Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: Mystery Shounen JUMP countdown

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 am

Okay, that must be Shenlong!
Thanks.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 am

kei17 wrote:The site has changed a little bit and now you can see some silhouette looks like Shenlong.. Damn, do I really have to eat my pants?! :lol:
Like everyone else, I can feel my excitement boiling over. It's a bit more of a rush than I'd normally have in this situation because I actually managed to keep my expectations at zero for once, and now it's skyrocketed thanks to almost-guaranteed-to-be-Shenlong's silhouette.

PS. I want photographic proof. But I'll let you get away with shorts instead of pants... =P
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:15 am

O.....kaaaaay?

So here we are, all going "Oh I'm sure it has nothing to do with DB, we are all sensible and understand that the chances are really small " and then they do this......

I just hope that if it IS DB related, it really is going to be something big like a movie and not a new game or little manga special.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:18 am

Michsi wrote:O.....kaaaaay?

So here we are, all going "Oh I'm sure it has nothing to do with DB, we are all sensible and understand that the chances are really small " and then they do this......

I just hope that if it IS DB related, it really is going to be something big like a movie and not a new game or little manga special.
I highly doubt it would be a game announcement, as we're already getting Dragon Ball for Kinect and the Budokai HD collection this year.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 am

I'm hoping it's the Buu arc in one long completely reanimated movie.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:24 am

Codarik wrote:I'm hoping it's the Buu arc in one long completely reanimated movie.

I've been thinking about this too. I mean , personally I hope not, because I'd prefer a new story, but this does make sense.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:24 am

Codarik wrote:I'm hoping it's the Buu arc in one long completely reanimated movie.
Noooo! You've set my hopes up far too high!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:25 am

...I'd rather have NEW content.

Maybe make a story out of some of the stuff Heroes has introduced us to, or give me the DBO final fight between Goku and Vegeta. Both unlikely, but I'd kill for the last one. lol

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:29 am

God this is just great..I really need to go to bed it's 2:30 in the morning but now I can't :( :lol: I'm hoping for an hour long special with the stories behind Dragonball Online. And I can't wait ti'll this comes out that way people can rip it apart like Episode of Bardock :lol:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Storm101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Storm101 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:32 am

Doesn't the fact that's from Shounen JUMP mean it's likely a manga?

I'll continue to hope for new DB chapters drawn and written by AT himself until the day he dies :D

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:38 am

It's obviously a reanimating of Goku's Traffic Safety into a four hour epic, a collaboration between Toei and Studio Bones.

Music by Nathan Johnson.

Or maybe it's that live-action Dr. Slump movie that nobody's been waiting for ever.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 am

I'm expecting a Dragon Ball IOS game. Nothing more.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:48 am

kei17 wrote:I forgot to mention that the movie is going be released in 2013 according to the rumor. But again, I highly doubt that it happens. If it really does, I'll eat my pants, wander around my city wearing Goku's dougi, and draw a doujinshi featuring DB girls.
I have screen capped this, Kei. You'll have to post pictures too.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:48 am

Why would Shueshia be counting down to a video game reveal? That's Scamco's job.

Maybe that rumor of Toriyama doing a new DB manga to be serialized worldwide is real !?! Maybe it's a new movie that has heavy Toriyama involvement like those Naruto and One Piece movies?
Last edited by Super Sayian Prime on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am

I haven't been this excited since the announcement of Kai.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 am

Oh god. It's Hoshi... :wink:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 am

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Why would Shueshia be counting down to a video game reveal? That's Scamco's job.

Maybe that rumor of Toriyama doing a new DB manga to be serialized worldwide is real !?! Maybe it's a new movie that has heavy Toriyama involvement like those Naruto and One Piece movies?
Where did you hear/read this rumor?

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:58 am

sangofe wrote:
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:Why would Shueshia be counting down to a video game reveal? That's Scamco's job.

Where did you hear/read this rumor?
It was an old one from before SD began running.

Edit: So I dug around the flash file (I added a drop shadow to make it more apparent):

There's no doubt that's Shenron.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:40 am

Hopes are officially sky-high now.

I really hope it's new content (whatever it is), but I'll settle with a Buu arc movie if it's that. Though, thb, movies that tried to condense an entire arc in one movie is tricky business. They'll have to skip through a tone of stuff or rush things at an unpleasant pace.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 am

Is it sad that I'm singing Rock the Dragon to myself as I get more and more hyped? xD