Dragonball Errors

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gonstead
I Live Here

Re: Dragonball Errors

Post by Gonstead » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Gonstead wrote:I don't know the original dialogue, but in the English dub when Ginyu says "Run for your lives!", the minions run towards the direction of Ginyu and not the other way.

I guess that could count as an error.
I think he means animation errors.
In a technical way, it could count.

It may not have any on screen errors like discoloration or whatever but it still doesn't match up with what the scene is about.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 pm

During the SSJ3 transformation scene, at one point, in one frame, Goku's mouth flies into the sky and then back to his face.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:59 am

When Goku finally beats Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai ( ep #148) we have a shot of Kuririn jumping for joy... with no shoes on

http://imageshack.us/f/213/vlcsnap2011122415h21m39.png/

Next frame, they are back on again.
[url]
http://imageshack.us/f/265/vlcsnap2011122415h21m47.png/
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:12 am

Attitudefan wrote:During the SSJ3 transformation scene, at one point, in one frame, Goku's mouth flies into the sky and then back to his face.
:lol: I like to see that frame.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:14 am

Codarik wrote:
Attitudefan wrote:During the SSJ3 transformation scene, at one point, in one frame, Goku's mouth flies into the sky and then back to his face.
Same here. Sounds like one of those "Blink and you'll miss it" moments.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:16 am

Scarz wrote:
Codarik wrote:
Same here. Sounds like one of those "Blink and you'll miss it" moments.
It's funny, because someone on Youtube pointed it out :O And yes, you'll miss it if you're not careful!

EDIT: Here you go!
Not exactly in the sky... sorry it was from memory :oops:
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 am

The animators forgot something...

Now you have to know some background for this one. Daimao digs up the five Dragon Balls in the ground, and walks away with seven.

And then coughs up two more?
Because 5=7, and 7+2=7

Kibito's shirt is missing...

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 am

Zestanor wrote: *snip*
Kibito's shirt is missing...
Yeah, among my most intense pet peeves with errors is when this sort of thing happens. Occurs much too often, if you ask me :/
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:47 am

Goku's clothes are miscoloured in the commercial of Famicom Jump II. This is not from episodes nor movies, though.

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Armymanis » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:00 pm

This is definatly an interesting thread. I don't really like the errors that are being shown to me as I thought the episodes were perfect, but even with some mistakes, they are still fun to watch.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Armymanis wrote:This is definatly an interesting thread. I don't really like the errors that are being shown to me as I thought the episodes were perfect, but even with some mistakes, they are still fun to watch.
Nothing is ever perfect.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Armymanis wrote:This is definatly an interesting thread. I don't really like the errors that are being shown to me as I thought the episodes were perfect, but even with some mistakes, they are still fun to watch.
Nothing is ever perfect.
Cough. Anyway, I'm sure there's at least error per episode.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Perfect wrote:
Gonstead wrote:
Nothing is ever perfect.
Cough. Anyway, I'm sure there's at least error per episode.
Except Perfect of course!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:03 am

The inside of frieza's scouter changes from red to white(These shots are taken from the Dragon-Box)
Episode 78
Vegeta's shoes are brown
Episode 78
Last edited by samuraix123 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:16 am

samuraix123 wrote:The inside of Freeza's scouter changes from red to white
Episode 78
Wasn't that scene where the scouter wasn't there in some scenes?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:26 pm

It's times like these where I can appreciate Kai for either cutting out some errors or redraw the error to correct it. Everytime someone point out an error it gets implanted into my mind and then I notice it each time I watch that moment. They don't really bother me since every animated series has animation errors but this series has a ton of them.

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Codarik wrote:It's times like these where I can appreciate Kai for either cutting out some errors or redraw the error to correct it. Everytime someone point out an error it gets implanted into my mind and then I notice it each time I watch that moment. They don't really bother me since every animated series has animation errors but this series has a ton of them.
Not really, Ninja Turtles is a shorter series and has a looooooooot more. Hell, they range from using the wrong voice actor on the wrong turtle to their heads disappearing!
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:31 pm

Wasn't that scene where the scouter wasn't there in some scenes?
Yes sir!
It's times like these where I can appreciate Kai for either cutting out some errors or redraw the error to correct it.
Actually a-lot of the error's still exist in KAI. especially when Krillin's clothes change :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Android 17's coat changes from Black to Blue(also these clips are from the season sets. as I do not have Dragon-box 7)
Episode 285
Goku goes Super Saiyan then back to normal
Episode 286(After Dende ask's the Dragon to restore Goku's health, Goku goes Super Saiyan)
Image(not an error)
Then we get a shot of dende, supreme kai and the elder kai looking at Goku through the crystal ball.
Image(again not an error)
But when we go to hell, we see that their crystal ball show's Goku normal
Image(they must have bad reception lol)
Last edited by samuraix123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Paikuhan fan!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Goku's halo disappears
Episode 250
Here we have shot of Goku sitting on the rock. and you can see his halo
Image(not an error)
Then the halo disappears
Then 3 seconds later on the same screen with no cut-away the halo returns
Last edited by samuraix123 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
#1 Paikuhan fan!