What's a good place for Europeans to import US merch?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What's a good place for Europeans to import US merch?

Post by ThunderPX » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Despite being a Dragon Ball fan for over a decade, I only started collecting stuff fairly recently--mostly because there's absolutely zero merchandise available where I live, and importing is kind of difficult and expensive. Between shipping costs and import tax I regularly get screwed over.

That is, except when I used Planet Axel. They were always insanely cheap and they even shipped from within the EU to avoid that nasty import tax. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have worked out too well for them...

So now my question is, does anyone have an alternative online shop where I, not to mention other people outside the US, can get our DB fix without seriously shelling out?
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock:

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Re: What's a good place for Europeans to import US merch?

Post by songohan619 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Amazon.com, Ebay.com and Amazon.co.uk

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

^ What he said.

I've imported all of my FUNimation Dragon Boxes Z, DBZ Kai Blu-rays and YYH S1 + S2 BD to Europe via Amazon and it always came through without worrying about customs or anything.

Never used PlanetAxel but for the price they were selling Kai Part 8 I'd rather buy from Amazon.com themselves then, I actually bought it from an Amazon UK marketplace seller named all_your_music. The package came secured and brand new sealed, wouldn't expect anything else, really.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 am

I'm using Amazon and EBay.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:54 pm

I use amazon.com or amazon.ca It really depends on what the import tax fees are in Holland to advise you but u might look at a company called United Publications they ship a lot of things into the UK and are willing to ship to EU so you wouldn't have to pay import taxes.

LiamKav
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by LiamKav » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:01 am

Play.com also have a few US DVDs. I remember being extrememly annoyed when I first realised that FUNi had stopped putting region 2 support on their DVDs. I end up plugging my laptop in to the TV and using DVDFab Passkey. At least the Blu-rays work natively...