Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:40 pm
ABED wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 am
Don't hate on anything. It's fine if it's not to your liking but there's no reason to hate a movie or a TV show.
I dunno, I think there are things out there that are genuinely hate worthy. Slenderman movie comes to mind. That movie was unbearable.

I will say though, that I do think people tend to hate on things too easily. Like for me, it really takes a lot for me to actually hate a movie or show, as opposed to just disliking it.
I agree with your point of view.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:57 am

I mean, I think Teen Titans Go is worth hating. Not at first, since it was just supposed to be a shitty, silly comedy. However, after the main showrunners showed their hands that they have contempt for anyone who attempts to criticize the show in no less than 4 episodes, maybe a few more, of the show itself by essentially telling the people who criticize it to piss off. After all of those, I lost all complete respect for the show & the main people behind it (&, yes, it's them. At least one of them is credited with writing all of those episodes, if not both of them). I didn't even hate the show at first, but it definitely wasn't for me & I was willing to accept that, since there were shows on CN I did find value in, but after those episodes, they rand out my good will & now I'm just waiting for the show to finally die.
Power Rangers Super Megaforce is a REALLY bad season of the show. Continuity errors, bad writing, bad acting, bad editing, blatant not caring about the audience's intelligence or memory, no love thrown into the adaptation process or show writing, & other things. I HATE that show with a burning passion. There's absolutely nothing to like about it.

Low hanging fruit, maybe, but I think that gets my point across. Me hating these shows allows me to analyze why they're terrible & know how not to write a comedy or an adaptation of something else. I get something constructive out of it. It genuinely makes me a better writer if I were to be one.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:23 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:57 am I mean, I think Teen Titans Go is worth hating. Not at first, since it was just supposed to be a shitty, silly comedy. However, after the main showrunners showed their hands that they have contempt for anyone who attempts to criticize the show in no less than 4 episodes, maybe a few more, of the show itself by essentially telling the people who criticize it to piss off. After all of those, I lost all complete respect for the show & the main people behind it (&, yes, it's them. At least one of them is credited with writing all of those episodes, if not both of them). I didn't even hate the show at first, but it definitely wasn't for me & I was willing to accept that, since there were shows on CN I did find value in, but after those episodes, they rand out my good will & now I'm just waiting for the show to finally die.
Power Rangers Super Megaforce is a REALLY bad season of the show. Continuity errors, bad writing, bad acting, bad editing, blatant not caring about the audience's intelligence or memory, no love thrown into the adaptation process or show writing, & other things. I HATE that show with a burning passion. There's absolutely nothing to like about it, the type that lacks perspective about children's programming.

Low hanging fruit, maybe, but I think that gets my point across. Me hating these shows allows me to analyze why they're terrible & know how not to write a comedy or an adaptation of something else. I get something constructive out of it. It genuinely makes me a better writer if I were to be one.
First, some of the comedy is pretty dark. There is a scene where Cyborg and Raven trick Robin into thinking his parents are alive because April Fools! Second, it's comedy, heaven forbid. Third, it's a show for a younger audience. Fourth, you aren't owed the comics or TV shows based on them growing up with you. Maybe this show will be the thing that gets a younger audience into these characters. And it seems like your beef isn't truly with the show itself but the writers. I'm also inclined to believe the writers didn't actually tell people who are critical to piss off, just critics of a certain type.

And do I really need to tell you how silly it is to singling any particular season of f'n Power Rangers for bad writing?

Power Rangers is nothing but continuity errors, bad writing, editing, acting, and never once did the show really care about the audience's intelligence. It's like you've never seen Power Rangers before. It's a dopey but fun kids show about colorful superheroes and cool looking robots fighting monsters, that's about it.

Hating on those shows hasn't allowed you to give an honest appraisal of either series.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:32 am

Even as a kid, I could tell Power Rangers was a bad show. Good writing was never associated with that show.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:32 am Even as a kid, I could tell Power Rangers was a bad show. Good writing was never associated with that show.
What season(s) did you watch? Some seasons are worse than others, particularly MMPR not being that good, & it depends on the showrunners or the times they were made in or conditions they were made under.

