Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 pm

I don’t know how unpopular this is but:

Budokai tenkaichi 2>> Tenkaichi 3
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:I don’t know how unpopular this is but:

Most people say

Story mode: BT2 > BT3

Gameplay: BT3 > BT2

And i agree with it. Story mode was far better in BT2 and not so rushed, but fighting mechanics and roster was better in BT3.
I mean it was dumb that BT2 didn't have GT Goku in his base/SSJ/SSJ3 forms while having Baby in his SSJ form and his Super Baby 1 form that he never really used.
But it was also dumb that BT1 had Vegeta SSJ4 and Gogeta SSJ4 but didn't have Omega Shenron lol. He had to be introduced in BT2.

I also like that they added characters like kid Chichi, Arale, Android 8, Fasha or Nuova Shenron.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

Sean Schemmel dissing on other Goku actors, and Chris Rager making fun of Super Bang Zoom Dub and other people, is one of reasons i don' want to support Funimation releases, thats policy i took recently, when someone is jerk, i wont suport him o r her with my wallet, no matter how good product is viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36442&p=1228981&hi ... r#p1228981
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Dont you live in Poland? Because I dont think Funimation operates there....

...But still! More power to you! I dont want to support jerks either!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Android 18 in GT is arguably the hottest version of her.
Super 17 saga version to be more specific.
She looks great with this harcut + I like suits on girls which is why i also like her special DBS outfit.

They both look great here although her 2nd outfit from Cell saga is still my favourite one.

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:

Most people say

And i agree with it. Story mode was far better in BT2 and not so rushed, but fighting mechanics and roster was better in BT3.
I mean it was dumb that BT2 didn't have GT Goku in his base/SSJ/SSJ3 forms while having Baby in his SSJ form and his Super Baby 1 form that he never really used.
But it was also dumb that BT1 had Vegeta SSJ4 and Gogeta SSJ4 but didn't have Omega Shenron lol. He had to be introduced in BT2.

I also like that they added characters like kid Chichi, Arale, Android 8, Fasha or Nuova Shenron.
Yeah I'll agree to this too. BT2 story mode was awesome.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 pm

is it unpopular to say that super is the biggest garbage ever and makes no sense at all and falls into the category milking franchize which happens with almost every franchize these days sad.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:49 pm

i liked 2 also more.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:27 pm

nosferatu wrote:is it unpopular to say that super is the biggest garbage ever and makes no sense at all and falls into the category milking franchize which happens with almost every franchize these days sad.
I wouldn’t say Super is garbage
GT Fighter

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:

Most people say

Yeah I'll agree to this too. BT2 story mode was awesome.
I guess this would be my own unpopular opinion, but I actually preferred BT3’s story mode over what BT2 gave us. While I remembered thinking the BT2 story mode was the coolest thing ever when I first played the game, in hindsight, it had far too many unnecessary fights that just got repetitive after a while. Also, the cutscenes could get pretty awkward, what with the stiff in-game models. Finally, while the game does have the whole flying around the map thing from Budokai 3, it wasn’t executed nearly as well. It just felt tacked on.

On the other hand, the story in BT3 was much more to the point, which I thought was refreshing, given that the game was just telling the same story we had already seen many times before. Plus, the decision to include dialogue during the fights was a neat touch that helped make the story mode seem more interactive, despite being much shorter than what BT2 had. Oh, and the game also included OG Dragon Ball in its story, while BT2 completely ignored all the pre-Raditz stuff.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:
nosferatu wrote:is it unpopular to say that super is the biggest garbage ever and makes no sense at all and falls into the category milking franchize which happens with almost every franchize these days sad.
Writing is for kids, plot and consistency is garbage to average at best. its pure milking. akira doest even knew who broly was lol, new film is only fan service garbage i bet story will be so laughable that you wouldnt believe it but Z is garbage to storywise but not that much i mean even GT is better then S and that says something. i will not even start on the laziness. maybe we get neo green haired saiyajin too i mean after pink,blue and copy after copy and whatever not everythings possible :roll: . akiras strenght was always at trolling and comedy hence the whole plot holes in the series he never ceared for db as fans think or as much. every 10 year old knows more bout db then the creator himself he proved that many times :) :) actually to funny imo.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 pm

