If you could describe character relationships (romantic)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: If you could describe character relationships (romantic)

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 am

Haha, that's brilliant! Perfectly represents the characters' relationships. :lol:

I see "Page 1" there, are there more pages?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:04 am

Page 2 makes fun of the more ridiculous fan pairings you see on the internet:

Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:06 am

jjgp1112 wrote:Page 2 deals with friendships in general, rather than relationships.
OK then. Could you send me a link to that page, as well as all the other pages (if any), please?
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:10 am

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:Page 2 deals with friendships in general, rather than relationships.
OK then. Could you send me a link to that page, as well as all the other pages (if any), please?
Edited my original post. I misread it, but the description on DeviantArt says it's satirizing the fan-made pairings.
Cold World (Fanfic)

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:17 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Edited my original post. I misread it, but the description on DeviantArt says it's satirizing the fan-made pairings.
OK, thanks.

Here's the original link, for anyone who wants it: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... e#/d1jjyx3

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Or, y'know, rape then murder.
Ya, that sounds like something that he would do. Like another poster stated, rape is usually associated with pillaging and brute behavior throughout history, and those qualities are associated with Saiyans in DBZ. Now of course, we are thinking way too hard about this, but if I had to make an educated guess, knowing what I do about Human history and associating that with DBZ, I would say Vegeta was most likely not a virgin.
I agree. I think that rape and stuff still happened between Saiyans, and on other planets with sexually compatible races they were conquering (we saw members of Freeza's army, Recoom and Jheese that looked similar to Earthlings), because of their sadism and savagery.
IMHO such a behaviour would make them just strong humans with tails and transformation, not different race with different biology and culture. Armies killing and raping everything that moves are too familiar to our nature, while soldiers with no sexual desires would be more alien and therefore scarier to us. Army that has no feelings towards us, becouse they treat humans like animals in every possible way.
Besides that would stop plague of slavefics and bad hentai
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:06 pm

I'd imagine Nappa and Raditz were your typical "IMMA RAPIN EVERYBODY HERE" while Vegeta was more like, "Sex is for the weak who can't control their primal urges."
Cold World (Fanfic)

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Where's "like it" button?
One tiny modification: Nappa seems to be a kind of tutor to Vegeta. I'd rather image him covering his ears while there are dirty jokes around and protecting from all "PG" scenes in films and reality :mrgreen:

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:24 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I'd imagine Nappa and Raditz were your typical "IMMA RAPIN EVERYBODY HERE" while Vegeta was more like, "Sex is for the weak who can't control their primal urges."
Why?

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Pairing Guide Piccolo is a Yoshi.

Just saying.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Kakarotto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarotto » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Would Vegeta's royalty status prevent him from "Rapin' Everbody Out Here"? It would be like the Queen of England getting down and dirty with a donkey. :lol:
Bald that way

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Kakarotto wrote:Would Vegeta's royalty status prevent him from "Rapin' Everbody Out Here"? It would be like the Queen of England getting down and dirty with a donkey. :lol:
Or the Empress of Russia sleeping around...wait.

Kakarotto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarotto » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Kakarotto wrote:Would Vegeta's royalty status prevent him from "Rapin' Everbody Out Here"? It would be like the Queen of England getting down and dirty with a donkey. :lol:
Or the Empress of Russia sleeping around...wait.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
:shock:
Well she was VERY loving but Vegeta is a stuck up and is cold hearted.
Bald that way

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:46 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I'd imagine Nappa and Raditz were your typical "IMMA RAPIN EVERYBODY HERE" while Vegeta was more like, "Sex is for the weak who can't control their primal urges."
Same question as Rocketman, why? Why wouldn't Vegeta want to rape the inhabitants of the planet he's conquering, if they're sexually compatible with him? Rape's about power and sadism, which fits Vegeta perfectly, and his royal status doesn't matter, because he doesn't even act like a prince anyway. He just acts like an spoilt brat who throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

I really can't imagine Vegeta being a virgin by the time he meets Bulma

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm

I'll repeat again: it would humanize him too much.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Wow. What a shift in direction this thread has taken... :shock:

Anyways, I've often wondered about the possibilities of anyone from the main cast sleeping with Chi Chi, whilst Goku is off battling, training, or whatever the hell it is that he does when he's away; she must be one lonely housewife.

www.KristaMichaels.com

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Eire wrote:I'll repeat again: it would humanize him too much.
I hope you're not implying that rape isn't inhuman.
Mountain wrote:Anyways, I've often wondered about the possibilities of anyone from the main cast sleeping with Chi Chi, whilst Goku is off battling, training, or whatever the hell it is that he does when he's away; she must be one lonely housewife.
I actually think that, after he was dumped by Bulma, Yamcha had an affair with Chi-Chi.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:37 pm

No it doesn't. Having him be above rape is what humanizes him. Notice what jjgp said. Why can Raditz and Nappa be rapists but not Vegeta? Because the other two are straight villains who die fairly quick.

Vegeta hangs around, moves from villain to anti-hero to hero, starts a family, grows a moostache and gets embarrassed by his daughter; we're expected to cheer for him, if sometimes only because he's allied with the good guys; he's many people's favorite character, especially if they dislike Goku's "retarded = good" schtick. So obviously he can't be a rapist. The other Saiyans can be, but not Prince Vegeta (or Bardock for that matter). No sir.

The Yamcha/Chichi affair is crap. I speak as an expert on ChiChi.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 pm

the_abberration wrote:Goku and Chi Chi

So true. :lol:

This thread has turned quite twisted though. :shock:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:42 pm

Rocketman wrote:The Yamcha/Chichi affair is crap. I speak as an expert on ChiChi.
Seriously, for fuck's sake, man. I know you're joking, but you don't have to shoot me down every time I mention it. :x