Complete DVD Front/Back Cover Scans Request

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Complete DVD Front/Back Cover Scans Request

Post by Coycoy88 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:58 am

Forgive me if this is the wrong section to post this in. ^^;

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here owns the DVD's "Cell Games - Earth's Last Hope", and "Cell Games - Surrender", with the ORIGINAL cover art? Would you be so kind as to take out the cover slip and scan the entire thing in a big high res picture? Something like this -

Earth's Last Hope has the image of SSJ Goku Kneeling down, with his hands on Gohan's shoulders.

Surrender had an image of just Perfect Cell doing like a Kamehameha pose.

thanks in advance! :D
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Re: Complete DVD Front/Back Cover Scans Request

Post by Coycoy88 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:19 am

*update* After a night of going through Google I found 1 of the scans I was looking for. A high resolution scan of "Surrender" Dragonball Z - Cell Games - Surrender

All I need now is a scan of the original cover of, "Earth's Last Hope".

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I was going to help you out there (scan my DVDs) but I realized that the covers are different on mine. Weird though, those pictures look so familiar.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:55 am

I wonder why Madman took so much longer to start including the Japanese version... we didn't get it until around Trunks vs. Goten.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:19 am

Since I couldn't find a HQ scan of that last dvd cover, I decided to re-make it to the best of my ability using some paint like programs, and photoshop. (thank god for my brother's laptop) Here's the WIP -

Does anyone have a better quality version of this picture? possibly a link to the original animation cel (If there is one floating around somewhere on the net)? I found this image on google search, (A screenshot from DB Kai) but it's a little blurry and it wasn't a HD shot. Plus it's the wrong shot. XD I need the one with goku putting his hands on gohan's shoulders. Or... do you any of you recommend another pic?

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:11 pm

FYI, thats not the original "Surrender" cover, the original had SS Goku and Cell fighting on the cover. Remember, The Cell Games DVD's came out about a year after the VHS did, the "Surrender" and "Earth's Last Hope" had different cover art. Ill try and get some scans later if I can find the time

Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey, the original Surrender cover was pretty nifty!
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 am

TheLegendary117 wrote:FYI, thats not the original "Surrender" cover, the original had SS Goku and Cell fighting on the cover. Remember, The Cell Games DVD's came out about a year after the VHS did, the "Surrender" and "Earth's Last Hope" had different cover art. Ill try and get some scans later if I can find the time.
Ah, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure which one of those covers were the original.

For some reason, the alt dvd cover of "Earth's Last Hope" with Goku and Gohan on it is really hard to find, while the VHS version is automatically that image. :( The only dvd copies I can find only have the cover art of SSJ2 gohan doing a Kamehameha, which doesnt even happen on the episodes on that disc.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:00 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I managed to get 3 copies of "Surrender" and "Earths Last Hope" on DVD because a local Blockbuster store got them in and went out of business a few weeks later, I got all 6 for under $20, brand new. I haven't seen the original "Earth's Last Hope" cover on DVD on Ebay in a long time
Facebook.com/The70MGame

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Gohans face on that cover looks like the new Kai eyecatcher.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:09 pm

So the Madman DVDs weren't bilingual? Or did they release multiple versions of the same DVD?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:17 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:So the Madman DVDs weren't bilingual?
Kingdom Heartless wrote:Madman...started including the Japanese version...around Trunks vs. Goten.
I honestly wasn't aware of this either. The only Madman purchase I've ever made was the first volume of Dragon Ball.

Nice tidbit of information.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh, bah! How did I miss that? Thanks for pointing that out.

But now that I think of it, does that mean that Madman had a much different (chronological) release schedule than Americans did? I mean, Cell Games were some of the last discs to come out. I had Trunks vs. Goten a couple of years before I ever got a Cell Games disc.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:But now that I think of it, does that mean that Madman had a much different (chronological) release schedule than Americans did? I mean, Cell Games were some of the last discs to come out. I had Trunks vs. Goten a couple of years before I ever got a Cell Games disc.
From what I remember, Madman released all their singles in the proper episode order, which resulted in dub-only releases until they got to the Boo arc and had access to FUNimation's subs of the "World Tournament" episodes.
-Rachel

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:33 pm

The Ocean Dub Madman releases were the best! I have those because they had the title screen, recaps and previews before and after each episode which the Pioneer releases never had. Also, they had the rare, "Stand By For Dragon Ball Z" intro.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Oh, that is pretty awesome. I hated how both the Pioneer and the early FUNimation releases would just cut all those out. It made me feel like what I was recording off my television for free was worth more than the $20-$30 I was shelling out for tapes!

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:00 pm

SylentEcho wrote:The Ocean Dub Madman releases were the best! I have those because they had the title screen, recaps and previews before and after each episode which the Pioneer releases never had. Also, they had the rare, "Stand By For Dragon Ball Z" intro.
A agree 110%, nothing beats those
Facebook.com/The70MGame