Entire DRAGON BOX Z SET FOR SALE

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Entire DRAGON BOX Z SET FOR SALE

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Raithos wrote:It's not "messed up" or "wrong" people need to stop being butthurt and get over that. These boxes are out of print and getting harder to find. That's a hard cold fact. If you want 'em, buy them now before you're paying 200$ per box, not just box 2. What did you think was gonna happen? The market value would decline?
Says the guy selling 3 Dragon Boxes for $380.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 pm

All but Box 3 is sold I'm willing for offers on Box 3...
XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

The knowledge was out there for quite a bit of time that these sets were limited and in the case of Box 2... it was available at MSRP or lower for over 20 months before spiking up in price. Sorry if you missed that boat.

There's no need to get sore or vilify sellers selling it at the prices that some buyers are willing to pay (Either because they feel it's worth that or impatience). That's supply and demand at work. If you got a problem, blame the buyers that are willing to pay that price as well. If I were to sell my Dragon Boxes now (which, of course I'm won't), I'd be going for the same prices sellers have been getting for there's. Oh and if I walked into a store and saw a Dragon Box 2 for sell, I certainly wouldn't leave an easy hundred dollars lying there. That'd be flat out stupid.

The only problem I have, is when people use questionable methods to obtain things...
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Chibi Gohan wrote:The knowledge was out there for quite a bit of time that these sets were limited and in the case of Box 2... it was available at MSRP or lower for over 20 months before spiking up in price. Sorry if you missed that boat.

There's no need to get sore or vilify sellers selling it at the prices that some buyers are willing to pay (Either because they feel it's worth that or impatience). That's supply and demand at work. If you got a problem, blame the buyers that are willing to pay that price as well. If I were to sell my Dragon Boxes now (which, of course I'm won't), I'd be going for the same prices sellers have been getting for there's. Oh and if I walked into a store and saw a Dragon Box 2 for sell, I certainly wouldn't leave an easy hundred dollars lying there. That'd be flat out stupid.

The only problem I have, is when people use questionable methods to obtain things...
Exactly!
nathantheguitarist wrote:
Raithos wrote:It's not "messed up" or "wrong" people need to stop being butthurt and get over that. These boxes are out of print and getting harder to find. That's a hard cold fact. If you want 'em, buy them now before you're paying 200$ per box, not just box 2. What did you think was gonna happen? The market value would decline?
Says the guy selling 3 Dragon Boxes for $380.
"Says the guy?" Cute.
- I have access to the boxes and I can sell them, they're hard to find almost everywhere now. If you had the boxes and needed money, you'd sell them for 50$ a pop? No! ESPECIALLY when everywhere else you turn they're charging 3x that! You can bring up 3 d box 2 listings right now on Ebay, that are at $150+ and bidding hasn't even ended yet.

- A guy ON THIS FORUM just sold D box 2 for 180 something dollars on Ebay and documented the process on this site. I'm skipping the bidding, doing a service and making the box available here before I decide to stick it on Ebay.
You're lucky I'm even bothering to drive around to all the best buys in my region looking for the boxes in the first place.
And I'm taking offers on 4, the price there isn't set in stone- same with 2. I can work something out to an extent. But those are the prices people need to start lobbying and thinking about.

- You're not going to see D box 2 at 50$ for a LONG time, and if you think complaining about it is going to make me change my mind or that you'll magically find cheaper listings elsewhere, I can't say that will be possible for an item that's out of print now.

- Even at the few best buys I've been to so far I asked them about more supply in the warehouse or in the back room, and I talked with an employee there (who even commented on how rare the boxes are becoming) and we looked through best buys stock for 10 minutes. He told me everything that's on the shelf is IT. So these are pretty much the last copies of these boxes in existence, that I am going out and willing to put up on here for sale BEFORE I put them on Ebay where they are guaranteed to sell. If you want them, here's your chance, shoot me a PM and we shall see what you're willing to pay versus my asking price.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

