Dragon Ball Z Movie Pack 1 & 2 (1-9) DVD sets at RightStuf!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movie Pack 1 (1-5) DVD set at RightStuf!

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Wow...a lot of those aren't drawn very well at all.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:Wow...a lot of those aren't drawn very well at all.
Mmm? A lot? Janemba, Mecha Cooler and maybe Hildegarn movies are the only drawned well
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

jnj13

Post by jnj13 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:41 pm

CODii wrote:I am still hoping for a domestic Dragon Box: The Movies, but this release gives me even less confidence that such a set will ever be released. If it is I will surely jump on it, but these sets seem cheap enough to justify me buying. If I already had the steelbooks, I definitely wouldn't buy this, but since I don't this will be a nice way to own the films.
I guess I can see your point, but don't forget how suddenly the Z Dragon Boxes were announced and released after the Orange Bricks were finished (looks like it was only about six months between the release of final brick and first DBox). I'm not really sure how much this release eats into the chance of a Dragon Box the Movies release.

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:33 am

I guess the real question is: if they bought the masters, would they not release them? I mean, would it make sense? Has it ever happened before? If they actually bought the thing, would they still go and not release in any form or shape? That seems intuitively to be a waste of money to me, a route they likely wouldn't take, but I don't much about this stuff so I could be wrong. Well, if anyone would take a guess to answer this it would be interesting... :)
Last edited by SSJ2Engels on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:12 am

Here's basically how I see it. Funi has these releases to correspond with their orange bricks and upcoming blu-ray releases. These are sort of like the kind of relationship that the DB movie 4 pack and the blue bricks have. These are probably the reason why the steelbooks have been going out of production. These movies will take over for the casual fan. They are the old steelbook footage anyway, and if I hear correctly, Funi has rights to the DBox movies now. So of course they would release the DBox movies if they have the rights to.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:05 pm

SSJ2Engels wrote:I guess the real question is: if they brought the masters, would they not release them? I mean, would it make sense? Has it ever happened before? If they actually brought the thing, would they still go and not release in any form or shape? That seems intuitively to be a waste of money to me, a route they likely wouldn't take, but I don't much about this stuff so I could be wrong. Well, if anyone would take a guess to answer this it would be interesting... :)
Brought? Do you perhaps mean bought?

Either way, even if they do have the license they don't have to release it. We know very little surrounding their acquisitions of the Z Dragon Box masters. Maybe Toei just gave them the Z movies as well when they got 'em, so they aren't to concerned with releasing them. Maybe they already lost the rights. Maybe the Z boxes didn't do well enough to warrant a release. There are all kinds of variables.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

SSJ2Engels
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ2Engels » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Yes, I meant bought. :P My English is amateur so here and there I commit those kinds of mistakes... :)

Well, then I can only hope some official information about this box will be disclosed near the announcement of the 7th Z TV series box, as promised...

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:29 pm

I agree when someone said it's for the casual fan. I'm new here btw. Hello! It irks me so much that even if it is cheap to buy it's I guess buying what you paid for because it looks like the 4 movie pack of Dragon Ball which was 4 thin cases w/ redrawn cover art which in most cases didn't look too great to me. It's just low quality especially to people who are buying the Dragon Boxes. I believe the thin cases even have the recyclable symbol that goes through the case which just isn't a collectable to me.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 pm

Beji wrote:I agree when someone said it's for the casual fan. I'm new here btw. Hello! It irks me so much that even if it is cheap to buy it's I guess buying what you paid for because it looks like the 4 movie pack of Dragon Ball which was 4 thin cases w/ redrawn cover art which in most cases didn't look too great to me. It's just low quality especially to people who are buying the Dragon Boxes. I believe the thin cases even have the recyclable symbol that goes through the case which just isn't a collectable to me.
Whats with all the red ??? Are those corrections that a moderator made or something ??? If it is, then that's a lot of mistakes.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Yeah. It's the moderation team making alterations to that user's post in order to demonstrate how future posts could be improved to better reflect the Forum Rules, which new members agree to upon signing up.

~Da Lemmy
Last edited by Li'l Lemmy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't understand when someone says ( it's for the casual fan) I will be buying this because it includes the cooler movie. And i will not pay 90 dollars for that steel book!

This is what i own in the dragonball universe

The original Z movie's
The remastered steel set's with the exception of the cooler movie
All the orange brick sets
All blue brick dragonball set
All green brick GT
Dragonball z kai 1-4
Original 54 episodes of the ocean dub
Too many vhs tapes :lol:
Yo the return of son goku and friends return dvd
The original plan to eradicate the super saiyans dvd
1st dragonbox
and the dragonball z tv special( goku and gohan in tuxes)
Am i casual? I'm not meaning to make a big thing about this but just felt like typing. :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I don't understand when someone says ( it's for the casual fan) I will be buying this because it includes the cooler movie. And i will not pay 90 dollars for that steel book!
Sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say. Is English your second language ???

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm trying to understand how buying this product make's someone a casual fan?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:35 pm

samuraix123 wrote:and the dragonball z tv special( goku and gohan in tuxes)
You managed to own an unreleased product? What's your secret?!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 pm

My friend gave me a copy of it :D And i burned it on dvd.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Oh my. The assumption is that Funimation is gearing this release toward the casual fan who does not care for or even know about the Dragon Boxes. These are just to go along with the orange bricks. They would be nice to have if you don't have all the steelbooks, but I would hold out for possible Dragon Box releases.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:47 pm

I just thought maybe someone was saying that anyone who purchases this is a casual fan :lol: My mistake 8) By the way could i get some help? I have a picture i want to use on this site. But does the pic haft to be 80x80? and how do i attach it to my profile?
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Oh, ok. Could you please explain this whole tv special thing ??? Like what's it's title ??? Because I honestly don't know what you are talking about. Is this a Japanese release that I haven't seen? Because I have still yet to see the OVA's. Maybe you are referring to the movie (can't think which one at the moment) where Gohan is applying at school.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 pm

This is what i am referring too
http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=16994
It's the overview special where Goku and gohan talk about some of the original dragonball movie's and some of the Z movie's
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh dang !!! I love finding stuff I never knew existed !!!