Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

M4rb

Episode of Bardock: Giant On-Going Manga + Anime Discussion

Post by M4rb » Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

http://dragonballbenelux.blogspot.com/2 ... apter.html

The V-jump of July apparently announces a Dragon Ball Heroes manga (chapter?), created by Naho Ooishi (the author of Dragon Ball SD), to be published in the next V-Jump issue.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Heroes Manga (Chapter) By Naho Ooishi.

Post by Kendamu » Fri May 27, 2011 12:23 pm

That's really neat! I wonder if it'll follow the basic formula of the advertisements I've seen for it.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Fri May 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Interesting. Makes me wonder how much of this we'll see. It almost feels as if they're building up to Ooishi doing some major work in the Dragonball universe, perhaps a manga version of Dragonball: Online. Who knows.
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 pm

I wonder what kind of story they'll write for this.
Looking foward to reading.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Probably Hero-kun discovering the greatness that is Goku hurr hurr.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Fri May 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Epic! As an arcade-lover, I wanna see how this will increase Heroes' popularity(even though it already is pretty popular).

Naoto Ooishi, please make a GT manga, lol.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm just gonna throw this out there before anyone gets their hopes up, but there's no new manga coming out. This whole thing is simply someone mistranslating the page. The "manga" in question is actually an insert that comes with most every issue of V-Jump these days. In fact, the guy posting about this V-Jump issue actually took a few pictures of this issue's insert (front, middle, and back). The insert itself is called the "Dragon Hero Newspaper" (龍英雄新聞), which is essentially what it is, a short newspaper covering different aspects of the game. It's kind of like the "Shenlong Times" that came with the daizenshuu, only bigger and more pointless (unless you like DragonBall Heroes).

Anyway, I'm guessing the person that was looking at this just saw the word "manga" (漫画) was printed on the "DragonBall Heroes" preview page, and jumped to the conclusion that V-Jump was publishing a new manga. Here's the whole phrase as printed on the page, with "manga" underlined:

大好評「龍英雄新聞」に加え漫画も掲載!!
Translations: "The greatly popular 'Dragon Hero Newspaper' will be inserted with the manga!!"

In this case, it's referring to the manga that's normally printed in the magazine, not a new "DragonBall Heroes" manga series. Oh, and for the record, Ooishi Naho's name isn't mentioned anywhere on that page. Again I'm guessing, but the first part of that sentence (大好) could be read as a name. So I'm assuming they plugged it into a translator and got "Oyoishi", which is how it would be pronounced as a name and does look similar to "Ooishi". However, in this case, it's actually pronounced "dai-kouhyou", meaning "greatly popular". Combine all these assumptions together and you get a new "manga" from some "Oyoishi" guy. But in reality, it's just a newspaper they've been printing in V-Jump since DragonBall Heroes premiered.

I guess it's a good thing this guy posted such a good picture of next issue preview. :P

Rumor killed! Don't forget kids, knowledge is power!
Last edited by Hujio on Fri May 27, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: False Information: Ooishi NOT Doing "Heroes" Manga

Post by Kendamu » Fri May 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Awww. It's gonna take a billion mommy kisses for this to get better. :cry:
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri May 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Hujio wrote:大好評「龍英雄新聞」に加え漫画も掲載!!
Translations: "The greatly popular 'Dragon Hero Newspaper' will be inserted with the manga!!"
More like "In addition to the popular 'Dragon Hero Newspaper", manga will be published too!!"
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Jaruka
Regular

Post by Jaruka » Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Herms wrote:
Hujio wrote:大好評「龍英雄新聞」に加え漫画も掲載!!
More like "In addition to the popular 'Dragon Hero Newspaper", manga will be published too!!"
So wait... We are getting manga now? :lol:
mysticboy wrote:Raditz has the durability of 3 moons.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Herms wrote:More like "In addition to the popular 'Dragon Hero Newspaper', manga will be published too!!"
You just had to ruin my post, didn't you?! :P

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri May 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Jaruka wrote:So wait... We are getting manga now? :lol:
If you mean a DB Heroes manga like that news site said, I don't know. They certainly seem to be stressing that there's going to be some sort of manga too, in addition to the Heroes Newspaper thing, but just what they mean by that I don't know. Maybe they are just talking about the various manga that always run in V-Jump like Hujio said. It's hard for me to say, because I don't read V-Jump and so only have that one scan of part of a page for context. There's definitely nothing in the scan about Naho Ooishi drawing anything, and if they really were having a full-fledged DB Heroes manga in the very next issue, I'd expect them to make a bigger to-do about it than just that bit of text.

