FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rory
I Live Here

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 am

Got #4 from eBay; £33.99. Not bad, not great. Better than coughing up the stupid amount most are asking for.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:56 am

Still waiting on a call to verify my card to finalize my order for box 2. .-.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:35 am

Now, Box #1 has gone up to $299.99!

Box #4 has gone down from being $999.99 and is now $299.99
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

DarkGokuZ
Beyond Newbie

Post by DarkGokuZ » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:39 am

Wow the prises is going up fast. By 2012 they will be more worth than the japanese Dragon Boxes. :shock:
digireign wrote: I vote to call it "Super Cyan."

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:51 am

Eh, it's just a phase. Idiots thinking that people are willing to fork out that kind of cash for (recently) discontinued DVDs, when that's just not really the case. The prices will go down again, maybe not $30s low, but nothing over 100.

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:58 am

I think what doesn't help is the fact that people actually buy it for those ridiculous prices even though its cheaper elsewhere. Because if there selling for those prices there's no reason for the seller to go down.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 am

dballfan wrote:I think what doesn't help is the fact that people actually buy it for those ridiculous prices even though its cheaper elsewhere. Because if there selling for those prices there's no reason for the seller to go down.
Yeah, I read that #4 had jumped up in price, and I heard people say it's 'insanely hard to find', so I decided to do a little search.
5 minutes later I got it at a reasonable price. People are kind of dumb.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:23 am

Rory wrote:
dballfan wrote:I think what doesn't help is the fact that people actually buy it for those ridiculous prices even though its cheaper elsewhere. Because if there selling for those prices there's no reason for the seller to go down.
Yeah, I read that #4 had jumped up in price, and I heard people say it's 'insanely hard to find', so I decided to do a little search.
5 minutes later I got it at a reasonable price. People are kind of dumb.
It is harder to find now then it was. One of the very few places I was able to find it recently was at moviemars. They are out of stock now too.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Craddle wrote:It is harder to find now then it was. One of the very few places I was able to find it recently was at moviemars. They are out of stock now too.
I just hit up eBay this morning, got it there. Perhaps I just got lucky, who knows.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Rory wrote:I just hit up eBay this morning, got it there. Perhaps I just got lucky, who knows.
Yep, you just got lucky. There's only 1 for sale at $130.

When did you order it from eBay and how much did it cost?

(5) Vol.7 left at Target guys. $34.49

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

Current Amazon listings:

Box 1:
2 new from $249.99 4 used from $58.74

Box 2:
5 new from $299.99 4 used from $199.99

Box 3:
Buy new: $33.99 22 new from $33.99 6 used from $29.94

Box 4:
2 new from $249.99 2 used from $250.00

Box 5:
Buy new: $31.99 18 new from $31.99 6 used from $29.93

Box 6:
Buy new: $31.99 24 new from $31.98 5 used from $38.64

Box 7:
Buy new: $49.49 20 new from $37.04 5 used from $37.84
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

redfoot12

Post by redfoot12 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Well, I had some money left over on my Amazon.com gift cards and picked up volume 7 just now at the $49.49 price. I believe if it goes down in price within a certain amount of time, Amazon will refund you the difference.
So I now have all of them except for vol. 2.

So over the last 2 and a half weeks I was able to pick up 1 and 3-7 each for less than $50. Not too bad.

I'm just going to leave my buy.com order for volume 2 open for a while and maybe I'll luck out. Other than that maybe the gouging will cool down soon and I'll pick it up for $100-150 sometime in 2012.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:51 pm

I got 7 from RightStuf today, and although it took unusually long to get to me because of the holidays and all, I had no problems. Boy, it sure is weird owning all 291 episodes of Z twice over.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:13 pm

One box away from owning all of Z. :D

Edit: They still never fixed box 7 being slightly bigger than the rest.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:36 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:I got 7 from RightStuf today, and although it took unusually long to get to me because of the holidays and all, I had no problems. Boy, it sure is weird owning all 291 episodes of Z twice over.
I'm still waiting for my Box 7 and VIZBig's, it's taking forever...
:( :(
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

johnboy1
Regular

Post by johnboy1 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Well, my 6 and 7 came today. I managed to get all of them without paying over $60 for any one.

As for other soon-to-be rarities, I'm trying to figure the best way of getting Kai. I want the Yamamoto score as much as possible (up to episode 52 here in the States), so I could just get the first four volumes and be certain of having it. However, if it'll save me a few bucks, I might get the first season set in place of the first two volumes. It shipped with the Yamamoto score back in September (despite the box indicating otherwise), but was recalled soon after. I recently heard that it was back on shelves, but no one has told me whether or not the score is replaced this time. Anyone here know?
To a strong man, the end justifies the means. To a stronger man, the means justify the end.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:44 pm

johnboy1 wrote:Well, my 6 and 7 came today. I managed to get all of them without paying over $60 for any one.

As for other soon-to-be rarities, I'm trying to figure the best way of getting Kai. I want the Yamamoto score as much as possible (up to episode 52 here in the States), so I could just get the first four volumes and be certain of having it. However, if it'll save me a few bucks, I might get the first season set in place of the first two volumes. It shipped with the Yamamoto score back in September (despite the box indicating otherwise), but was recalled soon after. I recently heard that it was back on shelves, but no one has told me whether or not the score is replaced this time. Anyone here know?
If you can find the Walmart two-packs, they're ALL Yamamoto up to Part 4. Not to mention fairly cheap.

email2003
Beyond Newbie

Post by email2003 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:08 pm

Walmart stores still have Kai Parts 4 & 5 for $29.99 and I just found and bought Parts 1 & 2 off ebay for $32 new and sealed. I just bought both of them in one single day.

Now on to Dragon Boxes #5, #6, & #7.

Damnit Amazon, they just increased Dragon Box #6 from $31 to $37. :x

Dragon Box #5 - $31.99
Dragon Box #6 - $37.99
Dragon Box #7 - $31.99

redfoot12

Post by redfoot12 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Price for Volume 7 on Amazon went back down to $31.99... 7 hours after I ordered it at $49.49.
Customer service is going to credit me back $17.50.