nosferatu wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
Writing is for kids, plot and consistency is garbage to average at best. its pure milking. akira doest even knew who broly was lol, new film is only fan service garbage i bet story will be so laughable that you wouldnt believe it but Z is garbage to storywise but not that much i mean even GT is better then S and that says something. i will not even start on the laziness. maybe we get neo green haired saiyajin too i mean after pink,blue and copy after copy and whatever not everythings possible :roll: . akiras strenght was always at trolling and comedy hence the whole plot holes in the series he never ceared for db as fans think or as much. every 10 year old knows more bout db then the creator himself he proved that many times :) :) actually to funny imo.
What I like about Super:
-FT arc
-I loved the 9 Weeks of Peace Episodes
-the Connection between the Z Fighters in the TOP arc
-how they given Vegeta his spotlight (a Thing Super did far far better than GT although I love GT more than any other series)
-Great Fights(the second&last Thing Super did far better than GT imo)
-Hit

What I dislike about Super:
-2 Movie Rettelings (I consider the ROF arc the worst in the franchise)
-Gokus Character Devolpment
-Vegetas Character Devolpment
-no connection between the arcs
-the whole U6 arc(except Hit)
-most of the TOP arc ...56 Episodes Fighting Overdose it was extremely hard to come through the arc
-the fact that Super is placed in the 10 years tbh
-where is Goten?where is Trunks?
-the Character Designs are completely garbage imo(I put a lot of value on Character Designs)
-the ending of the FT arc :D
-Ideas&concepts(2 Movie Rettelings,a Tournement,a creative good Arc,a Tournament)
-I don’t like the music
-The Transformations
-How meaningless every arc actually is
-Characters like Zeno,Whis&Beerus absolutely took away the drama from for me as you can see in FT saga

&There are even more Things..
GT Fighter

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:29 pm

nosferatu wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
Dragon Ball is for kids. Transformations and powerups pulled out of the arse have always been a staple of the series, too.

nosferatu
Banned

Post by nosferatu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:06 am

Brodes wrote:
nosferatu wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:
Dragon Ball is for kids. Transformations and powerups pulled out of the arse have always been a staple of the series, too.
As i said yes. but S is like for really young auddience .

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:09 am

I think the tingle in the back makes sense !
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:59 am

Kaio-Ken Blue doesn't look good the way it is. The double aura effect makes it look very cheap with the two of them moving independently of one another instead of the blue aura feeding into the red one. It comes off as them just stacking two different animation effects on top of one another and calling it a day. When/if it gets adapted into the Shintani style, they better fix it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 am

Faulconer music is a lot better than original DBZ music
(Menza music is still trash of course)

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 pm

Majin Vegeta Vs Goku SSJ2 is the best Fight ever
GT Fighter

Ripper 30
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ripper 30 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:31 pm

ABED wrote:How is kid Goku blander? He's fundamentally the same character he was when he grows up.
yes he maybe innocent but as an adult he is wiser, more mature and can kill his opponents with a sane state of mind unlike the massacre he used to cause as a kid like in Red Ribbon Army arc or killing Mazoku clan members out of revenge, also as an adult he learned to make tough decisions like stopping Gohan from helping Piccolo against First Form Cell or saving Satan and Dende instead of his sons when kid boo is trying to destroy the planet.
ricky84 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Last chapter of DBS manga is better than entire ToP arc in anime.

In fact, i enjoyed this manga frame more than entire ToP arc in anime:
You mean a chapter with horrendous, worse powerscaling, character writing (especially for Kale) and fight scenes than any part of the anime lmao.
i would take that over the snorefest of an arc that ToP anime version was. the anime dragged the shit out of this arc and had boring characterization and even more worse asspulls.
I prefer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, DB/Z/GT Movies, Dragon Ball Super and Dragon Ball GT in Japanese.
For DBZ Kai and two new Movies I like both Dub and Sub. I Prefer Shunsuke Kikuchi Soundtracks over All other Composers.
My MAL profile : https://myanimelist.net/profile/Ripper_30

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be very unpopular. Although it is certainly possible that is a vocal minority sort of thing there
GT_Goten10 wrote:Majin Vegeta Vs Goku SSJ2 is the best Fight ever
Care to elaborate on this?