Fan Manga

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:15 pm

The S wrote:Hey Holken... who's the evil Vegeto-looking Saiyan in your manga?
Looks like a base Gogeta...

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:25 pm

I looked at Holken's work and just looked at the drawings 'cause it's in French. Then I remembered that I know French. :shock:

I like the art and the coloring, except sometimes the characters in the action panels look kind of awkward. Like they're not really natural-looking. I don't know.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Aremke
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Aremke » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:48 am

That's really cool, both of you. I'm impressed with Bejita's pencils, especially how grand he makes the ki blasts. Holken's stuff looks good too, but I agree with Lost in Thought- it's a little bright.

I'd like to add a link to my fan manga here to throw into the pool, but is it more appropriate to give the main site link or a specific sample page? I know we're not supposed to do website plugs, but it's on topic so I'm not sure.
"Justice, Honor, Hope, Purity, Victory"

Update: Issue 10 is up! Volume 1 is complete!

Please check out my Yamcha fan manga:
http://www.rmkworld.net/ELSEWHERE/elsewhere.htm

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:39 am

The S wrote:Hey Holken... who's the evil Vegeto-looking Saiyan in your manga?
It's a fusion of the ADN of Gokû and Végéta. a clone.

Béjiita- It's very good!! Your pages are super! :D

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:28 am

What does ADN mean? What is this clone-fusion called? Vegeku? =P

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:50 am

What does ADN mean? What is this clone-fusion called? Vegeku? =P
Heu... it's the cellules. This clone has no name.

The total story, but in french :? Sorry. :( look the images.

Here
Last edited by Holken on Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:33 am

Demi wrote:What does ADN mean? What is this clone-fusion called? Vegeku? =P
I think he meant to say "DNA", if Holken is french then perhaps abreviation is done differently than in English.
14 years later

Holken
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Holken » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:17 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:I think he meant to say "DNA"
Ah yes! it's right.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:27 pm

AHHH! Someone translate those french comics please. ;_;

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:41 pm

Cool. I'll check this out later, since I'm just on a laptop checking stuff (in Vegas, baby).

Hey Holken, you can link your site in your signature but you can't put an image. I think.

And I'll jump on the bandwagon and post my fan manga. Hopefully you guys think it's as good as what some people have told me. I'm generally lazy and half-ass my work, leaving it usually sketchy and rough. But I think the art is pretty good. Now if I can only find a scanner...
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:52 pm

Holken do you take fan-art requests?

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:22 pm

That's some nice work you got there Holken, as for the manga, I don't understand it! Even though I'd really like to read it.

Seriously though, the art is good, the layout, well, it would be better if you did it like Toriyama, but at least there's loads of stuff on each page. You need to translate it, I mean, make two versions, one in english, and the one in French so all fans can enjoy it.

Good luck with your manga too *PINHEAD*. Can't wait to see that.

I'm drawing the next page now(I know it's laziness), but I want to do a few more to make an update. Furthermore I'd like to do the remaining seven pages to make the 14-page chapter complete before posting anymore pages.
My DB Fan manga:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19169 [The new version]
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1942]Chapter 1
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2685]Chapter 2
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:02 pm

As an owner of all the (released) Viz DBZ Manga, I am very impressed at this. It emulates Neko Majin Z quite well when it comes to art style.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:28 am

Duo wrote:As an owner of all the (released) Viz DBZ Manga, I am very impressed at this. It emulates Neko Majin Z quite well when it comes to art style.
Thanks, although many proportions are off, despite the number of panels with talking heads (or half of the body) I try my best too make it look good. I try to draw as many pictures off by heart without the reference of the manga or an anime cel, and even if I do use one, I will change the facial expression or a certain body action so I haven't copied one completely, this is for mostly characters I havn't had much practice drawing, people like Mr. Satan, Videl, even Chi Chi, I mostly sketch pictures of Goku, Gohan, Trunks or Vegeta (in both normal and SSJ forms) and still need practice on proportioning, but I'm improving at it quite quick, I can draw arms better now, and I'll probably re-daw that SSJ3 Goku with the small arms.
My DB Fan manga:
Photo's I've taken of the nearby neighbourhoods where I live in South London: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8306850@N08/

gotenx
Beyond Newbie

Post by gotenx » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:13 pm

Hey Bejita, I'm working on a Fanmanga too. I'm a pretty good artist but i am horrible at copying. I can never draw the same thing two times. If i sketch out a good scene I want to use in my comic, I can never get ir right when it comes time to actually put it in the comic. Email me at mrbradeli@gmail.com if you are interested in helping me. Thnxs...

LaRésistance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LaRésistance » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 am

Bejiita wrote: Seriously though, the art is good, the layout, well, it would be better if you did it like Toriyama, but at least there's loads of stuff on each page.
On the French forum where he first posted this, almost everybody told him that he needed to work on the layout. He's been working on it on the last few pages (I'm answering for him because he obviously doesn't speak much English).
The résistance dies but never gives up.

Bejiita
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bejiita » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:25 pm

I think that he should get it translated into English by another fan, maybe you LaRésistance, then I could understand what is being said, since I've got my manga on Dragonball arena, and it is an Italian site, for their benefit I would translate it into italian as well, because my Mum is Italian I may do the favour. That way more people can read your manga and know what is happening and what they are saying.

gotenx, if you are requesting help I would gladly help you out with some tips but the one thing I won't do is draw pages for you.
My DB Fan manga:

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:59 pm

Excellent manga, Holken. If LaResistence doesn't want to translate it, I'll help out.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:35 pm

I don't have a scanner...if I can get to it, I'll do it Pinhead-style and take a pic of my comic with a digital camera. Oh yeah...

I might be able to help out translating Holken's as well.

Hey guess what, this is my 600th post. Go me.

Son_GokouSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son_GokouSSJ4 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:06 pm

Congratulations Bejiita! I like your style and I'm looking forward to the next chapters. ;) I think you're able to put a good story together...your 'training' concept looks cool and it made me want to see more, >_< (since all we saw from Gokou's and Uub's training was that little part in the first episode of GT).
Keep up the good work!
ORA SONGOKOU DA!