For those who do not have the Dragonball Z Dragonbox's....

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Armymanis
Not-So-Newbie

For those who do not have the Dragonball Z Dragonbox's....

Post by Armymanis » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 am

You might want to pick them up as soon as possible on amazon.com. I just recently got the last Dragonbox 2 2-3 months ago for $59.00 and just picked up the rest of the Dragonbox's. I paid $89.99 for Dragonball Z Dragonbox 4, but it will be worth it. I am just saying people should snatch these up. Not only are they going to become harder to find, the lowest price for some of them is $300. I believe that is an insane price for one DVD box set, but thats just me. Just a little tip. Oh I checked rightstuf.com, before I went on and bought dragonbox 4 for 89.99 and it was all sold out.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: For those who do not have the Dragonball Z Dragonbox's..

Post by Cipher » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:29 am

I finally have Dragon Boxes 6 and 7 arriving for Christmas, completing my set.

Still, unless you're really into the Japanese title cards and next-episode previews, or really dig the collectible aspect, I can't imagine shelling out all the cash now required for these when the Blu-Rays have started up. If I weren't already well invested in my Dragon Box collection, I'd have gone the Blu-Ray route myself. And in the inevitable future when certain Dragon Box discs wear out (I'm careful, but it happens) and they're impossible to find on the secondhand market, it's nice to know the Blu-Rays will be there to fill holes.

TheLegendary117
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegendary117 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:32 am

I agree, they are crazy hard to find. Look everywhere that may sell them!!! I was at my local Sun Coast last weekend, FYE to others, and they had all of the Dragonboxes expect for 7. You still have a chance but you must act now!!!
Gamertag: TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/TheLegendary117
Facebook.com/The70MGame

Part Spartan, Part Saiyan

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 am

Besides the second set, you should still be able to find the other ones for a fair price. The fifth and sixth boxes are ridiculously cheap on Amazon at the moment. So much so that I've doubled up on those sets.

I'd recommend that people check eBay for the first and fourth sets... since you can still find them for around $40-50 (if you're patient). Though I'm not sure how long you can rely on those deals coming up.

Box 4 for $40 + Shipping
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:59 am

It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin