Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Z Volume Seven Discussion

Post by BobZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Finally got mine today! My life is now complete! :D

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Is it just me or did FUNimation fuck up their Dragon Box 7 release with some missing scenes? I just barely noticed on the episode with the scene of King Yama intending to bring Vegeta to earth that Vegeta never has his black and white flash back scene from when he fought Fat Boo back on earth, then afterwards he gets pissed off about how his plan failed. Why was that scene removed?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

BobZ wrote:Finally got mine today! My life is now complete! :D

<gossip>And have you heard? Goku got faaaaaaat.</gossip> :lol:

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Just got mine in the mail! The difference in height is really driving me nuts though. :?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

UPS tried to deliver it today, but I was at work. I hate work now. But I'm off tomorrow. I will be waiting...
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Jusenkyo_Guide

Post by Jusenkyo_Guide » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:41 pm

@DanielGClapp, me too still.. I kinda hope they end up offering a replacement box because it shows a serious slip in lack of quality. you can see it real well in this pic I posted when I got mine:
Jusenkyo_Guide wrote:Hey Everyone,

I hardly ever post here... but was feeling like celebrating as I got my copy of Volume Seven as well today! Nice to see the complete set on the shelf :-)

However, one thing that kinda bothers me is that the Outer Box is quite a bit taller than the previous 6 boxes, see pic:

anyone else notice this?
Kinda puts a damper on displaying the entire series, but only kinda.. as it still looks awsome! :D

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:10 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Just got mine in the mail! The difference in height is really driving me nuts though. :?
Display without the box. Though fat Goku bothers me more.
I have that problem too. The damn height difference. My first volume and my last are taller than the other five.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:Display without the box. Though fat Goku bothers me more.
I have that problem too. The damn height difference. My first volume and my last are taller than the other five.
Well I don't know if I'm the only one who does this, but I display mine with the yellow spines facing outward. I don't display the picture, therefore this problem isn't as noticeable. The thing that really drives me nuts is the disc order. I just can't get over it! I mean, they wouldn't put the discs in backwards on the season sets, so why would they do this on their "perfect releases"? Not only that, you can't switch around the order! AAHHHH!!! :x

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:40 pm

I was disappointed about that too for Volume Six. At first I thought they just got the discs around the wrong way while the book still had it right-to-left like the others, until I saw for myself it was reversed as well. Despite that, I just ignored it and fixed the disc order to match the rest.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:I was disappointed about that too for Volume Six. At first I thought they just got the discs around the wrong way while the book still had it right-to-left like the others, until I saw for myself it was reversed as well. Despite that, I just ignored it and fixed the disc order to match the rest.
Well the disc numbers are printed right under the disc, so that would still drive me crazy!

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 am

DanielGClapp wrote:Well the disc numbers are printed right under the disc, so that would still drive me crazy!
Yeah that's what I meant (in case if I said it differently), though it's something that hasn't bothered me yet.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:
DanielGClapp wrote:Well the disc numbers are printed right under the disc, so that would still drive me crazy!
Yeah that's what I meant (in case if I said it differently), though it's something that hasn't bothered me yet.
It drives me insane! If I'm going to have a "perfect" release, then the least they could do is put the damn discs in a consistent order!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:20 am

DanielGClapp wrote:It drives me insane! If I'm going to have a "perfect" release, then the least they could do is put the damn discs in a consistent order!
All I care about are "perfect" episodes. I couldn't really care less about the packaging. I don't even keep my discs in the boxes, I slap all my DVDs/Blurays into binders for easy access and so that I can rid myself of the hundreds upon hundreds of useless cases that only take up space. I am keeping the Dragon Box boxes as a "collector's item" of sorts, since they look nice and contain the Dragon Books, but they're just something to gawk at, other than the info in the books, the internals mean nothing to me...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:18 am

My expirience watching the first disc of the final Dragon Box was just ruined. :( The disc seems faulty - so far two episodes don't play normally and are thus unwatchable. I can't deal with returning the set, because I'm too far away and it would be just too much of a pain to do so. I do hope only the first disc is faulty and the rest are fine. I will still need to get e second Box soon to replace it though. What luck, really. :(

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 am

I was browsing through the Amazon reviews for Dragonbox 7 and I found this:
Sincerely this is the best way to view Dragon Ball Z in my opinion. However, I don't know if its just isolated to certain copies but one of the episode titles is mistranslated in the English version. The episode titled: "Run away Satan, An Angry Buu Emerges" came up as: "What the Z Sword Broken?!" Like I said I don't know if its every copy but that's how mine is which is kind of sad considering the money both Funi and I dumped into getting this series. Outside of that expect the same packaging and same quality of sound and video that you've come to expect from the previous boxes. In no way is the mess up a deal breaker just kind of a "what the crap?" moment.
Is this a problem with anybody elses copy?
Last edited by Drabaz on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Drabaz wrote:Is this a problem with anybody elses copy?
Nope! Mine is perfectly fine! :D

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Drabaz wrote:I was browsing through the Amazon reviews for Dragonbox 7 and I found this:
Sincerely this is the best way to view Dragon Ball Z in my opinion. However, I don't know if its just isolated to certain copies but one of the episode titles is mistranslated in the English version. The episode titled: "Run away Satan, An Angry Buu Emerges" came up as: "What the Z Sword Broken?!" Like I said I don't know if its every copy but that's how mine is which is kind of sad considering the money both Funi and I dumped into getting this series. Outside of that expect the same packaging and same quality of sound and video that you've come to expect from the previous boxes. In no way is the mess up a deal breaker just kind of a "what the crap?" moment.
Is this a problem with anybody elses copy?
That sounds like a pretty big mistake... That's the first I've heard of it though, so maybe it was an excuse to rate it lower?
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Mountain
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mountain » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:50 pm

*Waits patiently for proper screen caps*

www.KristaMichaels.com

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Mine arrived today! I haven't watched it yet though. :3
I'm excited, some of my favorite Buu arc eps are near the end of the story and this is my first time owning many of those episodes. (I've had random singles before.)
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!