Dragon Ball Dragon Box

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Dragon Ball Dragon Box

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Whoever wants Funimation to do a Dragonbox for Dragonball, let's make some noise. Post below. This shouldn't even be a discussion; it should just happen. The remastered sets fail to reach the quality standard that this show and series deserve.

The Movie Boxset is a must, but, so is Dragonball. Why pass up free money, Funimation? I know that you are doing your Blu-ray releases of Z, but give Dragonball some love too. Dbox for it NOW!!!!!!!!!

P.S. When you do a Dbox for the movies it should also have the Dragonball movies and the TV specials. Two sets with an MSRP of 59.99.

The first should have Goku on it and the second should have Vegeta.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Dragon Box

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I would have the first Dragon Box look exactly as it does with Goku on it. The second would look exactly like the first, but have Bulma and Master Roshi on it from case 3. The third would have Krillin from case 4, and the fourth set would have Piccolo from case 6. The box should be red and the first release should look exactly the same as the Japanese release, but should be the size of the English Dragon Boxes. The discs should use the exact same or similar picture art. 6 discs in each set just like Dbox Z. For the spine art it should form the Goku riding the dragon on the back of Dbox Dragonball, and that image should be removed and just be Shenglong on the back. What do you think of my ideas? I also think that it should say these words (??) on the back. And of course the pointless paper ad taped to the back saying how limited it is, lol. On the front under the character art it should have this printed on it:

A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far,
A story of heroes passed down through the ages,
Until Now. Witness the beginning of the Journey.

Feedback and comments.

Do you like or dislike my ideas?

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 am

P.S. When you do a Dbox for the movies it should also have the Dragonball movies and the TV specials. Two sets with an MSRP of 59.99.

The first should have Goku on it and the second should have Vegeta.
I am all for the Dragon Ball Dragon Boxes and the Movies but why would the movies have Vegeta on them? He pops up in a few of the movies and is short lived looking bad ass and is trumped by the main villian of the movie every time. I would want someone who was never on the Dragonbox too if that were possible and it looked equivalent to the other dragonboxes (like future trunks just because I like him) or even villians. You should'nt tell them how to list their own prices though xD

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:20 am

@ Beji the reason i said Vegeta is because they should just use the covers of the Dragon Book for them they are bad ass images and way better than the ones that Toei originally chose for the Movie Boxset. Sorry Purists :'/

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:26 am

I guess, I just don't find him as a movie character and vegeta and goku were already on the boxes (goku twice) it would be nice if they had a change up.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 am

The images i was saying are from this post. The site should look very familiar but i really like the Dragon book Cover front and back. I would be all for Future Trunks being on the Movie Box Set but it would be hard for Funimation to design a good image :(

http://www.kanzentai.com/dvd.php?id=dbox_movies

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:40 am

I already started a topic on this not too long ago: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopi ... =7&t=18064

And also, I can understand simple spelling and punctuation mistakes, but you should try to keep them on a minimum. That's a big thing on this forum. As you can see, mods go out of their way to correct them.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:54 am

I see the Goku and Vegeta but I think they would look wrong as the covers imo. Whatever way they decide to I hope it comes out soon and doesn't look like crap thats what matters to me.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:55 am

The DB season sets were way better than the Z season sets and it was in it's original formate as some people say. But others have said it was still zoomed in.

4 Dragon Ball Dragon Boxes.

The spine and back cover art as the same. But the front cover art for box 1 on with Kid Goku with his power pole from the first case. Box 2 should have Krillin from the fourth case. Piccolo on box three and Adult Goku on the fourth and final box.

The images of Master Roshi, Bulma, Yamcha, and Tenshinan from the other cases could be used for the four dragonbooks.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:15 am

Piccolo on box three and Adult Goku on the fourth and final box.

I think Tenshinan would be great for the 3rd box and the 4th one Piccolo if it isn't King Piccolo. I do not know what these pictures look like though. I just would like it much more if it was Kid goku to start and then Krillin, Tien, Piccolo like an order of rivals. I do not want to sound like a broken record with the "Not too many Goku covers" But not only would that make 2 Gokus in the Dragon Ball Dragon boxes but 4 of them including the Dragon Ball Z ones. Another point could be when I line up my Dragon boxes, I wouldn't want the last Dragon Ball one be Goku and the first Dragon Ball Z one Goku right next to it. I dont know if you agree.

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 am

Hopefully FUNimation will release the DB and Movie Dragon Boxes. But I guess their main focus are these Z Blu-ray sets, the Z movie packs, and of course Kai. Then eventually and maybe the DB and Movie Dragon Boxes.

rs_chaosmaster
Regular

Post by rs_chaosmaster » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Well eventually is not good enough I want the first one at the latest in 2012!!! Well I like your idea for the cover with goku, krillin, tien, and piccolo better than mine. But the rest of my ideas especially the formation of goku riding shenglong as the picture formed by the cases is still important!!!

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Shouldn't you be bugging FUNi's forums/twitter/etc instead of these forums if you want to get heard?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:54 pm

The thing is a giant outcry wasn't really necessary for the original Z sets to be released. I'm sure they're well aware that the Dragonball/Movies/GT box sets exist and what kind of audience wants them (even more so now that they've released Z.) It's admittedly a niche product. At this point I'm fairly confident it boils down to what's most financially beneficial to their company and if they can swing projects around like this right now. It's not "free money" if they end up losing more money than they get in for whatever reason(s).

In short I'm sure Funi knows what they're doing as an anime distribution company. :D