PSN Adds DBZ to Video Store

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Re: PSN Adds DBZ to Video Store

Post by SSJSteve » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm pretty sure that they are the Season Sets episodes though.
Yeah, it's the Season Set footage:
FUNimation wrote:If you're wondering, the video will be the same as the orange season sets with English voice track and original Japanese music.
http://www.funimation.com/news

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:30 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:It's good to know that Sony is putting DBZ on the PSN marketplace. I don't have a PS3 myself, but I have the whole series on DVD. Good that's it the dub with Kikuchi's score. Not surprised that it's the orange brick footage.
Adamant wrote:
Jackal puFF wrote:Good to know. Glad they're supporting dragonball!
...with a garbage dub presented with an almost as bad video track.

Yay.
And here we go again more dub bashing. I'll say it again FUNi's DBZ dub is not the best dub in the world, but it's way better than the Big Green, Malaysian & Portuguese dubs. It's even better than the Agapio Racing Team Finnish dub of Digimon.
I'd rather you spat on my steak than shat on my steak, but I'd prefer if you allowed me to just have the steak without fucking with it first. Especially since you're charging for it.

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure why you're defending their choice of offering the series solely in one of the worst ways it's ever been presented by saying someone else arguably had it worse at some time.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:50 pm

How about we just agree that every single English dub of the series sucked and FUNimation should be aware of this by now. With the PSN Season Set episodes, they're just luring more people in so they can make as much money as they can off said dub.
So mondo lame.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:42 pm

It looks nice on the PSP, at least.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:18 pm

I just wanted to mention that this release seems to be doing well. I was just browsing the video section and DBZ episode 2 is currently the seventh best in the episode sales category. It's currently outselling hits like Naruto and South Park.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
So mondo lame.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:27 pm

GotenDaisuki wrote:Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
It's good for Funimation. It's bad for the poor saps that buy this crap for more money per episodes than the DVDs cost. When they're on sale, the Dragon Box sets cost less than $1 an episode.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 pm

Eddie wrote:It's good for Funimation. It's bad for the poor saps that buy this crap for more money per episodes than the DVDs cost. When they're on sale, the Dragon Box sets cost less than $1 an episode.
I think it could be good for some people. I mean, FUNimation doesn't care if the people like the stuff they buy or not, but if they are enjoying the content they bought, good for them. Too bad they aren't aware that they're getting ripped-off.
So mondo lame.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 pm

You're still better off buying the DVDs. Even if you want the Orange Brick episodes, it's cheaper to buy the physical product. It is interesting that the DBZ episodes are basically half price, though. I stand by my previous idea that this was done due to the loss of half the image.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 am

Kinda surprised Funimation is having DBZ and DBZK co-exist (so to speak). I have to admit, I kinda thought Funimation would have tried to push DBZ under the rug for a while or until they release it on Blu-ray. DBZ is now more readily available then ever before!

(Insert witty "too bad it's the orange bricks footage" comment)

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am

I might download episode 1 for free and try it on my PSP later, if they were dragon box episodes I would really be tempted to buy them and have them on my PSP, but orange box nah.

I have a friend who is pretty much into downloading his games and movies only, so I may try to see if he would be interested in this, but I do wish it wasn't the orange brick footage.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Budogenkai wrote:I have a friend who is pretty much into downloading his games and movies only, so I may try to see if he would be interested in this, but I do wish it wasn't the orange brick footage.
Well, FUNimation's ripping people off. Or whoever makes the price listing. So I don't know if you should.
So mondo lame.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm

GotenDaisuki wrote:Well, FUNimation's ripping people off. Or whoever makes the price listing. So I don't know if you should.
I wouldn't go that far. Most episodes cost $2. Dragon Ball Z is actually cheap, costing only $1 per episode. It's just even cheaper to get the DVDs. That's how shows usually are, though.

GotenDaisuki
Regular

Post by GotenDaisuki » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:09 pm

Well, not everything. For example, an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood costs $2 on PSN. The DVDs, at Best Buy, at least, contain 13 episodes and costs $40. That's about $3 per episode, so buying on PSN is much cheaper.
So mondo lame.

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 pm

That's because Best Buy is expensive. You can occasionally get FMA:B for around $30 on blu-ray. It's not that hard to get the DVDs for even less. If you shop around, you rarely pay full retail price for stuff.
Last edited by Eddie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Budogenkai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Budogenkai » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Eddie wrote:That's because Best Buy is expensive. You can occasionally get FMA:B for around $30 on blu-ray. It's not that hard to get th DVDs for even less. If you shop around, you rarely pay full retail price for stuff.
That's true, but he's the kind of guy who would pay more just to have it digitally. Idiotic I know, but it's his preference.
PSN: Genkaidomo
360: Bhuda64

http://www.youtube.com/BurritoNchips

anyone know where I can get a good cheap mic?

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Eddie wrote:That's because Best Buy is expensive. You can occasionally get FMA:B for around $30 on blu-ray. It's not that hard to get th DVDs for even less. If you shop around, you rarely pay full retail price for stuff.
I agree with this. I only just started buying the Kai sets from there now that the MSRP dropped to $30 and they sell them for $20-$25. Before that, they charged $40 for a Kai DVD set and $50 for a Dbox. That's why I got my Dbox on Amazon.

KiddoCabbusses
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KiddoCabbusses » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:58 pm

From my own experience, a bit of savvy shopping has gotten me 6 out of 9 of the Orange Bricks for really dirt cheap prices. I'm just two short from having the complete series in Orange Brick form.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:43 am

While you can get the actual DVDs for a lot cheaper, having the entire series for $291 isn't all that bad. Besides, if anything long-term buyers of these on PSN will likely just get the best episodes and call it a day.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:59 pm

Just a quick little update: Season 2 is now available. Once again the first hit's free. Don't be tempted by free Orange Brick footage, kids. It's bad for your health.