2011 DBZ Prototypes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

2011 DBZ Prototypes

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 am

I want the SS2 Gohan and SS3 Goku! AWESOME :mrgreen:
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: 2011 DBZ Prototypes

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 am

Oh yea those. Those are part of the Zoukei Tenkaichi Budokai line of figures/models. They were talked about on episode 244 of the podcast, as well as various places here on this forum. You can see the prototypes in better detail on the official site: http://z-tenkaichi.bpnavi.jp/

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:25 am

Ah, my friend from Bellevue, those are from Banpresto's "Master Stars Piece" collection. Those pictures in particular are from Jump Festa 2011, where the Zoukei ("Model") Tenkaichi Budoukai figures were first put on display. If none of this really rings a bell, you can find out more about them here.

While SSJ2 Gohan did advance to the next round, SSJ3 Goku and my personal favorite, normally dressed adult Goku, did not advance... Oh well.

Edit: Damn you Tanooki! :P
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:44 am

Aww! Driving School Goku didn't make the cut? :(
He was my favorite! I even voted for him.
Oh well...
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dbzbabe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dbzbabe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:36 am

Chuquita wrote:Aww! Driving School Goku didn't make the cut? :(
He was my favorite! I even voted for him.
Oh well...
Yea thats REALLY disappointing, I would love more DBZ characters wearing some casual clothes, its something different and exciting, better luck next time : (

I'm STILL waiting for Vegeta in his pink shirt, why haven't they made those yet? I would be on a figure like that instantly.
Tackle life with as much energy as Goku! I'll try to do the same! - Akira Toriyama

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 am

Isn't that "driving school Goku" in that pic there?
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Isn' that "driving school Goku" in that pic there?
Image[/quote]
Yes it is.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 am

Yeah, but he lost out to Perfect Form Cell and didn't advance to the next round. They started out with 10 models, and now they're down to 5.

I'm also upset that No. 16 didn't advance, but I sort of understand since he was up against SSJ2 Gohan.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Oh, ok then. Thats still cool :D
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hujio wrote:
Yeah, but he lost out to Perfect Form Cell and didn't advance to the next round.
Ahhh you're kidding right! What do people see in Cell anyway? *really disappointed* Blegh Cell.

Dbzbabe
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dbzbabe » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Thats a real shame, why can't they just make them all! This is DBZ fans were talking about, I'm sure they'd all sell well. Or maybe I'm just one of those fans who buy too many figures XD.

When the final decisions are made can someone please post it here, I don't know how this works nor how many figures there winding down, I'd just like to know if Vegeta will make it.
Tackle life with as much energy as Goku! I'll try to do the same! - Akira Toriyama

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Dbzbabe wrote:When the final decisions are made can someone please post it here, I don't know how this works nor how many figures there winding down, I'd just like to know if Vegeta will make it.
Well I hate to be the one to pop your bubble, but No. 20 (Doctor Gero) handily defeated SSJ Vegeta in the first round by roughly 110,000 votes.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:08 pm

NONE of the good figures I really wanted won. Not a single one...

Vegeta, SS3 Son... God damnit...

How the HELL did Dr. Ribbitface beat him?!

Uuugh... The only ones that look good that won are that SS Son From the Freeza fight and SS2 Gohan... and even then, I don't know if they're good enough for me to want to buy them...
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Just make them all, Driving School Goku and Android 16 are the only ones I probably would have been interested in honestly.

I wonder what they're going to do with all those prototypes... :twisted:
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Extremely disappointed by the fact that No. 16 and driving school Goku lost. I mean come on, how many figures of those other guys do we need? They should just make them all. :?
Trans rights, now!

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:00 pm

SonEric84 wrote:Extremely disappointed by the fact that No. 16 and driving school Goku lost. I mean come on, how many figures of those other guys do we need? They should just make them all. :?
Make them all of make the ones people don't see often. Android 16 isn't everywhere and I can't even think of 1 figure of Driving School Goku or even Piccolo for that matter. We have tons of Super Saiyans, make some other characters.
Facebook.com/The70MGame

KKZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by KKZ » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:06 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't been a figure of Hatchiyack what with Plan to Eradicate The Super Saiyans coming out, unless I somehow missed him? He'd be a cool one to have.
[quote="temujin"]Krillin,the guy is just a ridiculous midget without nose.Seriously, he looks like some kind of bizarre monster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Krillin's head is also pretty big like a balloon. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote][quote="Thanos"]Eh... it gets kinda old hearing elitists say things like "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED WHEN GOKU MET BULMA"[/quote]

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 pm

TheLegendary117 wrote:
SonEric84 wrote:Extremely disappointed by the fact that No. 16 and driving school Goku lost. I mean come on, how many figures of those other guys do we need? They should just make them all. :?
Make them all of make the ones people don't see often. Android 16 isn't everywhere and I can't even think of 1 figure of Driving School Goku or even Piccolo for that matter. We have tons of Super Saiyans, make some other characters.
We don't need another Piccolo, there are many HQDX sized Piccolo figures, and there are no HQDX sized/detailed figures of SSJ3 Goku (to my knowledge). I would rather SSJ3 Goku won, and driving school Goku would have become insanely rare.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Raithos wrote:
TheLegendary117 wrote:
We don't need another Piccolo, there are many HQDX sized Piccolo figures, and there are no HQDX sized/detailed figures of SSJ3 Goku (to my knowledge). I would rather SSJ3 Goku won, and driving school Goku would have become insanely rare.
The SS3 Goku Muscle Mania HQDX figure, SS Broly and Nappa were also in that series
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:24 am

TheLegendary117 wrote: The SS3 Goku Muscle Mania HQDX figure, SS Broly and Nappa were also in that series
Ah, you're right. I didn't like that figure so I disregarded it mentally. My point is SSJ3 still should have won or at least advanced as compared to the 3 other HQDX Picoolo's we already have.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!