Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by The Patrolman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
The Patrolman wrote:I don't care for Nozawa performance as Kid Gohan. It never went anywhere with besides one moment where he turned SSJ2 but I don't think that since 11 means he is a pre teen (right?). The most I got from her performance was the amount of times she otosan ( I apologize if I said it incorrectly)
Huh? Besides that first sentence, I could barely comprehend anything in that paragraph. Could you maybe re-word it?
What I mean is that her performance as Gohan before he went to high school was very lackluster besides him turning SSJ2 for the first time. The only thing that was significant in her performance was saying otosan a lot
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:05 pm

The Patrolman wrote: What I mean is that her performance as Gohan before he went to high school was very lackluster besides him turning SSJ2 for the first time. The only thing that was significant in her performance was saying otosan a lot
I'm afraid I'm not seeing how it's lackluster. It's only natural that Gohan addresses or refers to his father as "Otosan".

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:40 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
The Patrolman wrote:I don't care for Nozawa performance as Kid Gohan. It never went anywhere with besides one moment where he turned SSJ2 but I don't think that since 11 means he is a pre teen (right?). The most I got from her performance was the amount of times she otosan ( I apologize if I said it incorrectly)
Wasn't Gohan 9 when he turned SSJ2?
I like her performance as Gohan; it's essentially a more civilized version of Kid Goku.

Unpopular Opinion:
I wish some company out there just makes a modern Dragon Ball RPG instead of the same fighting games again and again.
Attack Of The Saiyans sequel pls.
He's said to be 11 in DBZ, if I remember correctly. But if you go back and count the years, he's 10 at the absolute most.

Also, I want an Elder Scrolls-esque Dragon Ball game. A dream that will unfortunately never be fulfilled.
Retired.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:19 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
I like her performance as Gohan; it's essentially a more civilized version of Kid Goku.

Unpopular Opinion:
I wish some company out there just makes a modern Dragon Ball RPG instead of the same fighting games again and again.
Is that opinion unpopular? I want a sequel to buu's fury.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:40 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
The Patrolman wrote: What I mean is that her performance as Gohan before he went to high school was very lackluster besides him turning SSJ2 for the first time. The only thing that was significant in her performance was saying otosan a lot
I'm afraid I'm not seeing how it's lackluster. It's only natural that Gohan addresses or refers to his father as "Otosan".
I know that but what I am saying is that he says this over and over that what I remember the performance the most

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:16 pm

The Patrolman wrote: I know that but what I am saying is that he says this over and over that what I remember the performance the most
I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Anyways, what is it about her performance that you find lackluster? Is stuff like this lackluster?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Vegeta isn't a much better dad than Goku.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:55 pm

kinisking wrote:Vegeta isn't a much better dad than Goku.
Thank you

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:23 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:

Unpopular Opinion:
He's said to be 11 in DBZ, if I remember correctly. But if you go back and count the years, he's 10 at the absolute most.

Also, I want an Elder Scrolls-esque Dragon Ball game. A dream that will unfortunately never be fulfilled.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

WobbuSleuth

Post by WobbuSleuth » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Fights in Dragon Ball Z became a rather lackluster after (and maybe during) Freeza saga. Mainly because almost every non_Saiyan character become useless, and instead of martial arts we have a ki-blast battles. Battles during Cell Saga are particularly jarring, because most of them painfully one-sided. In Cell and Buu sagas I don't remember any clever strategies, any new creative techniques... At they best, they're well animated. At they worst, they're really boring.

It doesn't mean, that Buu and Cell sagas don't have any good battles. We have some exceptions, #16 vs Cell, for example. But, it's a shame, that majority of battles are dull.
Sorry for my bad english. )=

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 pm

On that note, I believe Goku actually is a good dad.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:55 pm

WobbuSleuth wrote:Fights in Dragon Ball Z became a rather lackluster after (and maybe during) Freeza saga. Mainly because almost every non_Saiyan character become useless, and instead of martial arts we have a ki-blast battles. Battles during Cell Saga are particularly jarring, because most of them painfully one-sided. In Cell and Buu sagas I don't remember any clever strategies, any new creative techniques... At they best, they're well animated. At they worst, they're really boring.

It doesn't mean, that Buu and Cell sagas don't have any good battles. We have some exceptions, #16 vs Cell, for example. But, it's a shame, that majority of battles are dull.
Android 17 vs Piccolo, Cell vs Goku, Gotenks vs Boo are also examples of some good fights by those standards. I personally think most of fights are good even without strategy or creative techniques as long as it has exciting choreography and angles.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:18 pm

kinisking wrote:
WobbuSleuth wrote:Fights in Dragon Ball Z became a rather lackluster after (and maybe during) Freeza saga. Mainly because almost every non_Saiyan character become useless, and instead of martial arts we have a ki-blast battles. Battles during Cell Saga are particularly jarring, because most of them painfully one-sided. In Cell and Buu sagas I don't remember any clever strategies, any new creative techniques... At they best, they're well animated. At they worst, they're really boring.

Android 17 vs Piccolo, Cell vs Goku, Gotenks vs Boo are also examples of some good fights by those standards. I personally think most of fights are good even without strategy or creative techniques as long as it has exciting choreography and angles.
I honstely think Piccolo vs #17 is one of the worst fights in the series. The Gotenks, Boo fight is great fun, however.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. He's a pretty good one when he's there, but seeing as how he often spends a lot of time away from home to train.... nah. He's a decent one though. Could be way worse.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:31 pm

kinisking wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I wouldn't go that far. He's a pretty good one when he's there, but seeing as how he often spends a lot of time away from home to train.... nah. He's a decent one though. Could be way worse.
I mean granted him being away wasn't his fault except for Cell. But yeah hes not the best though I think some fans go too far with saying he's a deadbeat.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I mean granted him being away wasn't his fault except for Cell. But yeah hes not the best though I think some fans go too far with saying he's a deadbeat.
What bothers me is that those same fans tend to say Vegeta is a good dad when he has the same flaws.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Since we're on the subject, I'd honestly just like to say that I've always thought that Goku was the best in his parental duties in the Saiyan and Namek/Freeza arcs.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:08 pm

kinisking wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
kinisking wrote: I wouldn't go that far. He's a pretty good one when he's there, but seeing as how he often spends a lot of time away from home to train.... nah. He's a decent one though. Could be way worse.
What bothers me is that those same fans tend to say Vegeta is a good dad when he has the same flaws.
And especially considering he was a complete douchebag to Bulma and Trunks, almost letting them die, until Cell killed Future Trunks

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Bansho64 wrote:Since we're on the subject, I'd honestly just like to say that I've always thought that Goku was the best in his parental duties in the Saiyan and Namek/Freeza arcs.
Good point, I would legitimately say Goku was a good dad in the saiyan saga.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:05 am

while i like his personality , Cell (perfect form) is the worst main villain in the series
My English is poor .