Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:56 pm

VegettoEX wrote:As per the norm, Julian will pick up the magazine on his way to work this morning (which is our early evening), and we will tag-team the translations of information with multiple news posts in a row where appropriate. All you need to do is stay tuned to the main page here at Kanzenshuu!
Thanks VegettoEX! I can't wait :D
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

You know, V Jump could just be referring to Goku as a Super Saiyan God and there is no new form at all.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:59 pm

kei17 wrote:Official parody by a soccer team named Albirex Niigata:

http://m.cinematoday.jp/page/N0050446
Is it strange that I like the parody poster better? The layout even looks better as a soccer movie poster. (Well, aside from I don't think you're allowed to use your hands against another player in soccer like that, but that's just nit-picking on my part.)

Also, changing Uisu to a referee descending from the heavens is hilarious.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

Avenged wrote:You know, V Jump could just be referring to Goku as a Super Saiyan God and there is no new form at all.
Yeah, that's why I'm more or less just waiting with baited breath to see what the deal is, and trying not to jump to conclusions.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

So :

Goku has ssj4 or ssj god
Gohan has mystic
Gotenks has ssj3

Vegeta has ssj2 ? A slap in the face for all Vegeta fans if you ask me (unless Toriyama gives him ssj3 wich i don't see why not cause if he can make up a new form for Goku why not give Vegeta an already established one ?)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Vegeta's got ssj3 in a couple videogames (and he had Majin in Buu), so depending on your personal canon that kinda counts?

I would like to see Vegeta get a special power-up, but I feel like every time he gets one he lets his ego overtake his strategy skills.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Chuquita wrote:Vegeta's got ssj3 in a couple videogames (and he had Majin in Buu), so depending on your personal canon that kinda counts?

I would like to see Vegeta get a special power-up, but I feel like every time he gets one he lets his ego overtake his strategy skills.
I know he has it in games but i'm talking about the main manga story wich the movie is part of and from what i understand the Majin seal was to contol him but as we know it failed miserably

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama still sees Vegeta as being too much of an asshole to deserve any special treatment, espicially after the tone of his final panel in Kanzenban volume #34.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm

"Super Saiyan God" is meaningless, since as it's clearly established Goku is already much more powerful than gods. It's probably just a colorful turn of phrase.

Anyway, if Goku becomes too powerful in this movie, it'll make training Uub seem pretty damn pointless, won't it?
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm

sintzu wrote:So :

Goku has ssj4 or ssj god
Gohan has mystic
Gotenks has ssj3

Vegeta has ssj2 ? A slap in the face for all Vegeta fans if you ask me (unless Toriyama gives him ssj3 wich i don't see why not cause if he can make up a new form for Goku why not give Vegeta an already established one ?)
Gohan's mystic form doesn't seem to count anymore, so it's not like Vegeta fans are the only ones getting a slap in the face.

Besides, Vegeta is the only Z Fighter who has prior knowledge of Bils. He won't be "useless" in the film.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama still sees Vegeta as being too much of an asshole to deserve any special treatment, espicially after the tone of his final panel in Kanzenban volume #34.
he made him that way so that shouldn't be any reason not to give him any new form like the other saiyans and what tone are you talking about ?

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:19 pm

penguintruth wrote:"Super Saiyan God" is meaningless, since as it's clearly established Goku is already much more powerful than gods. It's probably just a colorful turn of phrase.

Anyway, if Goku becomes too powerful in this movie, it'll make training Uub seem pretty damn pointless, won't it?
Good point! I never thought about that. :?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 pm

sintzu wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama still sees Vegeta as being too much of an asshole to deserve any special treatment, espicially after the tone of his final panel in Kanzenban volume #34.
he made him that way so that shouldn't be any reason not to give him any new form like the other saiyans and what tone are you talking about ?
Vegeta was scowling rather fouly in the final panel of Kanzenban volume #34. Hardly the sort of face he'd have if his relationship with Gokuu had become more of a friendly rivalry.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 pm

penguintruth wrote:Anyway, if Goku becomes too powerful in this movie, it'll make training Uub seem pretty damn pointless, won't it?
Not if, like I suspect, it's just a temporary power-up of some sort and Goku's back to normal by the end of the film. :think:
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Kaboom wrote:
penguintruth wrote:Anyway, if Goku becomes too powerful in this movie, it'll make training Uub seem pretty damn pointless, won't it?
Not if, like I suspect, it's just a temporary power-up of some sort and Goku's back to normal by the end of the film. :think:
It's Dragon Ball, though, there's never anything 'too powerful'.
She/Her
bisexual milf

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
sintzu wrote:So :

Goku has ssj4 or ssj god
Gohan has mystic
Gotenks has ssj3

Gohan's mystic form doesn't seem to count anymore

Besides, Vegeta is the only Z Fighter who has prior knowledge of Bils. He won't be "useless" in the film.
we don't know that for sure he could just use ssj first before mystic

if he dosen't get ssj3 he will be in terms of fighting power cause i don't think ssj2 can even scratch Bils

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Vegeta was scowling rather fouly in the final panel of Kanzenban volume #34. Hardly the sort of face he'd have if his relationship with Gokuu had become more of a friendly rivalry.
he's like that with his own family

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

So how much will toei suck on Goku this time. Definitely they won't do that as much as in GT. Seems like from what I've seen + the nerfing of Gohan (which may be the SSJ over mystic theory but I doubt it), should be around wrath of dragon level even with toriyama having a part in it.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

That_Saiya-Jin_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by That_Saiya-Jin_Guy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:36 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:So how much will toei suck on Goku this time. Definitely they won't do that as much as in GT. Seems like from what I've seen + the nerfing of Gohan (which may be the SSJ over mystic theory but I doubt it), should be around wrath of dragon level even with toriyama having a part in it.

I take it you don't like Goku and that you're a big fan of Gohan

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Vegeta was scowling rather fouly in the final panel of Kanzenban volume #34.
what is the differences between the kanzenban and normal volumes in terms of story ? cause that Vegeta line wasen't in the normal volumes