FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by ricecake » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

Perfect wrote:Thanks, he posted the ad in this thread originally, I was just the first to reply.
Yeah, I posted about it here, and I got a PM from him 6 minutes later :)
My first copy had a little bit of damage, so I bought a second copy from RightStuf back when they were on sale. I didn't want to make a profit off of it, I just wanted to recoup my cost for the replacement. I decided to offer it to the community first before putting it up on eBay or whatever. I'm just glad I could help a fellow member complete their collection at a reasonable cost.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Awesome, Ricecake! It's nice to see someone here being reasonable and not contributing to the insanity. (part of which will be from my simply bumping this thread, but eh...)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:56 am

Come to think of it I have access to

Dragon Box:

as well. Shoot me a PM with offers or requests for the boxes!

Also selling 2x 4 @ 90$
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 am

...and right back to being counterproductive. Hmm. :|
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:09 am

So, I managed to snag a "buy now" box 4 on ebay for about 85 bucks including shipping.

All that's left is number 2...Oh this is going to hurt. :(
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:58 am

TriforceCaptre wrote:So, I managed to snag a "buy now" box 4 on ebay for about 85 bucks including shipping.

I got box 2 on sale for 200$, pm me
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 am

Raithos wrote:
TriforceCaptre wrote:So, I managed to snag a "buy now" box 4 on ebay for about 85 bucks including shipping.

I got box 2 on sale for 200$, pm me
I appreciate the notice, honestly...but I'm not paying that much for it.

Not faulting you at all, I understand that's like the average going rate for the thing so by all means sell it for all you can get, but, there's just no way I personally can justify paying that much money for a couple of DVD's. I had to bite my lip real hard just paying the 85 for number 4!

So yeah, it wont be me that buys it from you but good luck all the same. There's definitely somebody that will buy it, if not here than somewhere else in internetland for sure.
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:09 am

TriforceCaptre wrote:Not faulting you at all, I understand that's like the average going rate for the thing so by all means sell it for all you can get, but, there's just no way I personally can justify paying that much money for a couple of DVD's.
But... but... Bulma fighting crabs and other Namek filler HAS to be worth 200 bucks~!!
My favorite movie henchman is Sancho.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

[ Hoyoyo! Please pick up our Dr. Slump DVD! ]

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Ashura wrote:
TriforceCaptre wrote:Not faulting you at all, I understand that's like the average going rate for the thing so by all means sell it for all you can get, but, there's just no way I personally can justify paying that much money for a couple of DVD's.
But... but... Bulma fighting crabs and other Namek filler HAS to be worth 200 bucks~!!
I'd pay $300 for that. :mrgreen:
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Ashura wrote:
Well not to mention all the Ginyu stuff and the vast majority of Freeza....but, even still.

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

I just find it funny that the box set with the worst filler is the one that's also going for the most money.

Follow my stupid crap on Twitter. Please note, I do not have time to reply to any PMs about color correction methods anymore; sorry about that.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Ashura wrote:I just find it funny that the box set with the worst filler is the one that's also going for the most money.
I disagree. Garlic Jr. is the worst filler, and that's on one of the cheapest boxes.

kidglov3s
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kidglov3s » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Dragon Box 4 is in stock used at gohastings.com for $26.99, shipping is $0.96 per item with the case-sensitive coupon code BOOYAH. 1 is in stock used for $72.96, and 3 (29.94), 5 (29.96), 6 (26.98) and 7 (37.83) are also in stock, used. I hope someone who needs them gets them.

EDIT: Looks like someone bought box 4, I hope it was for their collection.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:50 pm

I loved the Namek filler, so it's definitely a good box to me. :p
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:17 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120840547515?ss ... 1497.l2649

Has anybody else who ordered off this listing gotten their box yet? It's been over ten days now and I haven't even received shipping confirmation. Not even a message from the seller.

Jawdrahb
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jawdrahb » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Levlik wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/120840547515?ss ... 1497.l2649

Has anybody else who ordered off this listing gotten their box yet? It's been over ten days now and I haven't even received shipping confirmation. Not even a message from the seller.
Have you contacted them directly?

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

I never understood the hate for the Namek filler either.

I like it more than the Saiyan arc filler.

The worst is the Red Ribbon Army arc filler.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:22 pm

DBZ Mick wrote:I never understood the hate for the Namek filler either.

I like it more than the Saiyan arc filler.

The worst is the Red Ribbon Army arc filler.

Well, it kinda slows things down. I love the earth part of the namek filler, like Goku headbutting a freakin' pyramid, but Gohan, Kuririn, and Bulma searching for the "dragonballs" on a fake namek is kind of, unnecessary.

I love the Saiyan arc filler. Ain't it fun how us DBZ fans differ on so many things. :lol:

Ashura
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ashura » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah, it is interesting... especially since the Saiyan filler is my favorite. It feels the most 'Dragon Ball' to me, to be honest.

I think the big thing about the Bulma vs. Crab stuff that adds to my bad memories of it is at the time I was watching it, I knew that Funimation was editing whole episodes outright. Right before those episodes premiered, they took a looooong break and ran reruns for a long time. I was anticipating the return like you can't imagine, and the return was... Bulma vs. Crabs. It made young Ashy angry to wait 2 more weeks, and I was actually more mad they didn't delete those episodes. :D

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Ashura wrote:Yeah, it is interesting... especially since the Saiyan filler is my favorite. It feels the most 'Dragon Ball' to me, to be honest.

I think the big thing about the Bulma vs. Crab stuff that adds to my bad memories of it is at the time I was watching it, I knew that Funimation was editing whole episodes outright. Right before those episodes premiered, they took a looooong break and ran reruns for a long time. I was anticipating the return like you can't imagine, and the return was... Bulma vs. Crabs. It made young Ashy angry to wait 2 more weeks, and I was actually more mad they didn't delete those episodes. :D
I feel the exact same way. All that arguing and what not that went on as the friends and family of the warriors watched at Kami-Sennins house. Loved every second of it. Yamucha playing baseball, Launch shooting at Chaoutzu and Tenshinhan. ahhhh I bask in it's greatness... :lol: