Ultimate Uncut editions out!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Ultimate Uncut editions out!

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:17 pm

As the title says, they're out now (at Best Buy anyway). I am currently looking through it, and I will put up screenshots and info once I've seen more. But check your best buys, the box plus disc is $25 too, not bad.
-Laserkid

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:27 pm

I got mine today I was very happy. Just a heads up...90% of the script is taken from the original dub...I'am not saying thats a bad thing.

They did change some things around. Like when Piccolo and Raditz first meet they changed the line from "I call this move keep your eye on the birdie..." to somthing more fitting "I call this move double Sunday..."

Well I Liked it.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Well then you're ahead of me on it, right now since my roomates on the phone I'm pissing around wiuth the very boring extra feature (and whats with interviewing that goth guy at an anime convention about DBZ?) - I intend to watch the dub once only because I have seen the old dub so often, but I intend to mainly watch this disc subbed.
-Laserkid

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:39 pm

I get mine this Friday. (I ordered through DeepDiscountDvd.)

DBW
Regular

Post by DBW » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:26 am

I was just wondering, for the Japanese track did they use the first cut of the opening, or is it the second cut? I'm just interested to know if TOEI even gave them the first cut or not (although I'm guessing not, since TOEI is pretty wacky that way...).

It has a 4-layered moving pan over a landscape instead of Gohan running along the dragons back. And instead of Nappa and Vegeta walking in that volcano thing, it has a tiny Kinto'un flying along the bottom.

If they do have the first cut, it should run from episodes 1-21.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:37 am

It's the Nappa/Vegeta volcano version that is present on the disc (as you described).

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:11 am

I'll second that as a verification its got flying Gohan and Nappa and Vegeta in the volcano as described. Stupid Toei...
-Laserkid

Dragonboy

Post by Dragonboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:29 am

I'll get it when i have the money to. I'm poor. ;____;
SI---GH
WHY DID THE WORLD HAVE TO BECOME THIS...? WHYARE WE DEMONS WHO BELONG IN THE WORLD OF DARKNESS AND DARKNESS CURSED TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD OF VIOLENT SUN....?

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:52 am

Damn. I have to wait because I get it as a birthday present (still two weeks...). :? :roll:

About the first opening: This one don't exist as textless version (as far as I know). Maybe that's the reason why they take the second one.

SS Kakarot
Beyond Newbie

Post by SS Kakarot » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:46 am

How is the Dub music? :o
My Cels:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:50 am

Ah, right. It is really the 'good old' Bruce? And the new Opening? Tell us more!^^

Ero-Sennin

Post by Ero-Sennin » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:56 am

~sighs~ Looks like i'm dishing out even more cash, as I doubt they will see a UK release, all we have had on the official so far other than the stuff on TV are two Movies, and both dubbed so poorly that I turned them both off with-in the ten minute range for sanity's sake.
Dark souls come dime a dozen, a truely pure soul is priceless, whilst a truely corrupted one is worthless.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:23 am

I like the music in this dub a lot better then any other english dub because its mostly done with real instruments like violins and pianos. Its not that techno stuff.

The opening is probley the longest DBZ dub opening, the music they chose is that rockish type music. I dont mind it though I skip this part.

ruffriles19
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ruffriles19 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:49 am

Where are you guys getting your uncut edition DVD? It's not supposed to come out until April 12th, another 5 days or so. I normally go to Suncoast to check for new releases, but they never ever sell DVDs before the company's official release date. Is there really stores selling it a week or so ahead of time?

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:50 am

I need to go check my local Best Buy. I would suggest going there rather than Suncoast anyway, as they sell the DVDs for $5-$10 cheaper.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:46 pm

Oh and by the way, there are 3 language optons: English, Japanese & Spanish.

Also I found out that if you are watching the Japanese opening and swich to angle 2, The dub opening music will play instead of Cha La.

Why would you want to do it? I dont know... but you can.

Dragonboy

Post by Dragonboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:53 pm

I'm going out today. I'll stop in best but and see how much it is.
SI---GH
WHY DID THE WORLD HAVE TO BECOME THIS...? WHYARE WE DEMONS WHO BELONG IN THE WORLD OF DARKNESS AND DARKNESS CURSED TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD OF VIOLENT SUN....?

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:08 pm

I called my local Best Buy but they said they didn't have it... I'm gonna go in person after school today since they are notorious for releasing stuff early [DB/YYH/FMA]. I did, however, rent it pre-street from the Blockbuster I work at. I liked the fact we finally have a Japanese track, the Spanish track was a treat, Having the FUNi cast in those eps was cool too. The Goku vs. Vegeta featurette was entertaining, I liked it!

The only thing is the image quality sucks the nut... it looks as if there's static!

Dragonboy

Post by Dragonboy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:13 pm

I'll go check. I'l being lazy right now. I need a shower. and stuff.
SI---GH

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:"I call this move double Sunday..."
Oh god, they're using the attack names from the video games now? -_-