After you pass away, to who will you leave your DB stuff?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

After you pass away, to who will you leave your DB stuff?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 pm

This is a bit of a morbid question but this time comes always in life, I for myself haven't thought who'd I'd possibly leave it for.

Maybe take it with me to the Next World. :lol:
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Re: After you pass away, to who will you leave your DB stuff

Post by DHM211 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Well some day i hope to have a son and leave my dragon ball,z,gt,kai stuff to him. :mrgreen:

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon May 14, 2012 9:44 pm

If I actually do get to the point in life where I do have a family, I'll probably pass it down to the next generation when it comes that time.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

OzzyApu
Beyond Newbie

Post by OzzyApu » Mon May 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Gonstead wrote:If I actually do get to the point in life where I do have a family, I'll probably pass it down to the next generation when it comes that time.
Same. Long ways away, I hope, to allow me to enjoy my DB stuff for as long as I can. Just hope they'd appreciate it as much as I did.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 am

Do you know, that I was thinking about this a week ago? :lol:
I'm not huge DB collector like you guys, but I have lots of anime, Star Wars, Batman and sci-fi things,
lot of collectables or expensive books.
I just thought..... Why the hell I have these things? It's awesome to have your work-room looking like some retarded kid's museum and look on all these things and listing in the books..... but dammit, sometimes I dunno why I have it and what to do with it myself other than looking on it. I tried sometimes out of nostalgia, to pick up some figure and play with it like I enjoyed as a kid...... it didn't work, I didn't know what to do with it :lol:
But I'm not mature enough, I just switched playing with toys for playing games in my free-time outside of work and girlfriend.
Hell I'm 24!!!! Old as hell itself :D

And what when I die??? I don't have damn idea!!! I'm yet to have some kids in far future and I foresee it clearly:
''Why did dad had these shitty toys and stuff, it's only taking space, call for a container''.
But I think that GF will get some things and my little brother who is the second dearest person on this planet to me.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 am

I'll sell everything or pass it to my children or my little bro
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue May 15, 2012 4:15 am

Haha! I've never thought about this.

Uhh, I figure that my hypothetical kid(s) will end up seeing the Dragonball series through my DVDs at some point when they're. If I still even have all this Dragonball stuff when I die, I guess it'll go to whoever wants it. I'm not too particular about it. Doesn't even have to be family. I just hope whoever gets whatever I have appreciates it.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Fin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fin » Tue May 15, 2012 8:49 am

I've got a friend I met in college who's a big enough fan of the series to be interested in owning all the graphic novels, but not quite interested enough to actually purchase them, so assuming he stays at that level I guess I'll leave them to him. Alternatively, I could leave them to a niece, nephew, or godchild.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 am

Leave it for my boyfriend. :>
(Well, actually, it's kind of our shared collection anyway, but ...)
Or, if not that, I guess my family would sell it.

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue May 15, 2012 9:45 am

I'd love to leave them to my hypothetical son or daughter. But who knows, they may end up not liking Dragonball. That's what worries me, because they may end up selling the collection or just give it away.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by medama_oyaji » Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 am

To science!

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue May 15, 2012 10:55 am

I've done already told my closest friends and family that when I die, I want all my DB stuff to be put in my coffin and buried with me.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

With everything you leave behind when you die, I don't think I'm gonna be worried about my DragonBall stuff. Family members will just go to my house and throw out whatever they don't want. My DragonBall stuff will probably be included in that stuff.

Also, by the time I die, hopefully I'll be a really, really old and only have the series on whatever the home video format is at the time.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue May 15, 2012 11:51 am

I want it to burn with me.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 pm

Lol, I have thought about this to myself many times before. My son ( preferably my son, so my seed can be spread xD) will get it all. I want the next generation to enjoy this series like I never was able to, similar to how most parents wish their kids a better life than they had. Enjoy the entirety of Dragon Ball in it's original form from beginning to end! I will also give him a guitar as soon as he's old and strong enough to hold it. :lol:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Tue May 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Either one of my friends (if I'm still in touch with him by then), who is a DB fan, or my future potential girlfriend, to remember me by.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Funny how this was mentioned but at a point in that I was going to kill myself I was going to have a contest on here to give away various items, dragon boxes, daizenshuu kanzenban, etc. Some of it would have gone to a friend too since we would want a Goku or two.
But now that I feel very much alive if i have a family I will give it to them :D

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Well I guess I would leave them to my kids or if my brother has children and I don't I guess they'll get them lol. It's going to be a pain in the ass to have to explain everything though lol. I sure hope Kanzenshuu is around at that time lol.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Pafupafu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pafupafu » Tue May 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Beji wrote:Funny how this was mentioned but at a point in that I was going to kill myself I was going to have a contest on here to give away various items, dragon boxes, daizenshuu kanzenban, etc. Some of it would have gone to a friend too since we would want a Goku or two.
But now that I feel very much alive if i have a family I will give it to them :D

Glad you chose to stick around. You're among friends now so don't think like that again!

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

My coffin will be made of Dragonboxes.