Bio-Broly release date

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Domon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Bio-Broly release date

Post by Domon » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:06 pm

Animeondvd has the American release date for Bio-Broly as 8/16/05. Mark your calanders...

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:59 pm

Darnit, you beat me to it. Anyway, I might have to check this out. I've avoided this movie for 6 years. Everyone keeps on telling me how horrible it is.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:02 pm

Bastards! How do they always get the cover art so early!

Eh..I like the cover, to bad thats all I like about this movie... :cry:

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:45 pm

Oh hey, another one where they (almost) use the Japanese artwork. :D

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:59 pm

I notice they took #18 out of the picture though. Can't have a female fighter on the cover eh?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Bio-Broly release date

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:10 pm

AnimeOnDVD's Movie 11 Review Page wrote: It is true that Broly perished in battle against Goku and his sons. But a sinister conjurer has reincarnated the legendary Super Saiyan thanks to the vast wealth of Lord Jaguar, a tyrant with his own devious plan for revenge.
Uh... "conjurer"? Shouldn't that be "scientist"? And "cloned" instead of "reincarnated"?

Am I missing something here, or is FUNimation just trying to appeal to folks who don't believe in "theories"? :?

[Note: in science, a "theory" refers to a set of assumptions or "rules" that explains, as completely as possible, the behavior of a certain aspect of the world. Some are better-proven than others, though there is no shortage of documentation with regards to changes in simple species over multiple generations (drug-resistant bacteria, for example), analagous structures in more complex organisms (e.g. dolphin flipper <--> mammal paw <--> human hand), and genetic analysis (we share 98% of our DNA with chimpanzees; as much genetic variation within ethnic groups as between them; etc.). No theory is perfect, as the natural world as it exists is incredibly complex, and any theory (even music theory) can only provide a relatively close approximation of what actually goes on. But anyway... I guess I was just flame-proofing my commentary here. Not that I was expecting any to begin with, but you know how it is with these issues on the internet.]

EDIT: Oh, I see... they mean the village priest guy from movie 10. But "conjurer" is not a word that the character evokes for me... ah, well, whatever. :?
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

dim_sum_boy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dim_sum_boy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:24 pm

The box art looks nice. At least they used the japanese artwork with #18 taken out of the picture.

another bio broly link
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Dranium/ind ... entry90749

Heritic
Beyond Newbie

Re: Bio-Broly release date

Post by Heritic » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:48 pm

Yeah...I'm going to try and avoid this movie. Maybe, I'll give it a look if I get bored or something. Otherwise I don't think I'd want to bother with this.

On the bright side, this means movie 12 is getting closer to its release.

Blastero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Blastero » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:55 pm

8)
Last edited by Blastero on Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:12 pm

I actually liked this movie, well more than DBZ movies: 2,3,4,5,7,8,10 and 12 anyway.

I guess the fact that it focuses almost entirely on less popular characters probably hurt it's rating a bit.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:15 pm

This movie is so bad it should have been an extra on the "Brolly's second comming" disc.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:21 am

Kodoshin wrote:I actually liked this movie, well more than DBZ movies: 2,3,4,5,7,8,10 and 12 anyway.
Saying you like movie 11 more than movie's 2, and 3, is an insult to quality. Movies 1, 2, and 3 are by far the best of the bunch, and because of their esteem, the rest of the series pales in comparison.

GotenZ1
Patreon Supporter

Post by GotenZ1 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:35 am

I like Movie 11. Not because it's good. Hell no. It's definately one of the worst DBZ movies as far as plot goes, but I love the Goten and Trunks focus. I love those two guys! That, and it was my first fan-sub I ever bought so it holds a special place in my heart.

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:38 am

lost in thought wrote:
Kodoshin wrote:I actually liked this movie, well more than DBZ movies: 2,3,4,5,7,8,10 and 12 anyway.
Saying you like movie 11 more than movie's 2, and 3, is an insult to quality. Movies 1, 2, and 3 are by far the best of the bunch, and because of their esteem, the rest of the series pales in comparison.
Sorry you feel that way but I'd rank 2 and 3 near the bottom, 1 though is likely my favorite DBZ movie (not my favorite Dragon Ball movie overall though).

DBZ movies 2 and 3 were carried heavily by the bad guys more so than most of the other movies in the series I felt, and I just did not find them to be all that interesting a group of bad guys.

Movie 11 was carried by Goten and Trunks and I always love the results of their interaction together.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:04 am

Forget watching this movie, I'll explain it!

"Kakarrot!!!!"

Goten and Trunks "Kamehameha!!"

*Bio-Broly sludge monster iz t3h d3ad*

The end.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:54 am

Bit harsh, aren't you?

I'll just watch it myself. :D People say the same thing about GT and I love it.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:05 am

They removed 18 from the cover? :( Hmm, well, I'll just print out a version WITH the 18 and stick it on my case when I eventually get the DVD.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

tarsonis
Regular

Post by tarsonis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:30 am

Movie 11 is not bad. The plot isn't anything memorable, and it certainly isn't up there with some of the others, but it's enjoyable. If you haven't seen it, give it a try and judge for yourself.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:01 am

Actually, #18 and Kuririn make that movie in my opinion. Goten and Trunks' antics get old really fast to me. And well, just watching the beginning scene where #18 is at Mr Satan's house trashing the place because he still owes her the money for letting him win the Budokai is dang funny. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:54 pm

It does have its good parts. Of course 18 trashing Satan's home (classic) also it shows a rare look into Krillins new family. To bad these parts are slap dab in the middle of a bad movie. The cover should have been 18 trashing Satan's house...(joke) I like there cover.
They removed 18 from the cover? Hmm, well, I'll just print out a version WITH the 18 and stick it on my case when I eventually get the DVD.
You really care that much about 18 not being on the cover? Well... ok :roll: