Is Selling my action figure collection worth it? Pic inside.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

masterz13
Not-So-Newbie

Is Selling my action figure collection worth it? Pic inside.

Post by masterz13 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:41 am

*Updated with Picture*

I would use my allowances growing up on DBZ action figures at Walmart, so I have a ton of them. Most of them are the ones that are apparently worth a lot (Irwin brand?), ranging from Androids-Buu Sagas. Also have the large Broly figure from the movie. I was looking at eBay and saw a lot of 24 at $100+ dollars with over a day left. I love my collection, but I'm a sophomore in college who could use money for software and a Mac for my music major. Any advice?

Last edited by masterz13 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Is selling my action figure collection worth it?

Post by Gonstead » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am

I highly suggest you visit this website - http://dragonballtoys.proboards.com/

They are the best when it comes to dealing with how much Dragon Ball related merchandise can go for and can give you an accurate quote for how much a figure or an entire collection may be worth depending on the figures.

Sign up and post some pics of your collection, they'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 am

Gonstead wrote:I highly suggest you visit this website - http://dragonballtoys.proboards.com/

They are the best when it comes to dealing with how much Dragon Ball related merchandise can go for and can give you an accurate quote for how much a figure or an entire collection may be worth depending on the figures.

Sign up and post some pics of your collection, they'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
The prices listed there are extremely low. (For example, I've seen Irwin Perfect Cell w/JR go for 2x the listed price on eBay.) The OP even said they posted those prices to try to influence the toy market to a more reasonable price.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:13 am

Keep em. Once you grow older, your passion my re spark and by the time it does, all the old toys you had, are going to be even harder to find. Id spend a little cash to find some containers and safely store them til your done with college. Just my 2 cents :D
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

MetalMadness
Beyond Newbie

Post by MetalMadness » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Sell 'em, it's most likely 5 years from now you'll ask why you still even have them..

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Trading Dragon Ball Z figures for a Mac? Worst deal, ever.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am

No no, do what I do.
Sell half and keep your favourites :D
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

SylentEcho
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SylentEcho » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Don't sell them! No way. You'll miss them one day and buy them again. I guarantee it.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Post a picture of your collection, I'd definitely like to see it.
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

masterz13
Not-So-Newbie

Post by masterz13 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Picture is up. Sorry for the bad quality. I know it's not a huge collection, but all of them but the bottom Krillin/SSJ Goku/Silver Piccolo are the Irwin brand that people want, I think.

redlinks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by redlinks » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:16 pm

SylentEcho wrote:Don't sell them! No way. You'll miss them one day and buy them again. I guarantee it.
Haha, this has happened to me with video games and movies. I regret getting rid of all the games and movies we used to own. Now I have to go back and rebuy all my favorites again (not to mention remembering all of them). >^<

But anyway, I say keep your favorites and sell the ones that you don't really care for.
- Been a Dragon Ball fan ever since 1995 (at the time, I was 7 years old).
- I prefer Saffron Henderson's Kid Gohan and Kid Goku over Stephanie Nadolny's.
- I still hope for a redub of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z with FUNimation's current cast.
- I prefer to watch Dragon Ball Z with the Faulconer Score, however I do not mind the original Japanese score.

masterz13
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Is Selling my action figure collection worth it? Pic ins

Post by masterz13 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:31 pm

The toys site you guys told me about claims I'd only get $5 each or about $80 for the lot though. Definitely not going to sell if that's all I'd get. I'd want around $200 before considering selling.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:48 pm

For a lot like this, $200 is waaaay overpriced if you try and sell it for that amount.

I would be willing to buy that Broly if my Paypal was working.

masterz13
Not-So-Newbie

Post by masterz13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:39 am

I realize that now. :P If you get your Paypal working, let me know.

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Boy, does this post bring back good memories. I used to create my own stories with some of these figures when I was little. For some reason, they always involved Cell or Freeza or the other bad guys of the series coming back to life because I didn't have anything else to threaten the Z Senshi with... haha.
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:42 am

Yours are in better condition than mine!
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:19 am

I have that Broly figure :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!