FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by DemonRin » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:54 am

Sssssssssssssssstill happy I already have all 7
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:53 am

Daimakku wrote:
Kibito_Kai wrote:What's the deal with box 2? I still see a bunch floating around here in Toronto...
Buy them and sell them online to people. But dont be one of those scalper a-holes charging a ridiculous price for them. Be a bro to fellow DBZ fans! Or at least sell them to people from the Daizex forums that want them?
Kibito_Kai wrote:Well I'm free this weekend, I'll run by Best Buys and future shop to see how many they have sitting around.
DanielGClapp wrote:Hmmmm, maybe I'll hit up all my local video stores and see if they're carrying any DBoxes. 8)

That would be so awesome if you could do that and re-sell them, I'd definately buy it. Because according to Best Buy Canda they are selling them for 49.99 CDN (and in stock), but I can't get it because it doesn't ship to the UK, and Best Buy UK is crap, it doesn't have any Dragonball related stuff whatsoever.

EDIT:

Forgot to say does anyone know of any potential price drop for some of the Dboxes like what happened a few months ago, because than I don't have to go and get 5,6,7 straight away (unless anywhere here thinks any of those are in risk of becoming like V.2 soon). Based on most post 1-4 are at risk so I should try and get them asap. But if there isn't going to be any price drop I'd probably go and get more. Dilemma's pretty annoying really they could rocket in price any time but than there could also be a price drop.
Last edited by dballfan on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:59 am

Basically it was a Limited Time offer for the fans, I'm glad I have all seven of them, though, some of my Dragon Box 4 discs have a few light scratches which would make me consider buying another box 4.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 am

By the looks of it only box 2 seems to be unavailable but every other box is available.
Hmm, would suck if only box 2 were a limited release lol.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Only 48 hours left until..... :)

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 pm

I hurried up and bought Four and Five. All I need is Six and Seven.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi guys,

Need some good advice, Its seems like I am going to order at least one Dbox from amazon, and they charge £4.22 ($6.72) for shipping from here to the UK, however for each extra I add the price increases by £1.62 ($2.58), so I save £2.60 ($4.14) than if I was to buy it again later individually in terms of shipping. Would it be worth buying at least say one more from amazon (so 2 in total)? Or should I wait for a potential price drop, (on that point does anyone know whether there is going to be a price-drop? I)

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:16 pm

dballfan wrote:Hi guys,

Need some good advice, Its seems like I am going to order at least one Dbox from amazon, and they charge £4.22 ($6.72) for shipping from here to the UK, however for each extra I add the price increases by £1.62 ($2.58), so I save £2.60 ($4.14) than if I was to buy it again later individually in terms of shipping. Would it be worth buying at least say one more from amazon (so 2 in total)? Or should I wait for a potential price drop, (on that point does anyone know whether there is going to be a price-drop? I)
They went on sale a few months ago before Dragon Box 7 was released for $23.99USD a box so I doubt it will ever go lower than that.

Myself not being a big gambler would say to scoop these up now since Funimation has said they are discontinued. If you wait to see if they go on sale by then they may be gone for good.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 pm

PuppetDoctor wrote:
dballfan wrote:Hi guys,

They went on sale a few months ago before Dragon Box 7 was released for $23.99USD a box so I doubt it will ever go lower than that.

Myself not being a big gambler would say to scoop these up now since Funimation has said they are discontinued. If you wait to see if they go on sale by then they may be gone for good.
Thanks for the reply, if more people say this, I will play it safe and get them.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 pm

dballfan wrote:Thanks for the reply, if more people say this, I will play it safe and get them.
Definitely try getting them if you're serious about them. Try looking for DBox 2. It should be your top priority.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:21 am

I really hope the same thing doesn't happen to this as it did to my Box 6 where it arrived 2-3 weeks longer than expected. So if everything goes smoothly, it should indeed be next week.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:34 am

DanielGClapp wrote:
dballfan wrote:Thanks for the reply, if more people say this, I will play it safe and get them.
Definitely try getting them if you're serious about them. Try looking for DBox 2. It should be your top priority.
Yeh, definitely. I've been trying various things to get DBox 2 in particular.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:53 pm

In 26 hours, I will have ordered all the Boxes, and I will finally be able to take that giant sigh of relief. 8)

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 pm

dprez wrote:In 26 hours, I will have ordered all the Boxes, and I will finally be able to take that giant sigh of relief. 8)
Including two? If so yep thats definately a sigh of relief :) How much would it all come down to?
EDIT:
Anyone checked there local Best Buy yet? I'm still after D-box 2, any help in truly appreciated, like I've said if its selling for a good price I'll 100% buy it and pay for shipping costs too. Sorry if I'm being impatient but this D-box stuff is always on my mind XD.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 pm

dballfan wrote:
dprez wrote:In 26 hours, I will have ordered all the Boxes, and I will finally be able to take that giant sigh of relief. 8)
Including two? If so yep thats definately a sigh of relief :) How much would it all come down to?
EDIT:
Anyone checked there local Best Buy yet? I'm still after D-box 2, any help in truly appreciated, like I've said if its selling for a good price I'll 100% buy it and pay for shipping costs too. Sorry if I'm being impatient but this D-box stuff is always on my mind XD.

Yea, but now I gotta pay $187 for it :x

Apparently they were selling at the previous $157 price, since there were four left earlyier today, and now there's only two left at $187 from the same seller!!! :evil:

Bastards raising the price b/c their $157 price was selling.

O, well. At least now It's only like 16 hours until I grab my check, deposit $400 dollars and by them all at once!

Please God!!! Please let their be at least one DBox 2 left for me to buy!!! :cry:

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:09 am

dprez wrote:\Yea, but now I gotta pay $187 for it :x
You're paying $187 for a Dragon Box? :shock: Holy crap dude....

Drayenko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Drayenko » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 am

Santa will bring me 6 & 7 :mrgreen: :lol: .

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:36 am

I paid around £30-ish per Dragon Box so I ended up spending £210-ish, well it's still cheaper than the original Japanese Dragon Boxes and I got all seven so I'm very happy on having all of them. :D
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:17 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:
dprez wrote:\Yea, but now I gotta pay $187 for it :x
You're paying $187 for a Dragon Box? :shock: Holy crap dude....
Yep :lol:

It's worth it to me.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:26 am

Glad I got Box 2 way, way back when. And the recent ones for $31, aren't too shabby either.