Fan Manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:11 am

Dayspring wrote: Alien: ... Even if they don't have their tails anymore, the gene which renders them incapacitated is still active!
Just altered a little spelling mistake ;)
Who said life isn't a game?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:30 pm

Gamingdevil wrote:
Dayspring wrote: Alien: ... Even if they don't have their tails anymore, the gene which renders them incapacitated is still active!
Just altered a little spelling mistake ;)
Thanks. Because we all know the absence of that letter completely alters the translation. :roll:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:38 am

Thank you for these translation Gamingdevil and Dayspring. I am blocked for page 13, on the text of Vegeta.
"insolents" isn't it translated "insolents" into English?

p 13
Goku: What the...?!
Vegeta: How rude*! How dare you fight me, I am your prince! Get lost if you want to stay alive!
Alien: It's useless, you're only wasting your breath, they don't understand a word of what you're saying.
Vegeta: In that case, too bad for them.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:13 am

Yeah, that's probably it, I didn't think of that ;)

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:00 am

Holken wrote:Thank you for these translation Gamingdevil and Dayspring. I am blocked for page 13, on the text of Vegeta.
"insolents" isn't it translated "insolents" into English?

p 13
Goku: What the...?!
Vegeta: How rude*! How dare you fight me, I am your prince! Get lost if you want to stay alive!
Alien: It's useless, you're only wasting your breath, they don't understand a word of what you're saying.
Vegeta: In that case, too bad for them.
In English, it sounds weird to use an adjective as a noun in most situations. It would be better as "Insolent fools!" or something similar.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:11 am

Ok, but I already added the pages. :?

there are 20 pages now :)

http://dbzwarrior.supafan.net/BD/3/Page15849b%5f/13

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:48 am

Nice stuff Holken, I'm still waiting to read more translated pages, it is good so far, your drawing style isn't quite Toriyama's but I can see you have put a great deal of work in here, and it shows, the fight scenes are easy to follow and I can tell what happens in all the panels, it's getting me in the mood to draw mine.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Holken wrote:Ok, but I already added the pages. :?

there are 20 pages now :)

http://dbzwarrior.supafan.net/BD/3/Page15849b%5f/13
I wish I hadn't stopped at p. 20. P.21 is the same in English; just change Piccolo's "A nous" to "Let's go." Everything else is sound effects. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:22 pm

Hey, Holken, I just want to complement you on how nice this comic is. Seriously good work.
I'd also like to thank the people who made the translation possible, because without them, I would have almost no idea what the hell the story was about.

I am really liking where this story is going, and I think it really hit a plateau with that gene vulnerability; you've really got a vivid imagination there, that is throwing punches at every turn. I am definitely interested in reading the story through to completion.

Keep up the great work.

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:18 am

I also would like to congratulate Holken on such a great manga. You really have some ingenious ideas such as the tail gene weakness as well as the whole thing about the Saiyans being created by other aliens. If you think about it the Saiyan race has always been a bit of a mystery. If I recall correctly the early, primitive Saiyans arrived on planet plant in a mysterious spaceship. Also how is it possible that the Saiyans could be so powerful, even more powerful than the mightiest Gods? For starters why would the Kais create such a race and wouldn't the Supreme Kai at least know about their full potential and power. Having the Saiyans created by another alien race makes far more sense in my opinion.

Keep up the good work! :D

ChaotixXero
Beyond Newbie

Post by ChaotixXero » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:49 am

Your series is great Bejita. Sorry I haven't haad a chance to read yours yet Holken :( .

Also...I think that you shouldn't include SSJ4(incase you were gonna change your mind). Instead of that being the "Legendary Super Saiyan" make it a fusion of SSJ3 Goku and SSJ3 Vegeta....

Keep it up guys.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:20 am

At lost in thought and Mike: I really like Holken's manga too, but keep in mind that he is just drawing another persons fan-fiction. Credit where credit is due. ;)

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:47 am

yes Gamingdevil, Sharku (the author of the fan-fiction) had very good ideas, it is what gave me desire for illustrating it. For the history it is him whom it is necessary to congratulate. :wink:

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:15 am

Gamingdevil wrote:At lost in thought and Mike: I really like Holken's manga too, but keep in mind that he is just drawing another persons fan-fiction. Credit where credit is due.
Holken wrote:yes Gamingdevil, Sharku (the author of the fan-fiction) had very good ideas, it is what gave me desire for illustrating it. For the history it is him whom it is necessary to congratulate.
I did not know that the story wasn't Holkens... well, his art is excellent, and 'makes' each scene, and the dialogue work like a well oiled machine.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:32 pm

I completely agree with you on that one, I just wanted to point that out to you as you seemingly didn't know that Holken didn't actually right it. They both deserve the same amount of credit and honour.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:08 pm

Being an artist I can understand how difficult it can be to draw manga, despite the fact that the story isn't Holkens, he still deserves credit. Drawing it is much more difficult to do than writing, to actually make a story come to life, and the work isn't bad, it's good, so more creditm for that.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

lost in thought
Advanced Regular

Post by lost in thought » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:28 pm

You're both right. And because of both peoples hard work, I am definitely enjoying the comic, which is the whole point of it anyway.

Edit:
Also, is it just me, or does it seem like the clone Super Saiya-jin fighters have a little bit of Adult-Future Gohan, and Son Goku in their facial features from time to time?
It makes me think that the Saiya-jin have a limited gene pool to pull from in the way of general appearance.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:53 pm

No, it's just that every character in Dragon Ball looks the same, just with differnet hair styles. :lol:

Well, it's pretty obvious that I stopped making mine...and no one remembers it anyway :cry:. I haven't been keeping an eye on this thread but now I see both of your comics are going along pretty well. I said I was gonna help translate Hoken's but I guess others are already doing it.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Gamingdevil
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gamingdevil » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:03 pm

You can still help, we're only free-lancers, so any help is welcom :P

Mr. Robot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mr. Robot » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:28 am

I think it would be really cool if some people did fan-mangas on events talked about in DB but not actually shown. Some of these could include:

Freeza's rise to power.
Creation and fall of Buu, story of Kaioshins

Couldn't do it myself, as I suck at drawing. Majorly.