Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 am

Totally agree with that logic. If SSJ3 Goku isn't enough, SSJ3 Vegeta isn't enough. The only reason to then bring in SSJ3 Vegeta would be to have them fuse into SSJ3 Gogeta. That just becomes a combination of (1) ridiculous nonsense, and (2) we already know this "Super Saiyan God" form is going to be the highlight.

Pretty sure we can rule out SSJ3 Vegeta.

(End credits roll. Cue stinger: SSJ3 Broly for next movie.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:32 am

Cold Skin wrote:
sintzu wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote: there's been next to no indicator that Vegeta's going Super Saiyan 3
there isn't any for mystic gohan ether and the only way we found out was by watanabe's twitter so maby he's going to be shown in the movie only like super saiyan god and mystic gohan
Having Vegeta turn against him would still make him completely and utterly powerless, which would essentially make his new form a non-event. I don't think the staff would introduce a new form just to immediately show that it's disappointing and useless.
i agree with almost evrething you said but this

cause ssj2 in buu saga was powerless compared to buu and ssj3 but that didn't stop toryama from giving it to him so he could do the same here by giving him ssj3
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 am

Cold Skin wrote:
sintzu wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote: there's been next to no indicator that Vegeta's going Super Saiyan 3
there isn't any for mystic gohan ether and the only way we found out was by watanabe's twitter so maby he's going to be shown in the movie only like super saiyan god and mystic gohan
Super Saiyan God - which just by its cleverly-chosen name inspires respect as the supreme Super Saiyan form that will ever exist, with no possibility for any higher form even in the future. Any number (Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...) is insignificant compared to the notion "GOD" as the indicator of comparison.
unless ssjg is teemperory

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 am

SS2 was given to Vegeta before it was shown to be useless, though. It would be weird to give it to him here.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 am

VegettoEX wrote:
(End credits roll. Cue stinger: SSJ3 Broly for next movie.)
broly will be like nothing if ssjg isn't temporary

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am

Saiga wrote:It would be weird to give it to him here.
not if they do it to make his power on par with mystic gohan and ssj3 gotenks cause leving him with just ssj2 will make him very useless compared to them and ssjg goku

not to mention all the $$$$$ the movie will make if they promote it with him as ssj3 + goku's new ssjg

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 am

Whoa, what's goin' on here? :?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 am

sintzu wrote:
not if they do it to make his power on par with mystic gohan and ssj3 gotenks cause leving him with just ssj2 will make him very useless compared to them and ssjg goku

not to mention all the $$$$$ the movie will make if they promote it with him as ssj3 + goku's new ssjg
It wouldn't matter if he's on par with them or even stronger. They're all just there to get beaten up by Bils.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DannyDBZfanforever
Beyond Newbie

Post by DannyDBZfanforever » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 am

Very long I do not post anything in this forum, but my suspicions were true. The Producers will bring a new transformation that overcomes the power of a super saiyan 3. Will this new transformation,the next transformation and this transformation will make we forget the events in Dragon Ball GT (Golden Oozaru - super saiyan 4?).

Current Sequence: SS1 - SS1 GRADE 2 - SS1 GRADE 3 - SS1 Full Power - SS2 - SS3 - Golden Ooozaru - SS4

After the movie: SS1 - SS1 GRADE 2 - SS1 GRADE 3- SS1 Full Power - SS2 - SS3 - SS God Form???

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:47 am

MCDaveG wrote:Whoa, what's goin' on here? :?
Random stuff as usual. :lol:

On topic, If Vegeta were to reach SSJ3 I'm sure the track list would have given us some sort of hint.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:48 am

Saiga wrote:
sintzu wrote:

It wouldn't matter if he's on par with them or even stronger. They're all just there to get beaten up by Bils.
it would still be epic if he transformed

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote:
MCDaveG wrote:Whoa, what's goin' on here? :?
If Vegeta were to reach SSJ3 I'm sure the track list would have given us some sort of hint.
it kind of does

track 24 (Vegeta Enraged)
track 10 (Super Saiyan 3′s Power)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 am

When you put them in that order, yeah. But they're not in that order, and have several tracks separating them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:58 am

Cold Skin wrote:
sintzu wrote:
The only benefit of seeing Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta would be just that: to see him. After that, you would just witness his complete defeat compared to the main hero reaching an infinately better, supreme form.
from the tack list it doesn't sound like the form will be enogh to take down bilis

track 31 (Super Saiyan God is Born)
track 32 (Super Saiyan God’s Power)
track 33 (Goku in Trouble)

so i think vegeta raching ssj3 wown't be uslese after all
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

Saiga wrote:When you put them in that order, yeah. But they're not in that order, and have several tracks separating them.
making it a hint cause if they wre in thet order thet would be a confirmation

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:10 am

But to went into discussion topic that I don't like.
By terminology, SSJ4 is 4th SSJ level, but! Technically, it is form of it's own, the perequisites is having tail and undergo different transformation process trough Golden Oozaru to reach SSJ4.
So you don't go trough SSJ, 2 and 3 to reach it. So by my GT fan-canon, SSJ God doesn't mean necessarily outclassing the SSj4 and also, we don't have any details yet, SSJG can be also form of it's own, without any relation to SSJ grades.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 am

sintzu wrote:
Saiga wrote:When you put them in that order, yeah. But they're not in that order, and have several tracks separating them.
making it a hint cause if they wre in thet order thet would be a confirmation
Kaiō in a Panic
HERO (Goku’s Curiosity)
Super Saiyan 3′s Power

That's the order they go in, and to me it's describing Goku when he's on Kaios planet.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

sintzu, I think you need to slow down, think about what you type, and (most importantly) use the "Edit" button instead of creating strings several posts long that are all a couple sentence-fragments each.

Consider this a friendly warning.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 am

I feel sorry for Vegeta. He is currently the weakest Saiyan. Goku is gonna get Super Saiyan God, Gohan is the Mightiest Warrior, and Goten & Trunks have Fusion + Super Saiyan 3. And he is still a Super Saiyan 2...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Vegeta witnessed Super Saiyan 3 form for himself and two-years later after Pure Boo's death where Battle of Gods takes place. I'm not sure Vegeta could learn something new in two-years.