Cyber Monday. 'Nuff said.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Cyber Monday. 'Nuff said.

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 pm

KiddoCabbusses wrote:Tempted to get DBall TOS Seasons 1-4 but I somehow want them to drop even -lower.- Lower lower lower lower...
They won't get any lower any time soon. They're cheap as shit regardless.

thedarkuniter
Beyond Newbie

Post by thedarkuniter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:56 pm

It's too bad I already have everything but the Orange Bricks otherwise I should of waited for the discounted prices on the blue bricks. :P
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TP2O

Levlik
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Levlik » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Wow, this couldn't have worked out better! Didn't expect 5 and 6 to be on sale. I just got 1, 3, and 4 a week ago. Now all I need to do is get 7 and...ugh, 2.

Zionist
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zionist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks for this :p Gt is finally mine :twisted:...for such a low price too :D
Rocketman wrote:Who gives a shit about a Broly fan's feelings.
Zoms wrote:That moment when you relate your ship to glass tubes...

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

Giving this thread a bump because, despite Cyber Monday being over and done with, these heavy discounts are still in effect. o_O

I don't know for how long, hence the bump. Something of a "last chance" deal.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Got the last 3 Dragon Boxes! :D

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Awesome! I just convinced my mother to get all of Dragonball and GT for me for Christmas. Now I just have to act surprised when I open them up on Christmas day :D.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Alchemist Ed
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alchemist Ed » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 pm

I was able to grab boxes 5 and 6, the last two I needed. This deal came at the perfect time, and the last two I needed were the only two with deals on them. It looks like there are only about 20 of each left in stock, so if you guys want 'em, go for 'em!

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 am

I heard some guy bragging about grabbing the 7th orange brick today on sale... >_>
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:Giving this thread a bump because, despite Cyber Monday being over and done with, these heavy discounts are still in effect. o_O

I don't know for how long, hence the bump. Something of a "last chance" deal.

~Da Lemmy
Amazon has a "Cyber Monday Week," so I suspect these prices will end tonight/tomorrow night.

I went ahead and grabbed the Blue/Green bricks, just to have both shows legitimately subtitled (and the dubs for laughter's sake). Plus, for those prices...who can complain. I mean, jeez, that's 217 episodes and a special for what about 15 episodes cost you (at Best Buy sale prices) 10 years ago.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Dragon Ball Z Season 8 has gotten low in stock, price has increased to $27.19.

All the rest of these appear to still be on sale. Cyber Month now?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Craddle wrote:Dragon Ball Z Season 8 has gotten low in stock, price has increased to $27.19.

All the rest of these appear to still be on sale. Cyber Month now?
Or just the regular prices now?

Spoofer

DB Seasons 1-5 $54.99 total @ RightStuf until 12/12

Post by Spoofer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Since I didn't see this mentioned already and you guys loved the Amazon Cyber Monday sale...

Just in case anyone still hasn't picked up the original Dragon Ball before/during that sale (I did, plus got hit with tax ;_;), you can now save an additional $10 by buying the bundle from RightStuf.com. The whole series for $54.99, and comes with free shipping for anyone in the U.S. Unfortunately I don't think the sets are eligible for commissions, but you can always mention DaizEX on the checkout page.

Tons of other ridiculous holiday deals as well, as always. The sale ends 12/12 @ 11:59 PM CT. I can't imagine the show will ever get cheaper than this (though we said that for Cyber Monday as well, lol).

Craddle
Regular

Re: DB Seasons 1-5 $54.99 total @ RightStuf until 12/12

Post by Craddle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Spoofer wrote:Since I didn't see this mentioned already and you guys loved the Amazon Cyber Monday sale...

Just in case anyone still hasn't picked up the original Dragon Ball before/during that sale (I did, plus got hit with tax ;_;), you can now save an additional $10 by buying the bundle from RightStuf.com. The whole series for $54.99, and comes with free shipping for anyone in the U.S. Unfortunately I don't think the sets are eligible for commissions, but you can always mention DaizEX on the checkout page.

Tons of other ridiculous holiday deals as well, as always. The sale ends 12/12 @ 11:59 PM CT. I can't imagine the show will ever get cheaper than this (though we said that for Cyber Monday as well, lol).
I suspect an underlying cause as to why FUNi is pushing these so hard recently. Good deal though. For anyone that wants them.

Spoofer

Post by Spoofer » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Hopefully. They did the same thing with the DBoxes right before announcing the BDs.

funrush

Post by funrush » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:21 pm

Perfect wrote:I heard some guy bragging about grabbing the 7th orange brick today on sale... >_>
To be fair, that is a few episodes for a buck. It's a pretty good deal.

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:01 pm

funrush wrote:
Perfect wrote:I heard some guy bragging about grabbing the 7th orange brick today on sale... >_>
Yeah- no. I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for them.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Perfect wrote:
funrush wrote:
Yeah- no. I wouldn't pay more than a dollar for them.
On principle, of course.

But you can't let a point used as a plus for the Dragon Boxes suddenly not count just because the episodes are DVNR'd widescreen.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Perfect

Post by Perfect » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote: On principle, of course.

But you can't let a point used as a plus for the Dragon Boxes suddenly not count just because the episodes are DVNR'd widescreen.
Uh, or it could be the fact, you not only lose 25% of the picture, but you know, losing outlines to characters, terrible audio, incredibly over-saturated picture, etc. You know, stuff like that. It might as well be someone buying a terrible home remastering from some kid's house.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:40 am

Perfect wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote: On principle, of course.

Uh, or it could be the fact, you not only lose 25% of the picture, but you know, losing outlines to characters, terrible audio, incredibly over-saturated picture, etc. You know, stuff like that. It might as well be someone buying a terrible home remastering from some kid's house.
I'd rather buy the "Kids House" version. It can't be worse then the orange bricks. :?