Dutch Kanzenban release cancelled.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nils_McCloud

Dutch Kanzenban release cancelled.

Post by Nils_McCloud » Mon May 07, 2012 7:56 am

Hello Forum. I have some sad news for the Dutch DB fans.

Over the last three years or so, Glénat, the distributor responsible for Dragon Ball in Belgium and France, has been releasing a Kanzenban release of the manga in those areas.

Their Dutch translations have been running behind the French ones ever since the start of the run. The last one (volume 13, corresponding with the end of the part that got adapted into DB) dates back to last summer. Because of this seeming delay - not uncommon for Glénat, but not to this extent - I decided to contact them. This is what I got back (translated):
Dear Nils,

We're sorry to say issue 13 will be the final release in the series.

Kind regards,
Greet Eskens
Yeah, they just pulled a "UUE" on us. Meanwhile, the French are still getting theirs.

Bah.

sbk
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dutch Kanzenban release cancelled.

Post by sbk » Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 am

Well fuck. I just bought volume 12 and 13 actually. It really sucks being stuck with an imcomplete set. Importing the vizbigs is an option I guess but still. I really wish I would've went with the vizbigs from the start.

Timo
Regular

Post by Timo » Mon May 07, 2012 9:45 am

What a bummer. I bought some volumes when I was on vacation in Belgium last year and I always wanted to buy some more someday. :(

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Called it, to be honest. Well, at least we have the "DB" portion complete, I guess.
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock: