Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 am

It makes you wonder why they went through all the effort to give them new designs...only to make them do nothing.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 am

ringworm128 wrote:I'm guessing they use music similar to the scores heard in EOB and PTETS (2010).
It's actually very different. It's close to Sumitomo's other works like this: http://youtu.be/-_Ev2QWYxBI

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:10 am

Insertclevername wrote:It makes you wonder why they went through all the effort to give them new designs...only to make them do nothing.
Maybe that was compensation? They don't do anything, but they get sweet new threads?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:12 am

Insertclevername wrote:It makes you wonder why they went through all the effort to give them new designs...only to make them do nothing.
Maybe it was because they do nothing,or something? "Sorry guys, they still don't do squat, but hey, we spiffed 'em up for ya!"

Ack, I be ninja-ed. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:13 am

Honestly, I didn't expect them to do much given how powerful the new threat is. Now, Uisu on the other hand...

What makes it all the more irritating is the fact that it's a relatively short movie; only 85 minutes. There's like, at least another 15 minutes of movie left that they could've used to elaborate on who or what he is...the-the poster and, argh!

Oh, and anyone else curious about how much of the footage from the first trailer was retained for the final cut of film?

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 am

batistabus wrote:Maybe that was compensation? They don't do anything, but they get sweet new threads?
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Maybe it was because they do nothing,or something? "Sorry guys, they still don't do squat, but hey, we spiffed 'em up for ya!"
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Honestly, I didn't expect them to do much. Now, Uisu on the other hand...
Yeah, but....they look so cool! :cry: :lol:
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 am

Since everyone has the same idea on it, I for one am considering that the reason unless we hear otherwise. :lol:

And I am glad for their new looks even if that's all that they bring to the film. Especially Kuririn's, obviously. :P
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 am

I recommend those who care about how the new score goes with DB watch this video. It's not far from this.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: The thing that's going to irk me the most I think is the background people still not being utilized apparently. Couldn't they have finally done something where we had some kind of minions in the movie that are tough, but only so much so that Kuririn and the others each get a shot at glory? That's all I'm asking is something like that, Toei, I'm not asking for them to suddenly be relevant again.
This, by the looks of it, it's going to be a Goku/Vegeta movie only. Really wish the other fighters had a time to shine. Still glad Piccolo fought, even a little as it seems.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:32 am

kei17 wrote:I recommend those who care about how the new score goes with DB watch this video. It's not far from this.

Emmm... Guys....

Listen to this and compare it to Sumitomos's, not the one that's quoted here but the other one that kei posted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPddlXTIJI

SAME PERCUSSION! o.O Can't we ever get a rest? xD
Last edited by Black_Liger on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

kei17 wrote:I recommend those who care about how the new score goes with DB watch this video. It's not far from this.
Hmm...I actually think I can work with this. It's no Kikuchi obviously, but it works well enough IMO.
Twitter

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am

Please ignore this one, tried to edit the other but but failed horribly xd
Black_Liger wrote:

Emmm... Guys....

Listen to this and compare it to Sumitomo's not the one that's quoted here, the other one that kei posted!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 am

Black_Liger wrote:Listen to this and compare it to Sumitomos's, not the one that's quoted here but the other one that kei posted!

I guess it's just that they used the same sound fonts or sampling CD. You're too sensitive about plagiarism.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Hmm...I actually think I can work with this. It's no Kikuchi obviously, but it works well enough IMO.
Yeah, as long as it's not like the music from the original Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans (ugh) I'm all good. :)

EDIT: More than 300 of my posts are from this thread alone...hmmm. :roll:
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 am

kei17 wrote:
Black_Liger wrote:Listen to this and compare it to Sumitomos's, not the one that's quoted here but the other one that kei posted!

I guess it's just that they used the same sound fonts or sampling CD. You're too sensitive about plagiarism.
Nah, I like how it sounds, just seems kinda lazy. it's not even mixed too well and stands out from the actual composition, I've heard some people re using some percussive sampled sequences, but actually making them blend nicely. I think it sounds cool, but it's like it's thrown in there just to fill space. xD

And now that I'm finishing the video you gave us, I detected another Sampled Percussion sequence, I've heard it before, in Kai and Sora No Otoshimono, the hyped fast percussion when Gohan pierces Bojack. (I can be wrong though)

This guy loves his samples that's for sure.

Is the music from the film atleast a little more orchestra heavy? D:

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 am

Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 am

WJ 16's cover advertises BOG, but nothing's listed in the TOC or next-week-preview: http://www.imagebam.com/image/1abf19242944290
All I know that's inside atm is that next Toriyama question.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Master Turbo

Post by Master Turbo » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:00 am

The Jackal wrote:I quite like the idea of Goku given it he's all, achieving a new form of power, but still losing and admitting defeat; it's much better than the tired "Goku saves the day" again. If anything, it shows Goku is "human", and is capable of being defeated, even when at the top of his game. Hats off the writer.
Reminds me exactly of Yusuke vs Yomi from YYH.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:08 am

I'm probably wrong, but my super-rough translation of the new Toriyama question is "Why was this era selected?" (I guess by way of why would they choose the point in time of 'several years after Buu is defeated' as the setting for the movie?).

No matter what reason he gives, I'm actually happy they chose whichever of several years this could possibly be as their setting; the 10 years in-between Buu and Uub is my favorite unknown-contents era. I do wish they'd made Goten, Trunks, and Dende look a little older though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!