Dragon Box Z Volume 6 cover!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:22 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Box Z Volume 6 cover!

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am

They went to a lot of trouble to make the boxes look like miniature versions of the originals, they even have similar menus and Dragon Books, missing out on extras would be insane. Though I'd understand if they didn't include extras on the final boxes, they're pretty great already.

As long as we get the Movies, Dragon Ball and GT eventually!

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm

The Time Traveller wrote: As long as we get the Movies, Dragon Ball and GT eventually!

This.

So help me super kami guru if this doesn't happen..
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 am

Nice, July 5th, hopefully that date sticks and doesn't get delayed like volume 5.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Kame Flash

Post by Kame Flash » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:44 am

Bad ass. I'm glad Piccolo got some love.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:20 pm

Gogeta 00 wrote:Nice, July 5th, hopefully that date sticks and doesn't get delayed like volume 5.
It'll be a great way to celebrate America's independence, that's for sure. :)

SonGokuJr1991

Post by SonGokuJr1991 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:13 am

I posted about this cover today. Didn't know it was posted by someone before lol. Well now i know.

Choice195
Banned

Post by Choice195 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:59 pm

On my Youtube videos, People have been saying FUNimation announced "Dragonbox: The Movies", But I searched and searched but found no real evidence of this claim, Can someone tell me if i'm missing something here?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:24 pm

They haven't. When they first made the announcement in '09 that they were releasing Z Boxes, they also said they had the masters to the Z Movies Dragon Box. But, as far as I know, that's all they've ever said on the subject. They've yet to say anything about a release in the almost two years since then.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:They haven't. When they first made the announcement in '09 that they were releasing Z Boxes, they also said they had the masters to the Z Movies Dragon Box. But, as far as I know, that's all they've ever said on the subject. They've yet to say anything about a release in the almost two years since then.
I always thought that mention of the the movies was a mistake. Either that or they thought they'd be releaseing the movies by now. It probably has to do with getting (and releasing) DBZK so fast.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I always thought that mention of the the movies was a mistake. Either that or they thought they'd be releaseing the movies by now. It probably has to do with getting (and releasing) DBZK so fast.
Wouldn't it make sense if they released the movie box after volume 7?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:28 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I always thought that mention of the the movies was a mistake. Either that or they thought they'd be releaseing the movies by now. It probably has to do with getting (and releasing) DBZK so fast.
Of course it would. But why would they mention it a few years before releasing them? I really think they were either going to release them earlier or didn't factor in dubbing DBZK and releasing it so fast. I didn't say they should have released the movies earlier, I'm saying I think that's what their plan originally was.

Kakarotto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarotto » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:37 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
Well yeah, since there is no continuity between the 291 episodes and 13 movies, except for kind of the Garlic jr. saga and The Dead Zone. Though Funimation did start releasing the Double Features with the last half of the orange bricks, but I doubt they will release the movies between now and before the release of the 7th box.
Bald that way

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Gogeta 00 wrote:Nice, July 5th, hopefully that date sticks and doesn't get delayed like volume 5.
It'll be a great way to celebrate America's independence, that's for sure. :)
Not if your Canadian. :wink:
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:13 pm

Kakarotto wrote:Well yeah, since there is no continuity between the 291 episodes and 13 movies, except for kind of the Garlic jr. saga and The Dead Zone. Though Funimation did start releasing the Double Features with the last half of the orange bricks, but I doubt they will release the movies between now and before the release of the 7th box.
I imagine that the Movies box will be rolled out following the 7th series box... and almost immediately so, probably. The Kai releases are going to dry up without a Boo arc, and FUNimation has a habit of always having a new market option for Z available.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:32 pm

Maybe this Movie Box will come with the TV Specials...? How come they brought the TV series yet missed the Specials footage? :?:

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:35 pm

It may not necessarily have been FUNimation's decision. Or perhaps they will be included with the Movies box, although that feels like it would be a bit of a long shot.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:21 pm

I would definitely be amazing to get two movie boxes with all the specials spread out on both.