The main reason I hate Super Megaforce is because, after 20 years, they botched the anniversary SO badly & the showrunner at the time didn't actually give a shit to quality of any kind. A writer on the 3 seasons before that one said as much in an interview a few years later. MMPR usually gets a pass, since it was the first one & was at least charmingly bad. However, it's not where I'd recommend people start when looking into the franchise. Even if they're kids. You should start with Time Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, or SPD & work your way around. Like, once you're ready, go to MMPR & forward. Some seasons also rely on continuity more than previous ones, so that's another reason I recommend the more standalone seasons over those, unless you WANT to start with MMPR, but you're in for a rough ride of status quo is god, untested formula, bad writing, editing, & bad acting. Also no overall plot to really speak of.
ABED wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:23 am First, some of the comedy is pretty dark. There is a scene where Cyborg and Raven trick Robin into thinking his parents are alive because April Fools! Second, it's comedy, heaven forbid. Third, it's a show for a younger audience. Fourth, you aren't owed the comics or TV shows based on them growing up with you. Maybe this show will be the thing that gets a younger audience into these characters. And it seems like your beef isn't truly with the show itself but the writers. I'm also inclined to believe the writers didn't actually tell people who are critical to piss off, just critics of a certain type.

And do I really need to tell you how silly it is to singling any particular season of f'n Power Rangers for bad writing?

Power Rangers is nothing but continuity errors, bad writing, editing, acting, and never once did the show really care about the audience's intelligence. It's like you've never seen Power Rangers before. It's a dopey but fun kids show about colorful superheroes and cool looking robots fighting monsters, that's about it.

Hating on those shows hasn't allowed you to give an honest appraisal of either series.
1. I never brought up the comedy.
2. Yes, I know it's a comedy. The original TT show it's a reboot of is also part comedy. It being a comedy does NOT exempt it from criticism if they comedy is bad. That's like saying Dragon Ball Super is exempt from all criticism because it's Dragon Ball.
3. I SAID the show wasn't for me. I figured out it wasn't for anyone other than kids. That's the only audience who it's aimed at. However, kids deserve better.
4. I flat out admitted that I don't like the writers. They write the show. Therefore, I don't like the show because the writers are pieces of human garbage who can't take criticism & it bled into the show several times in EXTREMELY blatant ways. It's even now present in the show's meta humor. Even constructive criticism is brushed off with it, so, no. It was telling ALL critics to piss off. If you haven't seen these episodes, you can't really counter argue this at all, which is thee feeling I get from you.

You have access to Netflix, DVDs, torrents, Linkara's History of Power Rangers, whatever you prefer. Watch either In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force, Dino Thunder, SPD, RPM, the 2017 reboot movie, or Beast Morphers & I defy you to tell me those seasons of the show are nothing but continuity errors, bad writing, or an insult to the audience's intelligence. If you REALLY think the show is still the same as it was during the MMPR days all the time, you NEED to stop arguing with me because your arguments are filled with holes because you have NO idea what you're talking about or WHO you're talking to. I'm not gonna say the show has a flawless record with that, because it doesn't. The first 5 seasons are really bad, meh, or ok at best (though Zeo is an early stand-out in the first 5 years from what I've seen), every anniversary season minus Wild Force has been a disaster for one reason or another, several seasons of the Disney years are mixed at best, & most of the Neo Saban era is garbage, BUT those seasons & movie I listed showcase where you are WRONG.
Time Force in particular has excellent writing, the BEST ensemble cast of ranger actors in any PR series (Erin Cahill being the MVP, as well as Dan Southworth being a breakout actor, DMC fans will know why, & Jason Faunt being an amazing red ranger actor), & treated the audience with respect with the whole "control your future & influence your destiny" angle it had, as well as a LOT of character development over 40 episodes for all of the cast, some more than others, including the main VILLAINS. Most PR seasons have NO development time for the villains. On top of that, it works as its own standalone series minus a crossover with Lightspeed Rescue, but that's fine. It's the one thing I can't give In Space, since you NEED the continuity build-up of the previous 5 years to appreciate everything to its fullest for that season. I challenge you, watch Time Force, then get back to me afterwards & still tell me if it's just a, "It's a dopey but fun kids show about colorful superheroes and cool looking robots fighting monsters, that's about it." I promise, you'll have a changed mind. Not everything is perfect in it, but what it does well, it does DAMN well.

