Saban/Konami's proposed purchase of 4Kids' assets

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Re: Saban/Konami's proposed purchase of 4Kids' assets

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm

So where would Konami air the show? Is it still going to air on Toonzai; is it going to some OnDemand channel; what's the deal?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Konami will be working with Saban, so the dubs of Yuugi-Ou! will still air on the block.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

desirecampbell

Re: Konami wins CW and 4kids assets including DBZ

Post by desirecampbell » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Ashura wrote:Just FYI, there's another thread where we've been discussing this whole thing here:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=20630
^_^
Merged.

Anyone have any real details on the deal? I can't seem to find anything specific about "the Dragon Ball agreement terms with Toei Animation and Funimation Productions". I'm assuming this deal would transfer whatever arrangement 4Kids had regarding Dragon Ball, but I didn't think they had anything to do with Dragon Ball. :?

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Anyone have any real details on the deal? I can't seem to find anything specific about "the Dragon Ball agreement terms with Toei Animation and Funimation Productions". I'm assuming this deal would transfer whatever arrangement 4Kids had regarding Dragon Ball, but I didn't think they had anything to do with Dragon Ball. :?
Would this help at all? http://wmish.com/4k/ygo_363/588-2.pdf
Unless I misunderstand and this has already been posted in this topic/that news page.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:52 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Konami will be working with Saban, so the dubs of Yuugi-Ou! will still air on the block.
The 4kids dub? Or will it be a new dub? Because if it's a new uncut dub then hot damn. :D

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm

ringworm128 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Konami will be working with Saban, so the dubs of Yuugi-Ou! will still air on the block.
The 4kids dub? Or will it be a new dub? Because if it's a new uncut dub then hot damn. :D
The dubs produced by 4Kids. Konami now owns them and it'll be a cold day in Hell when they cough up the money to created an different dub of the previous series'.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:24 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:The most important thing here is that if Pokemon's exclusivity contracting is still the norm at 4kids, which is probably is, Yu-gi-oh! just lost it's entire American voice cast.
As I recall every 4kids Pokemon actor confirmed no such thing ever existed.
Visit The Fanboy Review for anime reviews.

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm

MarcFBR wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:The most important thing here is that if Pokemon's exclusivity contracting is still the norm at 4kids, which is probably is, Yu-gi-oh! just lost it's entire American voice cast.
As I recall every 4kids Pokemon actor confirmed no such thing ever existed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naUL66MyiBY

Steward Zagnat (Oak) states outright that they couldn't jump to the Pokemon Company's crew due to their 4kids agreements, though he gives no details as to why.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 am

Watching Toonzai's Kai right now. It still carries the 4Kids logo, no wonder the company cease to exist... yet. KidsCo still has the retribution to air selected Yu-Gi-Oh series even the Dawn of the Duel promo despite 4KAC owns most of the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise operations.

4KAC = 4K Acquisition Corp.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads