FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KiddoCabbusses
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by KiddoCabbusses » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

On the note of Auction Snipers, I've used them myself. I'm currently on Gixen because it's one of the few where I've been able to use their free service without anything crappy happening.

eBay is pretty permissive of snipers. In the end, the person who bids the most money is the winner anyway. Sniping tends to work best to surprise people who think they can get something cheap by doing a last-second bid to raise the price.

dragonpiece
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonpiece » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Dragon Box 1 is officially out of stock at Right Stuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 4587/4/0/0
Twitter.com/Dragonpiece

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm

dragonpiece wrote:Dragon Box 1 is officially out of stock at Right Stuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 4587/4/0/0
Yeh it has been for a couple of days now. Do you think it's on the verge of going Dbox 2 on us?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

It says for me there's 1 left. :shock:

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:It says for me there's 1 left. :shock:
It said "SOLD OUT" earlier but now it seems that there is one left in stock now.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:09 pm

There's still one left, as it appears to be.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:41 am

I guess I'll have to settle for the Blu-Rays as importing is a little difficult for me. At least I have Dragon Box 3 and perhaps I'll be able to snatch up 4 and 5 during the holidays.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 am

Shit, looks like it's beginning. Luckily I now have all seven so I'm hardly bothered.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:34 am

DBox#1 has 11 left in stock on Amazon at near retail price.

DBox#4 is now out of stock on Amazon. Only available from 3rd party sellers.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 am

I just ordered box 6 because of the "Cyber Monday" deal, so I only need 7. I've got lots of OOP stuff to get, and even more now than ever, as now even more shows and figures I've been wanting are going OOP, so I need to try to get the ones I have least time to get first.

Dragon Box 7 just came out a month ago, so it should still be around for a few months, so I'm hoping to hold off on it for a while. If this changes, I'll have to order it on the spot.

I'd say I find it a bit odd that 4 is suddenly gone, as I just checked about 3 or 4 days ago, and they didn't even have a remaining stock counter. It's not surprising that they're gone though, as it's been stated many months ago that 1-4 were out of print first.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Does anybody else find the whole "discontinued" situation fishy? I mean, time and time again over the course of the last few months I've seen Box 1 go out of stock on both Right Stuf and Amazon and then spring right back up in stock in a few days. That and the fact that we've been through this whole "Box 2 has been discontinued and is now impossible to find" situation about a year ago and then it magically appeared in stock again.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:04 pm

Just got boxes 5 & 6 on Amazon during the Cyber Monday deal, so now I just need box 7 to complete the set.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Wow. These are going fast for the holiday season.

Amazon only has 6 DBox 1's left in stock, and there are only 4 new ones from independent sellers left, all for $49.50. :?

5 and 6 are really cheap for some reason. Box 1 will soon be gone for good at it's original lowered price like Box 2 is, and Box 4 would most likely be the next in line. 3 and 7 are going for their normal price, and have plenty in stock for now.

If these are the only Dragon Box releases we will get, then the people who don't have them yet may have to settle for used ones, or pay out the ass for new ones if they wait to long, like I did for DBox 2. Even the used DBox 2's are going for $300 now.

Glad I didn't wait to see if the prices dropped. They will likely never drop, and we will start to see the others raise in price just like Box 2 sometime after the new year, probably starting with Box 1 and then 4.
BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Shit, looks like it's beginning. Luckily I now have all seven so I'm hardly bothered.
Same 8)
Levlik wrote:Does anybody else find the whole "discontinued" situation fishy? I mean, time and time again over the course of the last few months I've seen Box 1 go out of stock on both Right Stuf and Amazon and then spring right back up in stock in a few days. That and the fact that we've been through this whole "Box 2 has been discontinued and is now impossible to find" situation about a year ago and then it magically appeared in stock again.
That could be because they were waiting for more shipments. Them being reported out-of-print and discontinued doesn't mean that stores didn't have some lined up to be delivered before-hand, and those were probably the last ones they would be getting.

It's likely that Amazon will not be getting anymore shipments for Boxes 1-4.

Edit: I'm gonna kind of eat my words here, but Amazon just went from having 6 Box 1's in stock to 15.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Levlik wrote:Does anybody else find the whole "discontinued" situation fishy? I mean, time and time again over the course of the last few months I've seen Box 1 go out of stock on both Right Stuf and Amazon and then spring right back up in stock in a few days. That and the fact that we've been through this whole "Box 2 has been discontinued and is now impossible to find" situation about a year ago and then it magically appeared in stock again.
Well before that we didn't have that email from FUNi saying that the ones that are left are the last ones.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:40 pm

dprez wrote:Wow. These are going fast for the holiday season.

Amazon only has 6 DBox 1's left in stock, and there are only 4 new ones from independent sellers left, all for $49.50. :?

5 and 6 are really cheap for some reason. Box 1 will soon be gone for good at it's original lowered price like Box 2 is, and Box 4 would most likely be the next in line. 3 and 7 are going for their normal price, and have plenty in stock for now.

If these are the only Dragon Box releases we will get, then the people who don't have them yet may have to settle for used ones, or pay out the ass for new ones if they wait to long, like I did for DBox 2. Even the used DBox 2's are going for $300 now.

Glad I didn't wait to see if the prices dropped. They will likely never drop, and we will start to see the others raise in price just like Box 2 sometime after the new year, probably starting with Box 1 and then 4.
BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Shit, looks like it's beginning. Luckily I now have all seven so I'm hardly bothered.
Same 8)
That could be because they were waiting for more shipments. Them being reported out-of-print and discontinued doesn't mean that stores didn't have some lined up to be delivered before-hand, and those were probably the last ones they would be getting.

It's likely that Amazon will not be getting anymore shipments for Boxes 1-4.

Edit: I'm gonna kind of eat my words here, but Amazon just went from having 6 Box 1's in stock to 15.
Well I waited, I think a week after you ordered it, and ended up getting it for $37.99

Patience is a virtue ;)
Last edited by dballfan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:51 pm

dprez wrote:Amazon just went from having 6 Box 1's in stock to 15.
They have various distributors they can acquire the Boxes from. I'm certain they don't have to purchase them all directly from FUNimation.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:29 pm

DBox ones are almost gone from amazon. What the hell happened to those 15 in stock? Well, they gone now.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:14 am

Looks like I'll never have 2, but I just on impulse bought Box set 6 and 7.

Never mind. Decided to just pick up 6.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 am

dprez wrote:DBox ones are almost gone from amazon. What the hell happened to those 15 in stock? Well, they gone now.
People bought them! It's good to see the last of these sets reach fans loving arms. At the same time I find it funny how many prayed for this release but at the same time neglected buying these for almost two years. I feel no pity for them to be brutally honest. Let the scalpers have their turn now.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:
dprez wrote:DBox ones are almost gone from amazon. What the hell happened to those 15 in stock? Well, they gone now.
People bought them! It's good to see the last of these sets reach fans loving arms. At the same time I find it funny how many prayed for this release but at the same time neglected buying these for almost two years. I feel no pity for them to be brutally honest. Let the scalpers have their turn now.
It's one thing to talk about having them. It's quite anotherto pay nearly $40 for each set.