FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 pm

They did not charge me at all. My opinion? Don't cancel it, contact them first. Maybe they do have the second box.

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm

I think everyones in denial lol i dont think they have any in stock that"s why i canceled.

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:34 pm

We just wanted to provide a status update for your order:

The item listed below is temporarily delayed, but we anticipate shipping it in the next 1-3 days...
Well. I guess that about sums it up, or down rather. I'll wait and hope for the best but I'm pretty bummed I didn't go for the private auction earlier.

ET93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ET93 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Jawdrahb wrote:

The item listed below is temporarily delayed, but we anticipate shipping it in the next 1-3 days...
Well. I guess that about sums it up, or down rather. I'll wait and hope for the best but I'm pretty bummed I didn't go for the private auction earlier.
That sounds more promising that the other email "DNA" received tbh. That sounds as if he has it, but there's a delay in processing the order or something. Maybe he didn't anticipate the amount of purchases :S Whatever happens I hope you guys complete your set, this scramble for these Dragon boxes make me feel very fortunate to have already completed my set.

Yuyunarutoballz

Post by Yuyunarutoballz » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 pm

So paranoid about finding this 4th box :cry:
In my opinion, box 4 is harder to find than box 2. (Luckily, i bought Box 2 at my local FYE when it first went out of print, though, you can imagine how pissed i was when FUNimation did their "second wave" of prints and more Box 2's became available everywhere -_-)

With that said, which box do you think is gonna go OOP next? I don't wanna be stuck in the same situation i am with Box 4 right now again :?

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:50 pm

ET93 wrote:
Jawdrahb wrote:

That sounds more promising that the other email "DNA" received tbh. That sounds as if he has it, but there's a delay in processing the order or something. Maybe he didn't anticipate the amount of purchases :S Whatever happens I hope you guys complete your set, this scramble for these Dragon boxes make me feel very fortunate to have already completed my set.
Thank you but honestly, I shouldn't have waited this long! There's no clear indication of which one's next but it doesn't seem like 3 is going anywhere at the moment.

CobraCookiez

Post by CobraCookiez » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Yuyunarutoballz wrote:So paranoid about finding this 4th box :cry:
In my opinion, box 4 is harder to find than box 2. (Luckily, i bought Box 2 at my local FYE when it first went out of print, though, you can imagine how pissed i was when FUNimation did their "second wave" of prints and more Box 2's became available everywhere -_-)

With that said, which box do you think is gonna go OOP next? I don't wanna be stuck in the same situation i am with Box 4 right now again :?
I'm betting on 3 or 5. I really don't know how 3 managed to hang on for so long when 4 is so hard to find.

ET93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ET93 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Code: Select all

Well. I guess that about sums it up, or down rather. I'll wait and hope for the best but I'm pretty bummed I didn't go for the private auction earlier.[/quote]

That sounds more promising that the other email "DNA" received tbh. That sounds as if he has it, but there's a delay in processing the order or something. Maybe he didn't anticipate the amount of purchases :S Whatever happens I hope you guys complete your set, this scramble for these Dragon boxes make me feel very fortunate to have already completed my set.[/quote]

Thank you but honestly, I shouldn't have waited this long! There's no clear indication of which one's next but it doesn't seem like 3 is going anywhere at the moment.[/quote]
^Sorry about the code it came up with that message which says you can't embed 3 quotes...
Dw, you will find it ;) Just be on guard an there will be reasonable ones which pop up. Tbh though the main problem is your from the UK, (like me). So you have to get that extra bit of luck and hope the seller is shipping worldwide/at least to the UK. Which can be really annoying. We are so deprived to Dragon ball related stuff lol.

SongOfStorms125

Post by SongOfStorms125 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:31 pm

does this cancellation only affect box two because i avent recived an email canceling my box 4 yet?

or is it because i ordered box 5 and 6 along with box 4

kidglov3s
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kidglov3s » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi everyone, something weird happened and I felt like I had to share it with people who could understand the significance of it. A few weeks ago after following the drama of this thread (being a huge fan of DBZ subtitled, mostly through awful nth-generation fansubs of 200-291 that I saw in 1999/2000) I ordered a used copy of Dragon Box 3 from GoHastings for $23. Though I hate the Garlic Jr. stuff I felt like it would be worth it to have it at this point before it becomes unobtainable. I ordered 4-6 from Amazon during the sale in July, at the time being a cheapskate and thinking that my orange bricks of 1-4 would be "good enough". It arrived on Saturday but they sent me the wrong thing.

They sent Dragon Box 2. LOL.

CobraCookiez wrote:I'm betting on 3 or 5. I really don't know how 3 managed to hang on for so long when 4 is so hard to find.
I think 3 will be the last one to sell out, due to Garlic Jr.

