Editing (Censoring) Errors Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namekjin
Beyond Newbie

Editing (Censoring) Errors Thread

Post by Namekjin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:48 pm

I made this so people could spot and post editing errors from the edited versions of Dragon Ball or DBZ or Z Kai.

I found this in episode 11 of the BLT dub of Dragon Ball.
Last edited by Namekjin on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"This is gonna be easier than coloring inside the lines!" - Vegeta
"OVER 9000!" - Vegeta
"YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE....MY WRATH!!!" - Vegeta
Nobody wrote : The Season Sets are superior in every way!!!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Editing (Censoring) Errors Thread

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Namekjin wrote:I made this so people could spot and post editing errors from the edited versions of Dragon Ball or DBZ.
Do you have anything to contribute, yourself...?

I'm not sure we actually need a thread for something if the original poster doesn't really have anything to add, themselves. If there's actually interest, by all means, go ahead and add stuff, folks. Just seems a little weird. There's no need to "stake out" a thread or anything like that. Just go ahead and ask a question or post something you have!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Imma send you to another dimension!
You're in the Home For Infinite Losers!

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 am

YOU JUST WAIT 'TILL IT GROWS BACK!! :twisted:
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Namekjin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namekjin » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 am

I edited my first post with the image.
"This is gonna be easier than coloring inside the lines!" - Vegeta
"OVER 9000!" - Vegeta
"YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE....MY WRATH!!!" - Vegeta
Nobody wrote : The Season Sets are superior in every way!!!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:12 am

Namekjin wrote:I made this so people could spot and post editing errors from the edited versions of Dragon Ball or DBZ or Z Kai.

I found this in episode 11 of the BLT dub of Dragon Ball.
That was in the 200(1?) dub also.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:48 am

It's not the first time they forgot to edit some penises, I suppose it's a bit more expensive with completely human characters, since you can't just give a flat crotch. :roll:

Talking about penises, I noticed that the Path to Power movie was censored in japan. They cropped the view of Goku Jr. in a specific scene.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:11 am

Err, folks, the topic creator clearly says "editing errors". Spouting out nonsense lines from a first-run English dub of the series that really aren't "errors" doesn't accomplish much in the way of contributing to the thread.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 am

VegettoEX wrote:Err, folks, the topic creator clearly says "editing errors". Spouting out nonsense lines from a first-run English dub of the series that really aren't "errors" doesn't accomplish much in the way of contributing to the thread.
Censoring the impact of Tenshinhan losing an arm by implying that it'll grow back is a censoring error.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:16 am

Sure, you could argue that, but there's also a post before your own with examples that have nothing to do with "errors". Just please keep that in mind, folks.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:17 am

CatouttaHell wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:Err, folks, the topic creator clearly says "editing errors". Spouting out nonsense lines from a first-run English dub of the series that really aren't "errors" doesn't accomplish much in the way of contributing to the thread.
Censoring the impact of Tenshinhan losing an arm by implying that it'll grow back is a censoring error.
It's not really a censoring error, it's just something to make kids think that, "Oh, it's all right, Tenshinhan's arm will grow back somehow" without further questioning it.

Censoring errors would be stuff like forgetting to censor out nudity. Perhaps a censoring error would be the scene where General Blue's attracted to Obotchaman. FUNimation tried to censor the homosexuality and paedophile by having Blue say that Obotchaman looked like his brother, but they ended up making it worse by implying that Blue was incestuous too, since Blue still looked blatantly attracted to Obotchaman in FUNi's version.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:50 am

Tanooki had covered a lot of them in his broadcast version of ZKai topic.

My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Censoring errors would be stuff like forgetting to censor out nudity. Perhaps a censoring error would be the scene where General Blue's attracted to Obotchaman. FUNimation tried to censor the homosexuality and paedophile by having Blue say that Obotchaman looked like his brother, but they ended up making it worse by implying that Blue was incestuous too, since Blue still looked blatantly attracted to Obotchaman in FUNi's version.
Hahahaha, they failed so hard :lol:

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Fox666 wrote:Hahahaha, they failed so hard :lol:
Wait,wait!I got one ,too :D
In the first half of the german dub of the original Dragonball series,they cut almost nothing but instead just changed the dialogue.For example after Bulma shoots Goku with hergun she says that thatonly were rubber bullets,and when Goku tells Bulma and Co about how a monster destroyed his house at full moon he leaves out the part about his gramps,and Roshi is lurking in the bathroom waiting for Lunch because he wants to play a prank on her yadah yadah yadah.

This all is fun when you know whats really going one BUT there is one scene that is just too funny.Its when Goku is lying on Bulma and notices something is missing :roll: In the german version he wonders why Bulma is sleeping so heavy and wonders if she might be dead.Then he checks if she is alive by patting her crotch and undressing her.I dont know about you but I just found that hilarious XD
-凯

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm

lol That must be so disturbing for kids "wait, you can see if a woman is alive by checking her pussy? Wow, it must pulse like a heart or something"

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:43 am

Fox666 wrote:lol That must be so disturbing for kids "wait, you can see if a woman is alive by checking her pussy? Wow, it must pulse like a heart or something"
Oh my XD

What completely baffles me that they didnt edit the scene with Blue and Obotchaman,at all.So obvious pedophilia is alright but god forbid that a naive boy finding out that girls have no weewee :/
-凯

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:26 pm

Does editing out Tulece holding Gohan's eyes open in movie 3 count, since they show it just fine in the original dub opening? :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Tsukento wrote:Does editing out Tulece holding Gohan's eyes open in movie 3 count, since they show it just fine in the original dub opening? :P
I believe that calls for the label of "editing error." :wink:
You must have faith in who you are.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:09 pm

Fox666 wrote:lol That must be so disturbing for kids "wait, you can see if a woman is alive by checking her pussy? Wow, it must pulse like a heart or something"
I can just imagine some kid doing that to his sleeping mother. Oh, the calamity! :lol:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Wasn't this image in it? I'll edit it myself.