Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: Dragonbox 2 outragous price.....

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Since we don't know what FUNimation's release pattern for the Level line is it is difficult to pin-point when we will see our sure-to-come streamlined release of this Dragon Box line. Run on sentences. With likely two or so years remaining until we see the Level line finish I'm not sure where FUNimation will fit in a hopeful stripped-down release of the Dragon Boxes. I would wager a second Blu-ray line (nine four-disc sets) coming first, to be honest.
FUNimation did announce the Dragon Box the Movies at their Twitter, but I can only await and see when they'll release it finally.

Jacob, is that a female sort of Majin Boo?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I have to ask, but did FUNi actually announce that these were limited releases? As far as memory serves, we only found out these were limited releases because we noticed Volume 2 going out of stock constantly and asked them about this out of fear of it being a limited print run. I can't really consider that an announcement, but more of just an answer to our question that we had to spread around. Hell, I didn't even know these weren't going to replace the season sets until the issues with Volume 2's availability started coming up.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:28 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:FUNimation did announce the Dragon Box the Movies at their Twitter, but I can only await and see when they'll release it finally.
When did that ever happen? Even if it did, shouldn't you know when they were going to release it? Since, you know, that's the whole point of an announcement.

Unless you mean them saying they have the rights to the movies DBox footage as well, which does not count as an announcement.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:44 pm

AgitoZ wrote:When did that ever happen? Even if it did, shouldn't you know when they were going to release it? Since, you know, that's the whole point of an announcement.

Unless you mean them saying they have the rights to the movies DBox footage as well, which does not count as an announcement.
This happened some long time ago, months or even in 2010 that they announced on their Twitter, Krycek7o2 saw it too. But, it was for the Z films only which were licensed, not the DB ones, according to what they said.

Now that all seven Dragon Boxes of DBZ have been released, they have space to bring out another Dragon Box collection. :D
Last edited by dbboxkaifan on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:This happened some long time ago, months or even in 2010 that they announced on their Twitter, Krycek7o2 saw it too. But, it was for the Z films only which were licensed, not the DB ones, according to what they said.
Okay...but, as I said before, that's not an announcement. So...
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Jacob, is that a female sort of Majin Boo?
Not sure, I just took it from the avatar thread.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

Tsukento wrote:I have to ask, but did FUNi actually announce that these were limited releases? As far as memory serves, we only found out these were limited releases because we noticed Volume 2 going out of stock constantly and asked them about this out of fear of it being a limited print run. I can't really consider that an announcement, but more of just an answer to our question that we had to spread around. Hell, I didn't even know these weren't going to replace the season sets until the issues with Volume 2's availability started coming up.
Back in October of 2010, the Funimation director of marketing said that these were going to be a limited release like they have in Japan, in an interview with the Anime News Network podcast.

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:12 am

DanielGClapp wrote:Back in October of 2010, the Funimation director of marketing said that these were going to be a limited release like they have in Japan, in an interview with the Anime News Network podcast.
Well damn. Woulda been nice if they made that clear for those who don't follow that podcast. :(
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
AgitoZ wrote:When did that ever happen? Even if it did, shouldn't you know when they were going to release it? Since, you know, that's the whole point of an announcement.

This happened some long time ago, months or even in 2010 that they announced on their Twitter, Krycek7o2 saw it too. But, it was for the Z films only which were licensed, not the DB ones, according to what they said.

Now that all seven Dragon Boxes of DBZ have been released, they have space to bring out another Dragon Box collection. :D
The infamous tweet from May (I believe) of this year. Which I believe has now been taken down. It came from FUNimation's feed. What the tweet stated was further information on the "Movies" after the Z releases. I'm starting to believe they were referring to the current movies re-releases.

Tsukento wrote:
DanielGClapp wrote:Back in October of 2010, the Funimation director of marketing said that these were going to be a limited release like they have in Japan, in an interview with the Anime News Network podcast.
Well damn. Woulda been nice if they made that clear for those who don't follow that podcast. :(
It was well broadcast here in the forums. This is around the time I stopped fooling around and began buying the sets on release days.
Last edited by Krycek7o2 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

dragonpiece
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonpiece » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 am

Do you guys think I scam someone and sell my second Dragon Box for 200$?
Twitter.com/Dragonpiece

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:24 am

dragonpiece wrote:Do you guys think I scam someone and sell my second Dragon Box for 200$?
I'm going to say that's messed up. But, I'm sure you'll find someone desperate enough. There is a member that paid 180+ for one. Jesus, might as well just buy the original R2 releases if you're paying that much. But, what can I truly say! I've paid hundreds of dollars for far more useless stuff.