ET93
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ET93 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:07 pm

kidglov3s wrote:Hi everyone, something weird happened and I felt like I had to share it with people who could understand the significance of it. A few weeks ago after following the drama of this thread (being a huge fan of DBZ subtitled, mostly through awful nth-generation fansubs of 200-291 that I saw in 1999/2000) I ordered a used copy of Dragon Box 3 from GoHastings for $23. Though I hate the Garlic Jr. stuff I felt like it would be worth it to have it at this point before it becomes unobtainable. I ordered 4-6 from Amazon during the sale in July, at the time being a cheapskate and thinking that my orange bricks of 1-4 would be "good enough". It arrived on Saturday but they sent me the wrong thing.

They sent Dragon Box 2. LOL.

CobraCookiez wrote:I'm betting on 3 or 5. I really don't know how 3 managed to hang on for so long when 4 is so hard to find.
I think 3 will be the last one to sell out, due to Garlic Jr.
LOL! That's very lucky ;)

And for those expecting Dragon Box 4 from Movie-Mars, I wouldn't be as concerned. Because it is actually listed on their website:
http://www.moviemars.com/Television/DVD ... -Vol-4.htm

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Wow, that is very lucky. At least Dragon Box 3 hasn't gone yet so you can still get it easily.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm

ET93 wrote:And for those expecting Dragon Box 4 from Movie-Mars, I wouldn't be as concerned. Because it is actually listed on their website:
http://www.moviemars.com/Television/DVD ... -Vol-4.htm
They e-mailed me saying they didn't have it and cancelled my order.

Edit: Oh wait, no, I see what they did, they cancelled the cheap ones and now they're selling it for about triple the price. Smooth move you fucking bastards.

kidglov3s
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kidglov3s » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 pm

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:Wow, that is very lucky. At least Dragon Box 3 hasn't gone yet so you can still get it easily.
Yeah, I was really shocked. Like I just stared at it. Then checked the spines and discs. To see that, after checking like EVERY website and seeing Vegeta's smug face next to "out-of-stock" so much. I've had a lot of mistakes from GoHastings over the years (their inventory system is terrible), but never one that worked in my favor quite like this one did. I went ahead and ordered 3 and 7 from secondspin for around $63 total. They might've ended up being a bit cheaper at GoHastings during a 30% off sale (as they're listed as $26.99 so they'd be around $21 each with shipping included) but they're both out of stock there as it is and I didn't want to waste the fortune in happening upon 2 like that in not completing them at least 2-7. I already have level 1.1, from gohastings for $11 or so, so I figure I'll get 1.2 and 2.1 similarly eventually and then have Dragon Box 2-7, to have the complete series subtitled and in 4:3.

One thing people can try for Boxes 1, 2 and 4 is the online retailer Discount Movie Sale. They have them for $40 each, $30 with "membership", and listed as shipping in 14 days (which is probably out of stock, but they are a more obscure retailer). However they're kind of a scam and you'd have to immediately call them and cancel a "membership" they auto-enroll you into with your order that charges you $15 per month automatically after a "free one week trial" (as I didn't when I thought I could order Jason Takes Manhattan for $2 from them in stupider years, though I did receive the movie). Here's their listings for boxes 1, 2, and 4 if anyone wants to take a chance with them. I guess if you were going to do it the cheapest way would be to buy one and then order the other two with the membership and then cancel the membership

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:43 pm

I got the same email regarding Box 4 being on hold or what have you. I'll give them a few days just in case before I jump the gun and tell them to cancel it.

On the other hand, my order for Box 2 from their amazon store comes up as "Preparing for dispatch" when I go to track the order so, hopefully that means that one will come through. As pricey as Box 4 can get, Box 2 is the real killer so if I absolutely had to pick one to come to me it would be #2 for sure!
Just gonna keep my fingers crossed for now.
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm so glad I stopped buying One Piece DVD's to get these as they come out. these prices are crazy now.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Still waiting for Boxes 5,6 and 7 to arrive here. I'm so impatient...
:(
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:27 pm

DNA wrote:Edit: Oh wait, no, I see what they did, they cancelled the cheap ones and now they're selling it for about triple the price. Smooth move you fucking bastards.
Anime Corner did this to me (or according to them, 2 other customers before me) when I tried to order Gundam Unicorn vol. 2 from them, relisting it for 150 bucks on Amazon a day after cancelling my order. They weren't very happy when I called them on it and called me an "Ebay scalper" which is crazy. Haha.

So yeah, it happens and you can't do much about it unfortunately. :(
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

angelus0901
Beyond Newbie

Post by angelus0901 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 am

As I said before, I managed to snatch DB#4 for 36 pounds before it went up to 99. It arrived today! :D

Yay! :D

What the Helheim?!

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:57 am

Congratulations :D Someone few pages ago asked, how much you will pay for unopened Boxes, it might be just me, but, as a person, that out of all 7 Boxes, 2, 3 and 6 arrived without any damage (7th Box missed one disc, rest Boxes had scratched discs) used one is more worth to me :) (Or at least, more certain, that everything work)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015