Does anyone have ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's"?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Does anyone have ドクタースランプDVD-BOX "SLUMP THE BOX 90's"?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:08 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Off-topic, but is there any site with a lot Dr. Slump information? Something like a wiki? Any language, I'll Google-translate -it.
Dr. Slump Wiki

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Off-topic, but is there any site with a lot Dr. Slump information? Something like a wiki? Any language, I'll Google-translate -it.
Dr. Slump Wiki
Well, this is veeeeery limited, unfortunately. Is there a Japanese wiki though?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:50 pm

thedarkuniter wrote:Well, I'm translating the first 12 episodes of Dr. Slump and Arale-chan via fansubs. Just PM me.
For those that want to watch Dr. Slump and Arale-chan subtitled in English, as of now there's still no officially legally English release, you're their best choice, and as I've seen your subs they're quite accurate (Manga terms included by DarkUniter).

If only the new Spanish sets that come with the Castellano dub (+ Catalán / Japanese Audio / Spanish subs) weren't so damn pricey for only 12 episodes I'd be happy to purchase them. :?

Arale-chan also makes an appearance (+ playable) on Budokai Tenkaichi 3 / Sparking Meteor (for PS2 and Wii). ^_^
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey guys, I took that English audio and synced it with much better video quality and uploaded it to Youtube. I kept it unlisted though. It was hard to do since there were so many edits made throughout the episode. Keep in mind that I added the Japanese opening to the beginning. I was going to add the Japanese ending, but it already had one that was an instrumental version of it (I assumed it was the American broadcast music). Also, since youtube only lets me upload up to 15 minutes, I split it in half. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Part One.
Part Two.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:29 pm

DanielGClapp wrote:Hey guys, I took that English audio and synced it with much better video quality and uploaded it to Youtube. I kept it unlisted though. It was hard to do since there were so many edits made throughout the episode. Keep in mind that I added the Japanese opening to the beginning. I was going to add the Japanese ending, but it already had one that was an instrumental version of it (I assumed it was the American broadcast music). Also, since youtube only lets me upload up to 15 minutes, I split it in half. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Part One.
Part Two.
It's all official original music, Dr. Slump and Arale-chan's BGM was also composed by Shunsuke Kikuchi. ^_^

Thanks for the fix!
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:It's all official original music, Dr. Slump and Arale-chan's BGM was also composed by Shunsuke Kikuchi. ^_^

Thanks for the fix!
Yeah, no problem! What I meant to say was that is was instrumental. I know it's the same song, just this one didn't have words. I didn't know Kikuchi wrote it, that's very interesting! It does sound a lot like the music in Dragon Ball.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Daniel, I've sent you a PM.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Daniel, I've sent you a PM.
PM replied!

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:00 am

DanielGClapp wrote:Hey guys, I took that English audio and synced it with much better video quality and uploaded it to Youtube. I kept it unlisted though. It was hard to do since there were so many edits made throughout the episode. Keep in mind that I added the Japanese opening to the beginning. I was going to add the Japanese ending, but it already had one that was an instrumental version of it (I assumed it was the American broadcast music). Also, since youtube only lets me upload up to 15 minutes, I split it in half. Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Part One.
Part Two.
Thanks so much for the upload! Those voices are so fitting for the characters, it makes me want Dr. Slump to be finally dubbed even more so.
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Once Daniel gets to it, since I've passed Dr. Slump 001 subbed in English (soft-subs by DarkUniter) the parts that were cut off may be included as subtitled.

Am I allowed to post here the links to Dr. Slump episode 001 subtitled in English? (It was released in Japan but never officially in English, unless you count Harmony's version).

Dan, if you do the extra step to upload 15+mins which is basically you entering your mobile phone number and then receiving the code, you won't need to split to two parts any more.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:05 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Dan, if you do the extra step to upload 15+mins which is basically you entering your mobile phone number and then receiving the code, you won't need to split to two parts any more.
Wait, on youtube? How do I do that?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:10 pm

YouTube > Upload > Upload HD videos in various formats up to 15 minutes. Increase your limit > https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload_verify

It's pretty easy, I wish I would've noticed this earlier so I would've just uploaded full 20min videos.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:13 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:YouTube > Upload > Upload HD videos in various formats up to 15 minutes. Increase your limit > https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload_verify

It's pretty easy, I wish I would've noticed this earlier so I would've just uploaded full 20min videos.
Aww, dangit I don't have a phone right now. :(

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Well, if you guys want to further discuss more Dr. Slump, check out my new forum: http://penguinvillageparadi.proboards.com/index.cgi
Right now, its in rough and early stage but it's better than nothing. :)
Last edited by thedarkuniter on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanielGClapp
Regular

Post by DanielGClapp » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 am

thedarkuniter wrote:Well, if you guys want to further discuss more Dr. Slump, check out my new forum: http://penguinvillageparadi.proboards.com/index.cgi
Right now, its in rough and early stage but its better than nothing. :)
Hey, Tyler! If you don't mind could I link that in my sig? Thanks!

Edit: 500'th post! WOOHOO!!! :mrgreen:

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:25 am

DanielGClapp wrote:
thedarkuniter wrote:Well, if you guys want to further discuss more Dr. Slump, check out my new forum: http://penguinvillageparadi.proboards.com/index.cgi
Right now, its in rough and early stage but its better than nothing. :)
Hey, Tyler! If you don't mind could I link that in my sig? Thanks!

Edit: 500'th post! WOOHOO!!! :mrgreen:
Sure, why not. :)

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
thedarkuniter wrote:Well, I'm translating the first 12 episodes of Dr. Slump and Arale-chan via fansubs. Just PM me.
For those that want to watch Dr. Slump and Arale-chan subtitled in English, as of now there's still no officially legally English release, you're their best choice, and as I've seen your subs they're quite accurate (Manga terms included by DarkUniter).
Not to be mean, but they're actually really bad, and shouldn't be watched by anyone.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 am

Adamant wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
Not to be mean, but they're actually really bad, and shouldn't be watched by anyone.
I just got down watching the 90s, they seemed alright. How are they?

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:55 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote: I just got down watching the 90s, they seemed alright. How are they?
There's less completely wrong "translations" in them (I don't believe for a second either of these were translated from the actual Japanese), but they're not good in any sense of the word.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:59 am

Adamant wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote: I just got down watching the 90s, they seemed alright. How are they?
There's less completely wrong "translations" in them (I don't believe for a second either of these were translated from the actual Japanese), but they're not good in any sense of the word.
Well, I didn't translate the '90's series, however, I did translate the 80's series from Spanish subtitles which are dubtitles from the Castellano dub. The dub is pretty accurate, however, for the ending, since nobody translated the ending, I went with the Spanish subs.