DBZ eps from the 3rd unreleased Blu-ray set on Zune market

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zrorro

DBZ eps from the 3rd unreleased Blu-ray set on Zune market

Post by Zrorro » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:07 am

So today I was browsing the Zune Market place on my Xbox 360 when I noticed on the first season of the DBZ eps, it said now in HD. So I went look and yeah it looks like its the eps from the Blu-ray sets. It has season 1 going up to ep 39. The first 2 Blu-ray sets stopped at 34, so yeah 5 of the eps from the next Level 2.1 were done.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Re: DBZ eps from the 3rd unreleased Blu-ray set on Zune mark

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 am

Well, that's awesome. At least now the first arc is complete in this format. I'd be happy if FUNi just released a "Vegeta Saga" box set with these episodes. I mean sure it's not the whole series but it's actually a completed arc... kind of...

Corporate_Nothing
Beyond Newbie

Post by Corporate_Nothing » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:27 am

Zrorro wrote:So today I was browsing the Zune Market place on my Xbox 360 when I noticed on the first season of the DBZ eps, it said now in HD. So I went look and yeah it looks like its the eps from the Blu-ray sets. It has season 1 going up to ep 39. The first 2 Blu-ray sets stopped at 34, so yeah 5 of the eps from the next Level 2.1 were done.
Wow, that's bizarre. I thought for sure you were mistaken, but nope, I checked on Zune.net, and sure enough, all 39 episodes of Season 1 seemed to be sourced from the Level sets. But Season 2 and onward are all based on the Season Sets. :/
It's been done countless times before, but...
ImmaDMCA

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 am

Too bad you can't have it on your shelf.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:49 am

I checked out the previews and yeah, they're definitely from the Level sets footage. Nice find.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 am

Okay now this is just freaking annoying! I have Level 1.1 and 1.2. Why would Funimation add 5 episodes from 2.1 on Zune but not release them on Blu-ray to at-least complete a saga? I know the Blu-rays are canceled but this still bothers me.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:28 am

samuraix123 wrote:Okay now this is just freaking annoying! I have Level 1.1 and 1.2. Why would Funimation add 5 episodes from 2.1 on Zune but not release them on Blu-ray to at-least complete a saga? I know the Blu-rays are canceled but this still bothers me.
A release with only 5 episodes isn't very realistic in the 2012 US anime market. But if they already had those episodes remastered, then a digital release should be a lot less costly for them than printing discs and packaging.

And hey, if those episodes sell really, really well, maybe they'd try some kind of physical release, too (Blu-ray Season 1?).
-Rachel

Gotham22
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gotham22 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:12 am

TripleRach wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:Okay now this is just freaking annoying! I have Level 1.1 and 1.2. Why would Funimation add 5 episodes from 2.1 on Zune but not release them on Blu-ray to at-least complete a saga? I know the Blu-rays are canceled but this still bothers me.
A release with only 5 episodes isn't very realistic in the 2012 US anime market. But if they already had those episodes remastered, then a digital release should be a lot less costly for them than printing discs and packaging.

And hey, if those episodes sell really, really well, maybe they'd try some kind of physical release, too (Blu-ray Season 1?).
Thata would be intresting if funimation does that,

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:37 am

Wow, awesome find!

Edit: Apparently it's only on the US Zune Marketplace, can't find it on the UK Zune. :(
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:34 am

So I guess we should all E-mail/Tweet/Facebook Funimation and tell them (not demand) that we would love a Season 1 Blu-ray set with the 5 missing episodes. I'm about to!
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:41 pm

How much MSP do these episodes cost?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Is it possible they may have quit doing any more episodes because the quality of the sources they have for namek saga are not as good?

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Drabaz wrote:So I guess we should all E-mail/Tweet/Facebook Funimation and tell them (not demand) that we would love a Season 1 Blu-ray set with the 5 missing episodes. I'm about to!
That would actually be a good way to salvage, the project, now that I think about it. You can actually market an entire story arc in a dead release when it's a good as these sets were.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Drabaz wrote:So I guess we should all E-mail/Tweet/Facebook Funimation and tell them (not demand) that we would love a Season 1 Blu-ray set with the 5 missing episodes. I'm about to!
You know, after thinking about it. Maybe FUNi can just sell an empty box (to hold level 1.1 and 1.2) with a disc of the last 5 episodes they have. Something like a reverse "Vol.1 and empty box" set. At least then we could have a completed season in a nice little box and not re-buy the episodes we have already.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:You know, after thinking about it. Maybe FUNi can just sell an empty box (to hold level 1.1 and 1.2) with a disc of the last 5 episodes they have. Something like a reverse "Vol.1 and empty box" set. At least then we could have a completed season in a nice little box and not re-buy the episodes we have already.
"Saiyan Saga" would be a better title than "Season One", and wasn't the Saiyan arc until episode 40th?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 pm

You guys know what's on PSN? The orange bricks :/
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:20 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:You know, after thinking about it. Maybe FUNi can just sell an empty box (to hold level 1.1 and 1.2) with a disc of the last 5 episodes they have. Something like a reverse "Vol.1 and empty box" set. At least then we could have a completed season in a nice little box and not re-buy the episodes we have already.
"Saiyan Saga" would be a better title than "Season One", and wasn't the Saiyan arc until episode 40th?
No, it ends a few episodes before that. By episode 39, Bulma, Gohan, and Krillin are already in space.

Episode 40 is right before the fake Namek waste of time - http://kanzentai.com/eps-dbz.php?id=040

Zrorro

Post by Zrorro » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 pm

I actually prefer the Dub so I just bought the 5 eps so that I can finish the Saiyan saga. Since it may be a long time till we get the Level sets again. I hope we do because I liked having them on Blu-ray, but most of all I liked having all the audio the Orange bricks had with the correct 4:3 aspect. Its all I wanted.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:24 pm

Zrorro wrote:I actually prefer the Dub so I just bought the 5 eps so that I can finish the Saiyan saga. Since it may be a long time till we get the Level sets again. I hope we do because I liked having them on Blu-ray, but most of all I liked having all the audio the Orange bricks had with the correct 4:3 aspect. Its all I wanted.
If you want, you can transfer them to PC. I've done it personally with the RB1 trailers and they look wonderful in 720p HD WMV.

By the way, how much did they cost?

Edit: See here how to transfer the videos to PC, if you'd like to: http://digiex.net/downloads/download-ce ... iners.html
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Son Geeko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Geeko » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:06 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:By the way, how much did they cost?
80 MSP each.