Should there have been a couple more arcs in Dragon Ball Z

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Should there have been a couple more arcs in Dragon Ball

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:It still went too far, and while it was nice that Toriyama wasn't so restricted by his editors (the guys that made him change the main villain/s in the Cell arc three times), it seemed as if he just went, "Fuck it, I don't care if this makes sense, I'm just gonna make shit up."
"Made him" is probably a bad choice of words. It was actually more pressure put on by his previous editors that made Toriyama change the antagonists so many times.
OK then, pressure.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Rockette

Post by Rockette » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 pm

IMO the series went on too long. Perhaps it could expand some things is it were simply a manga or other kind of book, but not as an anime. Good God, not as an anime. But if there were some things they could have touched up on, I would like to see more of the Saiyans. And not just the nonsense they retconned to match Goku's quirks. I would have liked to see a slice-of-life episode for everyone, too. It would have fit in nicely in the Saiyaman or Pre-Cell Saga.
A one hour workout is only 4% of your day. No excuses.

mysticboy
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:34 pm

IMO, the Garlic Jr. saga could've been a movie.