How much do you spend yearly with FUNimation's DB products?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

How much do you spend yearly with FUNimation's DB products?

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Dragon Box Z: Dragon Ball Z - Each box cost me around £30 so in total, 210 pounds. (2009-2011)
Dragon Ball Z Kai Blu-rays more or less about £17 so, 136 pounds. (2010-2012)
Dragon Ball GT Affliction DVD used from Zoverstocks for 2 pounds. (2011)

348 pounds to euros 431 and dollars 542.

Not really too much spent now that I think of it since there's loads of users here whom went beyond £1000/€1000/$1000 with DB content.

Still waiting for Dragon Box Dragon Ball, Dragon Box Dragon Ball GT, Dragon Box The Movies, Dragon Ball OVAs 2008-2011 on BD by FUNimation.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

penguintruth
Banned

Re: How much do you spend yearly with FUNimation's DB produc

Post by penguintruth » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:48 pm

So far I haven't spent any money on DB-related products, Funimation or otherwise, this year.

This might change at Otakon, though, if I find some neat stuff.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 pm

I normally only buy the DVD sets and didn't go in for the blu-rays in case what happened did happen . Though I do have a few figures I would say I spent probably about 40-60 pounds this year so not an awful lot. I never spent a lot all at once even on the Dragon Boxes as I just got them as Funimation released them. Kai hasn't caught me so until they announce a new NA Dragon Box release I doubt I will spend much more than I have this year. Normal years I would say I spend perhaps 80-100 but not much more than that.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Well aside from the Dragon Boxes at the end of last year, maybe about $100 toward Dragon Ball goods. For FUNimation specifically, only like $25 so far. It was the steel book Trunks and Bardock Double Feature.

enapace
Beyond Newbie

Post by enapace » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 pm

dprez wrote:Well aside from the Dragon Boxes at the end of last year, maybe about $100 toward Dragon Ball goods. For FUNimation specifically, only like $25 so far. It was the steel book Trunks and Bardock Double Feature.
Not got the movies?

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 pm

This year so far...

$50 for Part's 1 - 3 of Kai
$17 for Broly Triple Pack DVD
$38 for Kai part 6
$38 for Kai part 7
$38 for Level 1.1
$38 for Level 1.2
$50 for Z Season 6
$30 for Z Season 7
$50 for GT Season 1

So far this year I've spent $349 on DB related stuff not counting action figures.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm

More than I'm proud of.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Ater getting all of DB, and DBZ, not so much. This year, about $20 on Kai volume 5. Funimation products not DB though, quite a bit.

BrodieK41

Post by BrodieK41 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:33 pm

In the past year, I've spent;

$31.00 (Dragon Box Five)
$24.00 (Dragon Box Six)
$31.00 (Dragon Box Seven)
$45.00 (DBZ Movie Collection I, II, III)

That makes it $132 I've spent on Dragon Ball related stuff this year. Not as high as I thought it would be.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 am

I used to have a hobby of collecting DB DVD's. I don't know why. I think I had every fucking DB release FUNimation has put out. But, that ended this year, I actually sold my DB DVD book. Now I just have the FUNimation DBZ DragonBox set, DragonBox: The Movies (singles), and a few scattered releases.

I don't wanna know how much I spent on those things!

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 pm

For this year:
DBZ Kai Part 4 on Bluray- $35
Kai Part 6 Bluray- $15
Kai Part 7 Blouray- $12
So that's... $62 so far. Not too bad.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Me....$0.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92