I already explained this twice now, but, to try to get it into your head, I gave TTG a shot & didn't think it was good. After I saw the critic response episodes, I lost all respect for it. From what I DID see of it, I know I wouldn't have liked it as a kid either, knowing my tastes as a kid. To bolster this point, I mainly saw it in passing when I was waiting for other stuff to come on or was channel surfing. If you can't find something to like in a show by watching a few random episodes here & there, I don't think a show is worth your time. What's worse is that I've heard a lot of fans of it consider its seasons after the first few to be seasonal rot to some extent. Considering it didn't start in the best of places & the writers refuse to listen to criticism, as well as CN having too many episodes pushed out the door too fast without much quality assurance, I can't say I'm surprised.

I think this is done here, or at least it SHOULD be considering the forum we're on & how mad you just made me at your ignorance of these things.

Now, did anyone read my opinion on TFS influencing bad lessons into DBZA? I was hoping someone would start a conversation about that, since I don't see a lot of people doing so.
Last edited by Scsigs on Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:10 am

Power Rangers is just various levels of bad. None of the shows are well written. I say this as a fan. It's a fun show, but it's still bad on every conceivable level. I've seen all those seasons of Power Rangers and all of that continuity you speak of is paid lip service to. I've also seen Linkara's videos and even he pointed that out. The show uses and discards continuity when it's convenient for them. One season will use continuity right after a season that implies the others didn't happen, except when the annual crossover occurs. When you say Faunt is an amazing red ranger actor, that's grading on a hell of a curve. The best acting on PR is serviceable at best. I'll give you Cahill, and you can see why she's been able to make a career as a day player. If I'm looking for amazing writing and acting, or even just good, I'm not looking to Power Rangers for that fix. Please, watch more shows aimed at adults. Here are a few of my favorites: Justified, Halt & Catch Fire, Breaking Bad, Silicon Valley, New Girl, The Good Place... I would also take a moment to reflect on the fact that you got upset over me criticizing POWER RANGERS of all things.

It's stuff like this that has made me grow tired of things like canon and power level debates. It's nonsense and doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

While I don't completely agree with Kunzait, I have come to see how certain segments of geek fanbases are overly fixated on children's shows to an unhealthy degree. I like many, DB included, but it's a good thing to maintain perspective. Like what you like, don't apologize for it, but be willing to go outside your comfort zone.
Last edited by ABED on Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:32 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am
What season(s) did you watch? Some seasons are worse than others, particularly MMPR not being that good, & it depends on the showrunners or the times they were made in or conditions they were made under.
I was a Power Rangers kid up through Time Force (one of the supposed great seasons) sure some seasons of Power Rangers are better than others. That doesn’t make them good. They all have varying levels of bad actings, corny hackneyed writing, and low budget.

I distinctly remember being 9 watching Time Force and still somewhat embarrassed to be watching it because of how corny it could be.

Again one of the supposed great seasons!

The main reason I hate Super Megaforce is because, after 20 years, they botched the anniversary SO badly & the showrunner at the time didn't actually give a shit to quality of any kind.
The target audience for a 20th anniversary season wouldn’t even be alive for the first half of Power Rangers run. Oh well if some showrunner botched a kids toy commercial reminding them toys before they were born existed.

. MMPR usually gets a pass, since it was the first one & was at least charmingly bad.
The only thing charmingly anything I’d associate with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is the Jennifer Garner looking Pink Ranger.

You should start with Time Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, or SPD & work your way around.
Of those I’ve only seen Time Force which in no way would I recommend to anyone. I’ve seen a few episodes of Dino Thunder babysitting my nephew who got into the show through Netflix. It’s not good either and has the same typical obnoxious crap associated with Power Rangers.

Like, once you're ready, go to MMPR & forward. Some seasons also rely on continuity more than previous ones, so that's another reason I recommend the more standalone seasons over those, unless you WANT to start with MMPR, but you're in for a rough ride of status quo is god, untested formula, bad writing, editing, & bad acting. Also no overall plot to really speak of.

Or don’t. Because unless you grew up with Power Rangers and you’re going after some nostalgic high there’s no reason for anyone over the age of 10 to bother with Power Rangers.

It’s 100 percent fine to enjoy Power Rangers and think Power Rangers: Rainbow Squad is better than Power Rangers Super Battle Force, but don’t expect grown adults who didn’t watch the show as kids to find the great seasons to be amazing work of television.
First,You have access to Netflix, DVDs, torrents, Linkara's History of Power Rangers
Linkara is obnoxious and I wouldn’t recommend him to anyone unless I hated that person and wanted to get off on their ear torture.

