Favourite movie-exclusive characters

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Favourite movie-exclusive characters

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Who are your favourite movie-exclusive characters?

My number one favourite is Janenba. Despite the obvious parallel to Fat Boo, I always found at least his first form to be a cute and interesting character with whimsical techniques. Second place goes to Tapion, for his character design and backstory. Third is Gogeta, because he's awesome, with his no-nonsense attitude, combo and "Soul Punisher", and I actually like him better than Vegetto.

Fourth is Garlic Jr., for his throwback to the predominantly mystical theme of DB and his connection to Piccolo and the God of Earth. Fifth is Paragus, for his character design and relationship with Broli: he kind of cares about his son and wants to help him control his power, yet also wants to use him for his own means of taking over the universe. I also like Hoi, Broli (only in DBZ Movie #8), and the designs of Bojack and his henchmen.
Last edited by Piccolo Daimao on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Favourite movie-exclusive characters

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I really like Hildegarn, he is like some throw back to old school Toho Co. monsters like Godzilla, Gamera, Mothra, ect. I also agree on Tapion, mainly due to his parallels with Link and Crono.

Also I liked Coola, for the reasons that he is more of a masculine counterpart to Freeza, he doesn't just kill his troops for no reason like his brother and many other cliche villains do and seems to be more sophisticated, such as knowing techniques such Instantaneous movement. He actually seems like someone who earned most of his strength compared to Freeza who probably just born with it.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hades » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 pm

I'd have to second Insertclevername on Cooler, but aside from that, Garlic Jr is one of my favorites, given that he is the only villain to actually become immortal.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Hmm...I don't have any that are a major favorite overall, like I'd list them as a favorite character period, but I am kind of fond of Turles (for representing what Goku might have been like if he hadn't hit his head), Broly (no, I'm not one of the INSANE Broly fans, but I do find a lot of his first movie to be pretty exciting), and both Tapion (for being the only hero that's movie exclusive) and Hildegarn (for being a kaiju callback as Insertclevername mentions).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Minigt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Minigt » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Big fat baby janemba is very cool
Chuncho Stretchy Pants

KiddoCabbusses
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KiddoCabbusses » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:53 pm

I'll toss a coin in for Dr. Wheelo/Willow/W-hatevers from Movie 2. He has to have -some- points given to him for being one of the only Mad Scientists in Z to NOT get offed by his own creations. He was probably the smartest of all the mad scientist villains in the series in that regard. He was also much more ambitious and less petty, plotting world domination over simple revenge, and only letting his emotions get to him when it was very clear he -wasn't- going to be able to possess Goku's body.

Cooler gets second place. Bojack gets third simply because of his pirate attire.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Zangya. Because I love female fighters, especially in DB. Plus that skin color... Mmm....

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Janemba, because of his design and techniques. I liked Tapion too because of the back story that comes with him.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Hero: Tapion
Villian: Janemba

Tapion's design is one of Toriyama's best imo, and Janemba is just plain badass.

Icarus must die. :x

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I really like Doctor Uiro. His entire movie had a great feel and look to it and his design was really unique amongst Dragon Ball characters.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 pm

Gogeta. Hands down. Yeah, GT, I know, not the same character to me. With Tapion as the runner-up.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 am

There's this awesome lizard in The Bojack movie just lingering in the background. I really like him or her for some reason, lol. I think Tarble is my favorite right now.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 am

1.) Cooler
2.) Tapion
3.) Nicki and Ginger(The Dead Zone)
Just three of my favorites but I love all the characters in the Dragonball universe. It's so hard to choose :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:24 am

Cooler, Janemba and Brolli (by design only)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:31 am

Can I say Great Saiyaman 2, or would that be cheating?
The entire concept was an awesome idea by the movie staff, her design is great, and the aiyaman scenes are some of the best parts of movie 13. Definitely my top choice.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Hirudegarn and Broly.

I'm no Broly fanboy, but you gotta admit he looked badass. But not as badass as freaking Hirudegarn.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:15 pm

dprez wrote:Icarus must die. :x
Yeah, I never liked Hire Dragon, and I don't know why Toei expected us to or that they felt a need to waste so much time exploring Gohan's boring relationship with some retarded dragon that was neither cute or funny, just annoying.

Also, why is it that Oozaru Gohan doesn't recognize his father, the man who raised him for the majority of his life, and goes as far to even attack him, but does recognize his pet dragon he'd only met recently and stops beating up Gokuu to play with him? Is it because they're both animals, and therefore have more of a connection? Or were Toei just being retarded again and wanted to endear the little shit more to us? I actually hoped that Tullece had killed him when he fired that blast at him.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:35 pm

Adamant wrote:Can I say Great Saiyaman 2, or would that be cheating?
The entire concept was an awesome idea by the movie staff, her design is great, and the aiyaman scenes are some of the best parts of movie 13. Definitely my top choice.
I always found it strange that they didn't call her Great Saiyawoman.