FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

redfoot12

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by redfoot12 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:51 pm

I have orders for Volume 2 at buy.com and Fry's online. Hope one of those pans out.

It's sad that a new copy of Volume 2 going for $280 on amazon or ebay is the cheapest I've seen for awhile.

Android 50
Beyond Newbie

Post by Android 50 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:59 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Wow, just noticed that Volume 4 disappeared from Amazon and RightStuf. These are disappearing quicker than I thought.
Wouldn't surprise me if one person was buying them in mass.
Maron is stacked!!

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 am

I have an extra Dragon Box 2 that I am willing to sell for cheap, because it is not in perfect condition. The biggest issue is that one of the discs is scratched, so a portion of one of the episodes won't play on my DVD player. If there is interest, I can write up a detailed description of the issues (I think the rest are pretty minor).

EDIT: Received a PM about it, so that person gets first dibs. If he doesn't want it, I'll post a full description on the forums.
Last edited by ricecake on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:07 am

Managed to get #7 in time.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Amazon's pretty funny. Guy's act now and trade your DBox #2 and get $13.20 on Amazon!
Trade in Dragon Ball Z: Dragon Box Two for a $13.20 Amazon.com Gift Card that can be redeemed for millions of items store wide. See more Movies & TV eligible for trade-in
You can get more for the other boxes... I don't understand this.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Just a reminder for those of you still looking for these, http://www.justmanga.com still has DBox 1 and 4 for $50.98 w/ free S&H.

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 am

Placed an order for DB Vol 4 at bn.com. Anyone know if there are any issues with Vol 4? I remember Amazon took down Vol 4 during a sale due to some issue.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:03 am

INVINCEABLE wrote:Anyone know if there are any issues with Vol 4? I remember Amazon took down Vol 4 during a sale due to some issue.
No, they did that with most of them. 7 was taken down a couple of times recently as well.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:05 am

INVINCEABLE wrote:Placed an order for DB Vol 4 at bn.com. Anyone know if there are any issues with Vol 4? I remember Amazon took down Vol 4 during a sale due to some issue.
Umm...Barnes and Noble has been out of stock for a long time now.

Where it says "Usually available in 1-2 weeks" means it's on backorder. Just like everywhere else, they wont be getting anymore stock.

I suggest canceling your order and ordering from somewhere that's still in stock. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for nothing and during that time any remaining vol.4's on the web will sell out completely.

Buda64

Post by Buda64 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Does anyone know if there is any place in the US to buy Dragon Box 4? I (thankfully) have box 1-3, so the only one that seems to be hard to find is #4, but I'm willing to spend up to $80 to get it and not worry about it.
Gamertag: Bhuda64

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Buda64 wrote:Does anyone know if there is any place in the US to buy Dragon Box 4? I (thankfully) have box 1-3, so the only one that seems to be hard to find is #4, but I'm willing to spend up to $80 to get it and not worry about it.
Read the thread. Or at least the last page...

Yuyunarutoballz

Post by Yuyunarutoballz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:59 pm

JustManga doesn't have Dragonbox 4 :(

And i've been having this damn Barnes & Nobles ad for Dragonbox 4 on a website i got too for the pass 3 weeks now. It's Irritating me because i was saying to myself "No way they can be advertising this out of print product so easily and still have them on stock" So i didn't bother ordering from them because i felt it to be to fishy and now Craddle has just confirmed my suspicions. Why advertise and put available for purchase something that's clearly out of stock?

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Yuyunarutoballz wrote:JustManga doesn't have Dragonbox 4 :(

And i've been having this damn Barnes & Nobles ad for Dragonbox 4 on a website i got too for the pass 3 weeks now. It's Irritating me because i was saying to myself "No way they can be advertising this out of print product so easily and still have them on stock" So i didn't bother ordering from them because i felt it to be to fishy and now Craddle has just confirmed my suspicions. Why advertise and put available for purchase something that's clearly out of stock?
It was still in stock this morning. I guess everyone saw my post and ordered them all. :|

Funny thing is, I just saw that add you're talking about on my forums this morning. It says FUNimation products 7% off and has DBox4 featured. I think it has to do with your cache. Whatever you view, it will show ads for. I just downloaded malwarebytes and now I don't get the B&N add anymore.

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:29 pm

If I can't get Vol 4, I may sell the first 3 I have. What's the point in keeping them if I can't get them all?

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 pm

INVINCEABLE wrote:If I can't get Vol 4, I may sell the first 3 I have. What's the point in keeping them if I can't get them all?
Eww, don't give up so easily. You can find vol.4. You just gotta keep looking.

ET93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ET93 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 pm

INVINCEABLE wrote:If I can't get Vol 4, I may sell the first 3 I have. What's the point in keeping them if I can't get them all?
What about this:
http://www.yesasia.com/global/dragonbal ... /info.html

I think its in stock, it says usually ships within 7 - 14 days, which is the same as a couple of the other listings I just clicked on. It's $59.99 including shipping. There was however one unusual thing about the listing:
Important information about purchasing this product:

This video product does not have English audio or subtitles.
This product will not be shipped to Hong Kong.
That said I've always considered YESASIA a pretty reliable site and I'm not sure what other product they could be describing.
Last edited by ET93 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I've got to admit, the fact that these are beginning to sell for so much is extremely tempting. I have all seven and could really use the money... But it's such a high quality release! On the other hand, the Blu-ray's are pretty much my perfect release, with all the audio options, and awesome video quality. But the Dragon Box packaging is so cool! Ugh, I am so torn :(

What is a guy to do?
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:00 pm

sumpter360 wrote:On the other hand, the Blu-ray's are pretty much my perfect release, with all the audio options, and awesome video quality.
If all you care about is the video and audio, but could use the money, why not.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

ET93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ET93 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

sumpter360 wrote:I've got to admit, the fact that these are beginning to sell for so much is extremely tempting. I have all seven and could really use the money... But it's such a high quality release! On the other hand, the Blu-ray's are pretty much my perfect release, with all the audio options, and awesome video quality. But the Dragon Box packaging is so cool! Ugh, I am so torn :(

What is a guy to do?
I'd say hang on to them, having both the Blu-rays and Dragon boxes works well. The Dragon boxes cover all the content and the level sets have the superior video quality. Besides if you do want to sell them, sell them sometime down the line, the value is only going to go up.

INVINCEABLE
Not-So-Newbie

Post by INVINCEABLE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Craddle wrote:
Eww, don't give up so easily. You can find vol.4. You just gotta keep looking.
Yeah, I'm going to check some local stores like Target and Walmart. Suncoast had Vol 3 and 5 I think. Easy to find Vol 3, but not Vol 4?