Would you buy all Dragon Boxes if FUNimation released them?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Would you buy all Dragon Boxes if FUNimation released them?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:21 pm

To be announced (if they will, might take a few years which, I hope not)
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball GT
  • Dragon Box: The Movies (Inc. Z TV-Specials & OVA)
Completed:
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball Z
I personally have all seven Dragon Box Dragon Ball Z boxes and yes, I'd definitely buy the other Dragon Boxes if FUNimation ends up producing them. :D

DBGT NEP #01 on the Dragon Box Z Volume 7 - Ep. 291 was a nice extra (tho, it's missing the other original extras from the Japanese Z DVD-BOX). Could it mean FUNimation intends on doing Dragon Box GT now or it's simply just a DBGT NEP?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would you buy all Dragon Boxes if FUNimation released th

Post by dballfan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:27 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:To be announced (if they will, might take a few years which, I hope not)
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball GT
  • Dragon Box: The Movies (Inc. Z TV-Specials & OVA)
Completed:
  • Dragon Box: Dragon Ball Z
I personally have all seven Dragon Box Dragon Ball Z boxes and yes, I'd definitely buy the other Dragon Boxes if FUNimation ends up producing them. :D

DBGT NEP #01 on the Dragon Box Z Volume 7 - Ep. 291 was a nice extra (tho, it's missing the other original extras from the Japanese Z DVD-BOX). Could it mean FUNimation intends on doing Dragon Box GT now or it's simply just a DBGT NEP?
Definitely, especially Dragonball Dragon-boxes.

falle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by falle » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Depends if they are gonna release the movies in 4x3 or 16x9.

But gonna get DB for sure.
Yes - nu med Level 1.1 !

dballfan
Beyond Newbie

Post by dballfan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm

I would definately get a Bluray dragonbox - now that would be no question.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:43 pm

The original DB series? Yes.

The movies? Maybe. I only like four or five of them enough to own them. If I could get DBox Movie Singles, that would be awesome.

GT? No dice.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:07 pm

I absolutely would love to have the Dragonball Dragon-box, maybe GT Dragon-box :? The only reason why I haven't bought the Dragonball season set's is because I'm hoping and preying for the Dragonball Dragon-box :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

orangebrick94
Beyond Newbie

Post by orangebrick94 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Ya i would love to buy the movies in Dragonbox form.as for Gt and Dragonball i would get those too because there would be less sets then the z Dragonboxes.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 pm

DragonBall and the Movies? Hell yes. GT? I'm not so sure on. The Green Bricks look good enough in my opinion. Not enough of a difference to warrant a definite sale from me.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:39 pm

I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Owning the whole series on Dragon Box Format? Hell yes! I myself thought the Japanese GT box was the coolest looking out of all of them. Not to mention I actually like GT, so I would definitely buy that, unlike some people.
falle wrote:Depends if they are gonna release the movies in 4x3 or 16x9.

But gonna get DB for sure.
Since Funimation would be using the same masters as the Dragon Boxes from Japan, it would be 16x9.

Are you listening Funimation? There is money to be made here. As you can see from the previous responses, a lot of people are willing to buy them.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Definitely for all of them if they did release them, but I'm mostly hoping for a Dragon Ball release since the singles for GT were the closest thing to a Dragon Box release.

Kibito_Kai

Post by Kibito_Kai » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Yes! 100% sure I'll get them all!

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 pm

I would have to say no. The damage is done since I gotten all green and blue bricks which are hundreds of dollars spent plus Kai and the Dragon Boxes. I don't like double-dipping on items.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 pm

For collection purposes, though I can't say I'd ever watch anything from the GT boxes.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I'd buy the Movies Dragobox and Dragonball Dragonbox.

GT only if it was one set.. GT isn't worth investing a lot of moeny into, IMO. If anything I'd just have it just to own the whole series, but as a Dragonball it's awful.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Only Dragon Box i would skip, is GT, since i already own entire series in singles format
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

atm5508
Beyond Newbie

Post by atm5508 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I'd buy every Dragon Box in a heartbeat.
Last edited by atm5508 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemonRin
Advanced Regular

Post by DemonRin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:20 pm

I'd buy them all.
Tho, I'd only be buying GT mostly to show FUNi (With my Wallet) that DBoxes were a good Idea.
"FUNi should take [DBZ] out behind the woodshed, give it one last treat, then blow its f%#@$ng brains out before it attacks the baby again." ~Rocketman

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Dragon Ball? Yes.

GT? Maybe.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:46 pm

I would have no reason not to buy the other two series in their entirety, were they ever released in a Dragon Box format.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Yes, of course I'd buy them. It would be amazing to have the whole DB series in Dragon Box quality.
I really want to buy the Blue and Green bricks now though, because after watching the entirety of Z in the course of its Dragon Box release, I really want to see the rest of the series... and knowing how cheap the other sets are, I can hardly control myself. I want to see the movies too and would buy the Double Features BluRays, but sadly I have an European PS3, so that wouldn't be any good for me. Though I think I should wait and see how things turn up, maybe we'll see the release of the rest of the series in DBOX form soon enough, who knows. Time will tell.