I’ve watched his first season of MMPR review years back. My favorite part was when he praised the Power Rangers writers for doing things forced on them by the Super Sentai footage. Truly a critical genius.

. If you REALLY think the show is still the same as it was during the MMPR days all the time, you NEED to stop arguing with me because your arguments are filled with holes because you have NO idea what you're talking about or WHO you're talking to.
Yeah but as someone who was the right age to have seen some of the supposed greats (In Space, Lost Galaxy, Time Force) and even gave the alleged magnum opus RPM a fair 5-episode shot I can confidently say if MMPR is Funimation’s original audio dub of DBZ season 3, the good Power Ranger seasons are about mmm Dragon Ball GT with Menza music.
Time Force in particular has excellent writing
It has comparatively good writing for a Power Rangers season. It does not have excellent writing.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:40 am

Okay, now lets move past the show whose sole function was to sell toys to children.

Here's an unpopular opinion, and one that has taken me years to reach, power levels by and large don't matter. Unless there's something I find egregious, the battle power thing doesn't bother me with VERY notable exceptions like in RoF when Freeza's new lackey is touted as being as strong as Zarbon and Dodoria. All that said, that isn't high on the list of reasons why RoF is a fundamentally flawed movie. Things that I love discussing the most are Toriyama's influences, intent vs. execution, adaptation into other mediums and cultures, theme, characterization, motivation...
Last edited by ABED on Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:41 am

ABED wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:10 am Here are a few of my favorites: Justified, Halt & Catch Fire, Breaking Bad, Silicon Valley, New Girl, The Good Place..

I’ll second the Good Place recommendation even with a retcon of sorts in season 3 I wasn’t fond of.

I’ve tried so hard to get into Breaking Bad but haven’t been able to. I did enjoy Weeds (the first three seasons) which I consider to be Breaking Bad’s frothier cousin.

So if someone is looking for shows to watch and can’t get into Breaking Bad, give Weeds a shot but then remember to treat season 3’s finale as the series finale.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:44 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am
8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:32 am Even as a kid, I could tell Power Rangers was a bad show. Good writing was never associated with that show.

The main reason I hate Super Megaforce is because, after 20 years, they botched the anniversary SO badly & the showrunner at the time didn't actually give a shit to quality of any kind. A writer on the 3 seasons before that one said as much in an interview a few years later. MMPR usually gets a pass, since it was the first one & was at least charmingly bad. However, it's not where I'd recommend people start when looking into the franchise. Even if they're kids. You should start with Time Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, or SPD & work your way around. Like, once you're ready, go to MMPR & forward. Some seasons also rely on continuity more than previous ones, so that's another reason I recommend the more standalone seasons over those, unless you WANT to start with MMPR, but you're in for a rough ride of status quo is god, untested formula, bad writing, editing, & bad acting. Also no overall plot to really speak of.
I don't really remember which seasons I watched but even if I watched those seasons you described as excellent, there's a 99% chance that I wouldn't like them. To me, the franchise is nothing but worthless, putrid trash much like Fast & Furious is.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 am

Power levels have always been treated as a bigger deal by the fandom than they should be. They were relevant for two arcs. Two arcs that went out of their way to show why it’s stupid to turn strength into a numbers game.

Christ the first villain to use power levels died because he was too dependent on his scouter.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:04 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 am Power levels have always been treated as a bigger deal by the fandom than they should be. They were relevant for two arcs. Two arcs that went out of their way to show why it’s stupid to turn strength into a numbers game.

Christ the first villain to use power levels died because he was too dependent on his scouter.
I'm not referring to just the numerical power levels, but the overall power scaling concept. Things like the logic of Goku getting an absurd power up after the fight against Ginyu don't bother me. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here. It would be ridiculous of me to do so. I used to be someone who put more importance on the numbers game, but you live and you learn (hopefully).

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 pm

Resurrection 'F' isn't a terrible film. Sure, the entire film is built on blatant fanservice (isn't that like 80% of modern DB anyways?), but aside from that, and aside from its ending, i'm not sure why people hate the film as much as they do.. I do agree with the opinion that the film seems pretty pointless and isn't any type of spectacle.

The dialogue itself in the film is actually really good, that and the overall film itself feels very DB Toriyama-esque and I love it.

There's a lot of cool and humorous things in the film as well, like Goku and Vegeta training with Whis, Whis and Beerus' interactions, Krillin being a cop, and Jaco being Jaco; all great stuff.

