Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:44 pm

MCDaveG wrote:BTW. is Trunks' Story in the manga drawn by Toriyama??
Yes.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Fucking hell! No news, just speculation. Spunk this shit! :evil:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Fucking hell! No news, just speculation. Spunk this shit! :evil:
Andrew: I've got news for you.

Mike: Whaaaat?

Andrew: There's no more Dragon Ball cartoons being made.

Mike: NOOOOOO!

Andrew: It's official! I've just decided this.

Mike: Fantastic.

But seriously, I'm just as frustrated as you are. Especially when all of the discussions are about power levels and Gohan's hair.

I even made a post about it in another thread. :P

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Tenshinhan may have the Kikoho, but Kuririn has the Kienzan. :P He wins as far as killer techniques go.

And the Kikoho kind of sucks anyway.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:49 pm

I don't see any problem with Kuririn being considered the strongest human. Tenshinhan only LOOKS stronger and he uses more powerful techniques, but those techniques also drain his life force. And as other people have pointed out, looks can be deceiving, especially in Dragon Ball. Kuririn is officially the strongest human, and that's the end of it. I only have a problem if they ever state that anyone is stronger than Uub, but as far as I can see, everyone always uses the Buu arc as the final staple and the "Uub arc" as an extra.
Dragon Ball Heroes Character Cards
Now updated into more manageable lists. Please let me know if I missed someone.

keikuro

Post by keikuro » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi again! These are my last drawings in relation with Battle of Gods. I've already post Bils and Videl, now it's the turn of Gohan and Yamcha :)

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fulicer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm

keikuro wrote:Hi again! These are my last drawings in relation with Battle of Gods. I've already post Bils and Videl, now it's the turn of Gohan and Yamcha :)
"Your" drawings? I guess I missed your previous posts while I was browsing this thread. Some incredible stuff here; wish I could draw like that.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:33 pm

lol Your drawings are epic! Get your party started Yamucha, how does Gohan lose that much hair 2-5 years after the events of Buu?

Tough luck, receding hairlines.

Yamcha looks a bit weird (new design), he no good in white.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:17 pm

The news will pick back up again once all the magazines come back from their end-of-the-year holiday break/vacation. The lull in the action is frustrating though, I agree.

Edit:
This is a situation I'm happy to have been mistaken.
It may not be plot-related, but it's finalized versions of the movie tie-in toys as shown at Jump Festa '13, and that counts for something.
Source: http://ameblo.jp/watana-blog/image-1143 ... 44411.html
Last edited by Chuquita on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm

keikuro, I love when new media comes around and we get to see your behind the scenes posts. Do you mind if I save these and use them for coloring practice?
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanos wrote:Yes, I understand Saichoro "unlocked his dormant power"... but did it really do that much? I would say no. At no point was there a noticeable jump in his power. He would still get his ass kicked by Freeza's henchmen or Vegeta.
That's... kind of based on nothing. All those people could kill Tenshinhan as well.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Karasai
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Karasai » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: I think he's most likely to grow hair, because long hair and no eyebrows (which he doesn't have anyway being a cat) always makes you super powerful, regardless of the species. =P

This to this:

I would totally love to see this happening.

Ringworm128
I Live Here

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:00 am

If the movie ends up being a disappointment we will at least have that Vegeta figure.
Retired from forum discussion.
[Avatar by Ei_Flow]

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:58 pm

I think I love that Bils figure the most, second belonging to the bizarre expression-ed Vegeta figure.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

TRL
Beyond Newbie

Post by TRL » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Guys I drew these sketches when all we had was the poster and the trailer. I wanted to make a guess what the side view of Birusu would look like and also try to do a front view more akin to Toriyama's sketch. I didn't like how the animators portrayed Birusu so far. Especially had conflicts with the orientation of his ears being too rabbit like, jaw line and his eyes being bulges like Babidi's. He's actually not squinting, the bulges are his extended eyesockets, browridges. I did some research since I actually looked at several front and side pics of naked cats. :)

I think the main problem is, that this time the animators don't have a full manga to go by just a couple of concept sketches by Toriyama. It doesn't help that his face isn't like anything in dragonball so far.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:48 pm

keikuro wrote:Hi again! These are my last drawings in relation with Battle of Gods. I've already post Bils and Videl, now it's the turn of Gohan and Yamcha :)
Yamcha's eyes are supposed to be enclosed.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: The figures

The Vegeta figure is by far my favorite of the group due to that uncharacteristic grin and pose. My two main guesses currently for him are either, like someone mentioned earlier, Bulma surprises him with the announcement that she's pregnant and they're going to have a daughter; or the other guess that he's acting that way because of something magic-related that Birusu or Uisu does to him. I also think it's interesting that he's wearing his Buu arc outfit as opposed to the Cell one he wears in the trailer and poster.

Re: Birusu's design

The other day I actually did some research about the breed of cat Birusu is based off of. I was surprised. Turns out the sphynx cat originally came from 1960's Canada. From the name I'd have guessed ancient Egypt. While Birusu does have some exaggerations in his design, if you search on youtube for sphynx cat, you'll see it's pretty close.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:13 pm

@keikuro

Those drawings are fantastic!

Rukura
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm

RE: Kuririn vs Tenshinhan
Whenever I compare Kuririn and Tenshinhan in my head, I see "guy who's signiture technique was broken by Cell('s neck)" vs "guy who held down Cell and blasted away one of Boo's attacks". Is there really any competition there? And regarding the Kikoho draining the user's life force...I fail to see where that makes Kuririn stronger than Tenshinhan. (And I'm not even much of a fan of Tenshinhan compared to Kuririn lol)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:56 pm

The Kienzan against Cell's neck was filler wasn't it?
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3