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Well, thanks for (somewhat) clearing this up, guys.

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, it seems that whoever added the "False Information" and "NOT" part in the title, might probably better remove it again:

Carddass-dbZ

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Yep, I'll fix the title. The blurb says:

"Naho Ooishi-sensei will draw 'Onyuu Tokusentai!' Super warriors invade! A special manga will be serialized!!"

Obviously a play on Ginyuu Tokusentai, but I don't know who or what Onyuu is. Also note that the kanji for Tokusentai is different here. Ginyuu uses 特戦隊 (special fighting team), while this one uses 特選隊 (special chosen team).

EDIT: Changed the topic title again, because nathantheguitarist pointed that the Onyuu Tokusentai were these guys. So it might just be some news comic rather than any kind of Heroes adaptation.

EDIT 2: I made a dumb mistake, and it's not about those guys at all (see below). Probably will be a Heroes comic after all, but I guess we'll see in a few days.
-Rachel

Herms

Re: Ooishi Doing V-Jump Manga: "Onyuu Tokusentai"

Post by Herms » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:08 pm

It's more like "Naho Ooishi of 'Onyuu Tokusentai'" will be drawing the special manga. They just seem to be citing Onyuu Tokusentai as the thing she's most known for.

TripleRach

Re: Ooishi Doing V-Jump Manga

Post by TripleRach » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 pm

...Damn, how did I miss that no? Edited the topic title yet again.
-Rachel

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Huh. Could be interesting. I'm more interested in DBO's backstory than Heroes' (Heroes' seems more Gary Stu-ish than DBO because the characters just get sucked into the world of DB from the real world rather than already being a part of it and simply going back in time. Also the "suddenly becoming a saiyajin" thing that Heroes is doing.) but there should be some nice artwork coming out of this, so I guess I'm up for it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:08 am

Chuquita wrote:Huh. Could be interesting. I'm more interested in DBO's backstory than Heroes' (Heroes' seems more Gary Stu-ish than DBO because the characters just get sucked into the world of DB from the real world rather than already being a part of it and simply going back in time. Also the "suddenly becoming a saiyajin" thing that Heroes is doing.)but there should be some nice artwork coming out of this, so I guess I'm up for it.
That´s the spirit!
-凯

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:55 pm

I still say you can't just assume Ooishi Naho was going to do this manga when it was never officially stated until now. But nonetheless, I was indeed wrong, and I'm not afraid to admit it. If you listen to the DaizEX podcast at all, I did note in episode #260 that while this manga may or may not actually be published, the fact was there was no confirmation (at the time) to support Ooishi Naho as being the author. So yes, my claim of "wrongly translating" was incorrect, but I guess in the end there was really nothing to mis-translate since her name wasn't even mentioned in the last issue. And yes, knowledge is power. Reporting someone is doing something without any substantial confirmation... Well, that's certainly not power. ;-)

But like I said on Kanzentai, props to Carddass-dbZ for staying on top of this!

Also, I just thought I'd point out that as of this morning they did update the preview image to remove the text saying, "Ooishi Naho of 'Onyuu Tokusentai'". The reasoning behind that? Well, it's because she didn't draw the "Onyuu Tokusentai" gadget comics, which I guess I should have pointed out in this thread long ago. Those were actually done by Tamano Rishiko, although the art does look remarkably a lot like Ooishi's.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what this manga is and if it'll be ongoing. I'm really curious how long it'll be, since the DragonBall SD chapters have been so short.