The Super anime adaptation however, turns mediocre into terrible, with highly unnecessary changes and additions to the story, as well as the abysmal art and animation which remain as some of the worst visuals in the franchise.

- - -

DBZ Movie 7 remains as the worst theatrical DB film for me though.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:50 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 pmSure, the entire film is built on blatant fanservice (isn't that like 80% of modern DB anyways?),
Yes but the fanservice elsewhere is not a waste of time. No other work dedicated so much "effort" just to bring a character who didn't need to be back, recolor his form, kill him right away and roll the credits.
superfan2024 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 pmi'm not sure why people hate the film as much as they do
superfan2024 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 pmI do agree with the opinion that the film seems pretty pointless and isn't any type of spectacle.
You already answered your own question. Though I would change that "opinion" to "fact", seeing as the movie really amounted to nothing at the end of the day.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:11 pm

I probably would’ve been more forgiving towards Ressurection ‘F’ if it didn’t try to pass itself off as a mainstream feature length movie. Most of the older Z movies have no real substance either, but they at least have the excuse of being less than an hour long, and being made specifically so kids will have something to watch over the school holidays.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:26 pm

superfan2024 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 pm Resurrection 'F' isn't a terrible film. Sure, the entire film is built on blatant fanservice (isn't that like 80% of modern DB anyways?), but aside from that, and aside from its ending, i'm not sure why people hate the film as much as they do.. I do agree with the opinion that the film seems pretty pointless and isn't any type of spectacle.

The dialogue itself in the film is actually really good, that and the overall film itself feels very DB Toriyama-esque and I love it.

There's a lot of cool and humorous things in the film as well, like Goku and Vegeta training with Whis, Whis and Beerus' interactions, Krillin being a cop, and Jaco being Jaco; all great stuff.

The Super anime adaptation however, turns mediocre into terrible, with highly unnecessary changes and additions to the story, as well as the abysmal art and animation which remain as some of the worst visuals in the franchise.

- - -

DBZ Movie 7 remains as the worst theatrical DB film for me though.
Res. F the movie & the arc in Super fail to have any real tension with Beerus & Whis there, as well as telling the audience early on that Whis can rewind time. Now, there's nothing wrong with pre-establishing something that's gonna come into play later. Chekov's Gun is a GREAT writing trope when used right. However, having them there weakens any tension, since Beerus & Whis are stronger than ANYONE in U7 at the time.

Some people also bring up Frieza being revived as pointless & a point against the movie. However, I think it's just an execution thing, since I think the fact that Vegeta doesn't get the kill on Frieza & Goku's forced to secure the kill on Frieza robs the movie of the best thing they could've put into it, since Vegeta deserves a kill on that bastard. But no. Also, it would've serviced better as a TV arc from the beginning with more time to develop everything. Meh.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:32 pm

It's bad enough that Freeza is brought back, given a new form that's just a recolor, only to be killed off. Not only is he killed off again, but he's defeated for the exact same reason he lost the last time. His full power is little more than a form that drains his power which he doesn't realize because he doesn't train enough.
Chekov's Gun is a GREAT writing trope when used right.
That's not a trope as much as something at the heart of great writing - set up and payoff.

Vegeta not getting the kill was not the reason it was all a waste. Bringing Freeza back to begin with was the mistake. Been there, done that. Turning one of the best villains of all time, certainly one of DB's best, into a comic book supervillain who gets beaten time after time after time. This is the core of the issue.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is with Ressurection F. Why wouldn't Freeza be brought back and killed off? What's he gonna do, survive?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm

MyVisionity wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:50 pm I'm not sure what the problem is with Ressurection F. Why wouldn't Freeza be brought back and killed off? What's he gonna do, survive?
That would've been preferable to doing what they did decades prior. Better yet, they could've not gone back to that well.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:13 pm

ABED wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm
MyVisionity wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:50 pm I'm not sure what the problem is with Ressurection F. Why wouldn't Freeza be brought back and killed off? What's he gonna do, survive?
That would've been preferable to doing what they did decades prior. Better yet, they could've not gone back to that well.
It definitely felt like “Hey Battle Of Gods made some dough we gotta have a sequel! Fuck what do we do? Bring Freeza back, that will get butts in the seats”

Granted you can say the same thing about Super Brocoli