Chibi Gohan wrote:The knowledge was out there for quite a bit of time that these sets were limited and in the case of Box 2... it was available at MSRP or lower for over 20 months before spiking up in price.
I remember the first thread over these going limited. Box 2 spiked in price for a bit, and then after a while, people settled down, and it came back in stock and seemed normal for a while. Then someone got an email from Funi, made this thread saying what most of us already knew, and now all of this ridiculous. It's the fans doing it to themselves. They're rare, sure, but they shouldn't be sold like they're as rare as the original Japanese boxes.
Chibi Gohan wrote:There's no need to get sore or vilify sellers selling it at the prices that some buyers are willing to pay (Either because they feel it's worth that or impatience). That's supply and demand at work. If you got a problem, blame the buyers that are willing to pay that price as well.
Oh I do. Anyone who pays $200ish for one of these is insane.
Raithos wrote:- A guy ON THIS FORUM just sold D box 2 for 180 something dollars on Ebay and documented the process on this site. I'm skipping the bidding, doing a service and making the box available here before I decide to stick it on Ebay.
You're lucky I'm even bothering to drive around to all the best buys in my region looking for the boxes in the first place.
Someone else on this forum also sold Box 2 for $40, just to have someone complete their collection for cheap. And... no, we're not lucky you're driving around looking for them. You're out hunting them all down to sell them higher than they are in the store. That's called creating a monopoly.
Raithos wrote:- You're not going to see D box 2 at 50$ for a LONG time, and if you think complaining about it is going to make me change my mind or that you'll magically find cheaper listings elsewhere, I can't say that will be possible for an item that's out of print now.
Not complaining. I'm pointing out how stupid people are over this.
Raithos wrote:"Says the guy?" Cute.
So these are pretty much the last copies of these boxes in existence, that I am going out and willing to put up on here for sale BEFORE I put them on Ebay where they are guaranteed to sell. If you want them, here's your chance, shoot me a PM and we shall see what you're willing to pay versus my asking price.
What was cute is you trying to sell me these at the end of your post. :| That seriously makes me take basically nothing you said seriously.

Sorry for derailing this away from someone trying to sell their DVDs, but you know... sometimes things should be said.
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:55 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:
Chibi Gohan wrote:The knowledge was out there for quite a bit of time that these sets were limited and in the case of Box 2... it was available at MSRP or lower for over 20 months before spiking up in price.
I remember the first thread over these going limited. Box 2 spiked in price for a bit, and then after a while, people settled down, and it came back in stock and seemed normal for a while. Then someone got an email from Funi, made this thread saying what most of us already knew, and now all of this ridiculous. It's the fans doing it to themselves. They're rare, sure, but they shouldn't be sold like they're as rare as the original Japanese boxes.
Chibi Gohan wrote:There's no need to get sore or vilify sellers selling it at the prices that some buyers are willing to pay (Either because they feel it's worth that or impatience). That's supply and demand at work. If you got a problem, blame the buyers that are willing to pay that price as well.
Oh I do. Anyone who pays $200ish for one of these is insane.
Raithos wrote:- A guy ON THIS FORUM just sold D box 2 for 180 something dollars on Ebay and documented the process on this site. I'm skipping the bidding, doing a service and making the box available here before I decide to stick it on Ebay.
Someone else on this forum also sold Box 2 for $40, just to have someone complete their collection for cheap. And... no, we're not lucky you're driving around looking for them. You're out hunting them all down to sell them higher than they are in the store. That's called creating a monopoly.
Raithos wrote:- You're not going to see D box 2 at 50$ for a LONG time, and if you think complaining about it is going to make me change my mind or that you'll magically find cheaper listings elsewhere, I can't say that will be possible for an item that's out of print now.
Not complaining. I'm pointing out how stupid people are over this.
Raithos wrote:"Says the guy?" Cute.
So these are pretty much the last copies of these boxes in existence, that I am going out and willing to put up on here for sale BEFORE I put them on Ebay where they are guaranteed to sell. If you want them, here's your chance, shoot me a PM and we shall see what you're willing to pay versus my asking price.
What was cute is you trying to sell me these at the end of your post. :| That seriously makes me take basically nothing you said seriously.

Sorry for derailing this away from someone trying to sell their DVDs, but you know... sometimes things should be said.
Basically trying to what? I'm explaining what I'm selling them for and I have every right to do that. (More than just you will read the post anyway) I'm not "basically trying" to do jack. If I wanted to sell you these I'd directly PM you about it, nice try though.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Regardless of who may be right or wrong, the animosity and snarky attitudes that I see building in this thread are completely unnecessary and reflect poorly on the forum as a whole.

C'mon, guys. We're SO better than that.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

OutlawTorn
Regular

Post by OutlawTorn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Raithos wrote:My words were aimed more in a general sense to those complaining about the prices. It's not like it's going to get cheaper from here.
Actually, that's not necessarily accurate. At this point in time, yes the price will inflate but at some point in the future FUNimation could produce cheaper value sets with the exact same content and unless people just want to packaging and the books, the cheaper releases would sate the demand and diminish the appeal of the deluxe Dragon Boxes.

For example, with Fullmetal Alchemist, the thirteen singles were compiled into four box sets which included the exact same discs and inserts. The only thing you would be missing from those releases over the original was the packaging, which I don't think is worth paying an MSRP of $29.98 for each disc (roughly $389.74 for the whole set) as opposed to an MSRP of $49.98 for four box sets (or, roughly $199.92 or nearly half the price). The out of print singles have actually significantly decreased in price and most can be found for less than $10.

It's people actually paying the inflated prices which supports the whole idea of charging out the ass for harder to find material. If everybody refused to pay those prices, there wouldn't be any incentive for sellers to try charging that much.