Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Instead having Goku kill him then maybe they can have everyone kill him off. I think it be nice to see have someone help out as well. One thing liked about Movie 10 was that Gohan and Goten both together killed off Broli instead just one character.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:31 pm

soulnova wrote:xD I forgot about that one. That damn kiss almost doomed the world. LOL.
Doesn't matter, had s...cheek kiss. Eh, you gotta start somewhere, and Krillin's been out of the game for a long time, Maron aside. :lol:
soulnova wrote:And yes, I think they should kiss... even if its not a passionate one, I would love a simple kiss. Given this is DBZ, it would be huge either way.
Yeah. I'm not expecting like anything 'hot', and I wouldn't really want that in an official production either. I just want something a little more than what we've gotten thus far. Gohan is the most 'normal' hero to be shown getting with someone too, so it makes sense for it to come with him and Videl.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I doubt we'll get an romancin', sadly. If Toriyama really is the one writing the plot then you can expect nothin' that like. :(

Although I would like it if Birusu wound up being the next antagonist turned good guy. It's been a while since we had one of those (like...Piccolo? Vegeta's a bastard up through the battle with Pure Boo so I'm not sure he really counts as much as Piccolo would).
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm

What does Goten's character profile say?!

Also, I see a li'l bow tie on himmmmm...

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Although I would like it if Birusu wound up being the next antagonist turned good guy. It's been a while since we had one of those (like...Piccolo? Vegeta's a bastard up through the battle with Pure Boo so I'm not sure he really counts as much as Piccolo would).
What about #18? Or Mr. Buu?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Gohan needs to just give Videl a quick peck on the cheek and apologize for having to run out on their wedding just after the vows to go save the city as Saiyaman (even though Birusu had already previously interrupted the party, whenever that was), only to have her chase after him in the Saiyaman II suit. Little bit of romance, more typical DB adventure, with a bit of a throwback to Goku and Chi Chi's leaving together on Kinto-un.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:52 pm

I remember the main villain in the jump special end up being good? I really don't want another villain becoming good since I think we had enough characters turning good. I like having villains stay as villains. One thing I give Toei credit for in GT is that they didn't create a reincarnation for Super Yi Xing Long unlike what happen with Buu and Piccolo.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:53 pm

We have all of the "mysteries" translated and up. Nothing too spectacular.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:56 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Gohan needs to just give Videl a quick peck on the cheek and apologize for having to run out on their wedding just after the vows to go save the city as Saiyaman (even though Birusu had already previously interrupted the party, whenever that was), only to have her chase after him in the Saiyaman II suit. Little bit of romance, more typical DB adventure, with a bit of a throwback to Goku and Chi Chi's leaving together on Kinto-un.
Doing it that way would work too, I could live with that...for the most part. Maybe actually seeing the wedding, or most of it at least, is a little unrealistic to hope for.
Hellspawn28 wrote:One thing I give Toei credit for in GT is that they didn't create a reincarnation for Super Yi Xing Long unlike what happen with Buu and Piccolo.
They didn't do that, but there was um...crap. I'm drawing a blank on his original name, but Nova Shenron, the 4-star Dragon. He turned good, and I feel like if GT had continued past that arc, they would have found some way to keep him around as a new villain-turned-hero.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Bussani wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Although I would like it if Birusu wound up being the next antagonist turned good guy. It's been a while since we had one of those (like...Piccolo? Vegeta's a bastard up through the battle with Pure Boo so I'm not sure he really counts as much as Piccolo would).
What about #18? Or Mr. Buu?
Er...uh...they...uh...don't count. Because pants.

Yeah, no, you're totally right. Wow, Jacob. I was so focused on 'main villains' and earlier characters (I'm currently re-watching the 1986 series) I totally forgot about the others. Ack.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:They didn't do that, but there was um...crap. I'm drawing a blank on his original name, but Nova Shenron, the 4-star Dragon.
"4-Star Dragon" actually is his original name, though they call him that in Mandarin: Si Xing Long. It matches the quasi-Chinese name used for the 4-Star Ball, Si Xing Qiu.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 pm

I hate the new hairstyle they gave Videl. The new out fit looks great but the hair looks awful.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:58 pm

For me the promotional campaign's best image is this new Toribot image (is it drawn by Ooishi?).

I also love the back page of the pamphlet with the collage behind the letters of Dragonball. Would have been neat if they were in chronological order by still amazing! Also like the nice Shenron icon they're using on the movies site too. Lot of good work with this film...

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:For me the promotional campaign's best image is this new Toribot image (is it drawn by Ooishi?).
Looks like Toriyama's; it's got his signature at the bottom.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:40 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I also love the back page of the pamphlet with the collage behind the letters of Dragonball. Would have been neat if they were in chronological order by still amazing!
Wow, it would probably take forever to recreate that and maybe make a wallpaper out of it, but I would like to try or just plant the idea for someone else to give it ago.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:32 pm

B wrote:Wow, it would probably take forever to recreate that and maybe make a wallpaper out of it, but I would like to try or just plant the idea for someone else to give it ago.
Good idea, I'll wait for that too. My 230 Dragon Ball wallpapers are not enough xD

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm now at a lecture meeting of the anime industry, and the speaker said that Fox would distribute Battle of Gods because Toei is planning on international screenings.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 pm

I will be ok with that as long as Fox doesn't do this. http://youtu.be/aQDz7-txHbE?t=3m5s

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:53 pm

kei17 wrote:I'm now at a lecture meeting of the anime industry, and the speaker said that Fox would distribute Battle of Gods because Toei is planning on international screenings.
I wonder how big they're thinking? Big-big, like what Yuugi-Ou and Pokemon got? Hmm...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:54 pm

If that's the case then they should have done this back in the early 2000's when DBZ was bigger in the west then The Beatles.