Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Psajdak » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I would like to see Super Saiyan 5 canonized.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Psajdak wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:27 pm I would like to see Super Saiyan 5 canonized.
Wouldn't they face some kind of legal trouble by outright copying a fan's design like that ?

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:32 pm Wouldn't they face some kind of legal trouble by outright copying a fan's design like that ?
Money can solve all that, and DB franchise is rich.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:43 pm

PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pmBardock's case is an example of the Bootstrap paradox, not the Grandfather paradox
-Bootstrap: explained by The Doctor bc I don't have time for this
-Grandfather: If you went back in time and killed your grandfather when he was a child, he would not be able to bear your father, and you would cease to exist. However, if you cease to exist, then your grandfather is not killed by you, and then can bear your father, bringing you back into existence, which leads to you killing your grandfather again.
Honestly, I didn't understand at all from the video. I'll probably just google it as he requested some other time. I did understand the grandfather one, though. But despite that, I think the "grandfather" one only works in materials that don't accept new timelines being created. It's seems to be linear, the past affects the present/future.

I'm sorry, I'll have to quote every line in order to understand and for me not to lose you:
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pmCell goes back in time because he kills Trunks.
Yes. This happens in the original timeline.
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pmHowever, Trunks goes to his time and kills Cell before he time travels.
Yes. This happens in the future timeline.
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pmIf both Cells are the same exact Cell, then Cell does not go back in time, therefore all the events regarding Cell should be erased, including Goku dying and Gohan's SSJ2 transformation.
I think I finally understood now and the problem isn't Cell, but Trunks. Looking at it now, it does seem like future Cell is the same one as the original up until a certain point. However, Trunks isn't. Original Trunks is probably weaker or simply didn't know Cell would appear (and if he didn't know, that means this Trunks didn't discover Cell's time machine in the present), thus was killed. However, future Trunks knew and was strong enough, thus was able to kill Cell. Also looking at it from this perspective, the fact that original Cell travels back in time and future Cell doesn't, that's when those Cells become different, one was able to travel and the other doesn't. The question is whether future Cell had traveled he would influence the events of the present timeline or not.

I don't know if future Cell had managed to travel back he would end up in the present timeline or in another similar one, most likely the former, but I don't think that's what should/would prevent Cell saga from happening, because it had already happened thanks to the original Cell managing to arrive in the present, he's the catalyst, not the future one.
PurestEvil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:15 pmI was referring strictly to Bardock: Father of Goku. I meant to say, instead of the future-seeing thing, Bardock could have been told by the dying Toma about Freeza's plans.
Yeah, that I got it. I said "some" because some elements/scenes (including the ability to see the future) weren't being taken into consideration. Learning all from Toma is good too.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Yi Xing Long has one of the best and most menacing designs for a villain in this franchise.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:03 am

Noah wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:26 pm Yi Xing Long has one of the best and most menacing designs for a villain in this franchise.
I completely agree, everything about him scrams "I'm the final and strongest villain". I think what hurts him, and this applies to a lot of Toei villains, is his lack of a good personality.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:15 am

As much as it is cool to see fusions be so overpowered, sometimes I wish they would only serve to even the ground with already overpowered opponents.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:21 am

Psajdak wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:15 amAs much as it is cool to see fusions be so overpowered, sometimes I wish they would only serve to even the ground with already overpowered opponents.
That's how Gotenks' fight played out, he was more or less even with Buu.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:27 am

I was primarily thinking about SS4 Gogeta vs Yi Xing Long.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:17 am

Psajdak wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:27 am I was primarily thinking about SS4 Gogeta vs Yi Xing Long.
SSJ4 Gogeta was so stupid and a goddamn disappointment. He acted more like Gotenks than himself.
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:19 am

PurestEvil wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:17 amSSJ4 Gogeta was so stupid and a goddamn disappointment. He acted more like Gotenks than himself.
Both he and Ssj4 Vegeta were massive disappointments in GT, and I think the only reason they're as popular as they are is due to how well they play in video games. Why not have Vegeta and Goku tag team against Nova and Ice Shenron ? no, Goku has to be given literally everything. Between GT and Super, DB definitely got the short end of the stick when it comes to sequels.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 am

Besides, punishing users for bad behavior, the admins of this site should also encourage good behavior by having something like a "User of the month" or something with him or her having a separate color on the forum and I dunno, get something like $50 from the admins as a reward.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:00 am

Jord wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 am Besides, punishing users for bad behavior, the admins of this site should also encourage good behavior by having something like a "User of the month" or something with him or her having a separate color on the forum and I dunno, get something like $50 from the admins as a reward.
With all do respect: Fuck no. No one is gonna pay 50 of their actual currency just because some guy on the internet was a cool dude.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:21 am

Jord wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 amThe admins of this site should encourage good behavior by having something like a "User of the month" or something with him or her having a separate color on the forum.
The reason they don't do this is because I'd win every month. 8)

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:36 am

Lolol, I'm pretty sure no admin would ever donate money to a forum user, if anything it's the opposite. There are some forums that offer a premium option where for like 2 dollars a month you get an ad-free experience, a custom badge and title, etc.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:39 am

Jord wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:27 am Besides, punishing users for bad behavior, the admins of this site should also encourage good behavior by having something like a "User of the month" or something with him or her having a separate color on the forum and I dunno, get something like $50 from the admins as a reward.
I wondered about something a little like this, only the reward wouldn't be money, but rather a 'Dragon Ball' that would sit under your profile pic. Once you accumulate 7, you get to make a particular wish for something to happen with Kanzenshuu generally (the Admins/'Shenron' decide whether they can actually grant that wish, though). Only, to earn a 'Dragon Ball' (let alone 7) would be fiendishly difficult - a reward for a 'Herms-like' sort of level of endeavour/contribution to the community or to Dragon Ball knowledge.

(Apparently, having accumulated all 7, he wished to retire.)

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:02 am

What in the name of all that is what? Talk about entitlement. You don’t need to be incentivized to not be a jack ass online with special attention and money. Just don’t be a douche.

Jezus I think I just had an aneurysm.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:31 am

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:39 am
I wondered about something a little like this, only the reward wouldn't be money, but rather a 'Dragon Ball' that would sit under your profile pic. Once you accumulate 7, you get to make a particular wish for something to happen with Kanzenshuu generally (the Admins/'Shenron' decide whether they can actually grant that wish, though). Only, to earn a 'Dragon Ball' (let alone 7) would be fiendishly difficult - a reward for a 'Herms-like' sort of level of endeavour/contribution to the community or to Dragon Ball knowledge.

That's an even better idea. And more in line with tge subject.

PurestEvil

Post by PurestEvil » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:39 am

It's a novel idea, but I am not sure if it can work.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:07 am

The first form we see Freeza in is also the form he was born in and his final form being his true form is because that is, when his power is at its peak.