FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ManyFaces
Not-So-Newbie

Re: FUNimation's Dragon Boxes have indeed been discontinued

Post by ManyFaces » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Y'all better hurry. Amazon only has one left for Box 5 and six left for Box 4. Rightstuf appears to have a lot left for every volume except two, but they're $45 each.

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:05 pm

I think it safe to say if people want DBOX now you are going to have to pay a lot like you do if you want coola double feature steelbook.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:08 pm

funrush wrote:Shit! The only one I have is the second one! I would've figured they'd last for at least another year!
...I don't see the problem. RightStuf has every box except the second one still in stock, so you can easily get them from there before they vanish off the face of the Earth('s stores).

Anyway, I more or less knew this was the case judging by the rapid disappearance of Box 2 from almost every retailer, so I can't say I'm particularly surprised that it's now been made official. Ah well, at least I managed to get this entire release before it went out of print.

KiddoCabbusses
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KiddoCabbusses » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I totally better get Volume 7, then, and complete my set!

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:16 pm

KiddoCabbusses wrote:I totally better get Volume 7, then, and complete my set!
Yeah and not just because it low numbers but also because it has some of the best Buu episodes.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 pm

Ever sense this Topic was created, it's been fun reading the comments of everyone, it sounds like Godzilla is coming to destroy our Dragon-boxes and people are runing for their lives :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Yeah I must admit it kind of funny reading some of the comments including what I wrote. I watching DBOX Disc 41 now.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Son of a bitch, where does the Buu arc start? 5 or 6?
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

MoltenMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MoltenMan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:29 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Ever sense this Topic was created, it's been fun reading the comments of everyone, it sounds like Godzilla is coming to destroy our Dragon-boxes and people are runing for their lives :lol:
Dragon Ball is serious business. :lol:

My sister and brother-in-law got me the first set for my birthday last year and that's been the only one I had. The second is on its way, and I think I may order the third one today. Next paycheck is going towards a couple more.

Plague-Memories
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Plague-Memories » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:29 pm

B wrote:Son of a bitch, where does the Buu arc start? 5 or 6?
It starts in 6, friend.

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:31 pm

B wrote:Son of a bitch, where does the Buu arc start? 5 or 6?
6 is World Tournament Saga, Babidi Saga, and Majin Buu Saga 7 is Fusion Saga, and Kid Buu Saga hope that helps.

PS 5 is end of Cell games and other world tournament and Great Saiyaman

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:35 pm

MoltenMan wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:Ever sense this Topic was created, it's been fun reading the comments of everyone, it sounds like Godzilla is coming to destroy our Dragon-boxes and people are runing for their lives :lol:
Dragon Ball is serious business. :lol:

My sister and brother-in-law got me the first set for my birthday last year and that's been the only one I had. The second is on its way, and I think I may order the third one today. Next paycheck is going towards a couple more.
I just own the first Dragon-Box :lol: I better hurry and get the rest & my survival Gear :lol:

Hurry people he is coming for your Dragon-boxes :lol:
Coming to a Dragon-box near you
Last edited by samuraix123 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I just own the first Dragon-Box :lol: I better hurry and get my survival Gear :lol:

Hurry people he is coming for your Dragon-boxes :lol:
*Dickish use of a Godzilla picture*
Coming to a Dragon-box near you
It's fine to not be in a hurry.
Some of us actually want them (before they're 200 smacks on ebay), though.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 pm

How was the picture *Dickish* Just joking :(
#1 Paikuhan fan!

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Try this place: http://bit.ly/tCmzyI
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Brodes_Vegetto

Post by Brodes_Vegetto » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Glad I got them all but I really hope my 7th box isnt damaged or has a screwed up disc ect.. when I get home
Brogetto

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Damn, I only have the first 3.

I'm planning on getting 4 and 5 after Christmas, and 6 and 7 after my Birthday (End of Feburary).

Recon they'll still be available then...?

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Paradox295 wrote:Damn, I only have the first 3.

I'm planning on getting 4 and 5 after Christmas, and 6 and 7 after my Birthday (End of Feburary).

Recon they'll still be available then...?
Might be but it will be harder to get I would really suggest getting as soon as possible. I would go after 5 first as it seems the hardest to get after 2.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:33 pm

samuraix123 wrote:How was the picture *Dickish* Just joking :(
I was funny the first time, no harm in poking fun at it. Insisting on it even more a second time...not so much. The picture didn't help. Some of us were in a hurry already and yeah, knowing the chance of not being able to get them made it worse. "Watch out! Godzilla's coming to get yo stuff!" ain't helpful.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to attack you or anything...I'm just kinda on edge hoping to be able to get all 7 in time :(
penguintruth wrote:Try this place: http://bit.ly/tCmzyI
Those prices are NICE!
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:50 pm

haha I was thinking that was overkill but i said screw it lol :lol: I'm sure you will get your Dragon-boxes. :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!