Unpopular DB opinions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Unpopular DB opinions

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:47 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Golden Freeza is one of the best things this franchise has ever given us. The color palette consists of very nice shades of yellow, and it blends beautifully with the purple aura. Beyond that, the gold theme showed that Freeza finally overcame his fear of Super Saiyans, and went so far to even mock them about it.
Soppa Saia People wrote:Supes beats Goku. And that's I have to say about that.
Not to turn this into a Superman VS Goku debate, but is there any reason you believe such?
Even taking out some of Supes ridiculous powers in the Sliver age (?), I just can't see Goku beating him without using a Kamehameha infused with Kryptonite (Which sounds amazing) or something like that
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Another unpopular Dragon Ball opinion would be Superman Stalkers always claiming that their boytoy in red and blue would always beat Goku.
Supes beats Goku. And that's I have to say about that.
I beg to differ, Son Goku is the stronger hero.
Goku wasn't even the strongest in his own series for a while. I just see no way he can beat Supes.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:56 am

Guys, lets end this. This always gets nasty and it always leads to people being banned.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:36 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Guys, lets end this. This sometimes gets nasty and it sometimes leads to people being banned.
I mean, I find the debate stupid, but it's a bit to premature to go "GUYZ, IT CODE RED, PEEPZ ARE GONNA GET BANNED, EVERYONE HIT THE DECK!".
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:50 am

Ok, ok I get it. Sorry for the backseat modering.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:52 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Ok, ok I get it. Sorry for the backseat modering.
It's fine by me, my good man :thumbup:

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:54 am

Well, Mr. (or is it Ms.?) Cure, if you find something that you think breaks the rules, just report it. It's always recommended over dealing with the post yourself. Otherwise, just ignore it. No harm there. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:06 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Well, Mr. (or is it Ms.?) Cure, if you find something that you think breaks the rules, just report it. It's always recommended over dealing with the post yourself. Otherwise, just ignore it. No harm there. :P
No one was breaking rules. Cure Dragon 255 (understandably) thought that another Goku vs Supes debate could lead to a flame war. I thought this was premature.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:10 am

Sorry its just that over TV Tropes the thing got so heated the page for Death Battle got locked.

Thanks for understanding my stance, even when it was pretty crazy lol.

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 am

Yamamoto was framed.
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:13 am

Son Gara wrote:Yamamoto was framed.
He was framed for roughly 30 years? :lol:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:29 am

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: Goku's was definitely worse. The one he has now is just too good man! I think it looks better than any of the other outfits including EOZ.
Well, it's nice to see that people enjoy it! :P
Personally I thought it might be cool to see Goku either
this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Or this:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler].
They're some pretty unique looks!
Yeah I love when they fight in non-gi's/armours. I would really love to see Gohan fighting in a suit more, goku in that outfit, trunks in his undershirt, and vegeta in his boo arc outfit more
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:05 pm

kinisking wrote:Yeah I love when they fight in non-gi's/armours.
And yet... Gohan's F tracksuit isn't appealing? :P
MyAnimeList | AniList

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Haha that ones definitely an exception :lol: I don't like track suits in real life either :P. I would die happy if we ever see him fighting in a black and white suit!
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

VDenter

Post by VDenter » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:30 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Dragon Ball is better than its vastly more popular counterpart in every way.
This does not even seem controversial in any way. I really liked the Saiyan and Freeza arcs but the story really started getting dumb from that point onward despite introducing some potentially neat ideas to the DB universe.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:31 pm

The Patrolman wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:The Frieza arc (not namek) is probably the worst arc in Dragon Ball Z , espically in the anime

Jk why do you feel that way?
my English is bad i know (I'm spanish btw) :lol:

i don't like it that much because the pacing was bad and the fights weren't that intresting
My English is poor .

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:33 pm

kinisking wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Haha that ones definitely an exception :lol: I don't like track suits in real life either :P. I would die happy if we ever see him fighting in a black and white suit!
it seems I'm the only one who like Gohan's F tracksuit :wtf:
i even bought a tracksuit in real life similar to the one Gohan Wore
My English is poor .

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: And yet... Gohan's F tracksuit isn't appealing? :P
it seems I'm the only one who like Gohan's F tracksuit :wtf:
i even bought a tracksuit in real life similar to the one Gohan Wore
Looking back, if Gohan was Mystic and had his boo saga design I don't think anyone would have disliked him in ROF. I mean he saved krillin and one shotted Shisami so it wasn't like he did nothing but fail.

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:
The Patrolman wrote:
Hyena_Yamcha wrote:The Frieza arc (not namek) is probably the worst arc in Dragon Ball Z , espically in the anime

Jk why do you feel that way?
my English is bad i know (I'm spanish btw) :lol:

i don't like it that much because the pacing was bad and the fights weren't that intresting
I wasn't trying to insult your English. I was trying to imply that I have never seen anyone write that about the Freeza arc at all
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:it seems I'm the only one who like Gohan's F tracksuit :wtf:
You're definitely not. It's my favorite look for Gohan, rivaling his Cell Games one.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Son Gara
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Gara » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:22 am

Nejishiki wrote:
Son Gara wrote:Yamamoto was framed.
He was framed for roughly 30 years? :lol:
exactly :lol:
"I want the guys at Funimation to carry my casket, so they can let me down one last time" - Wezenheim