Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:07 pm

You're changing your story when presented with evidence to the contrary.


No evidence was presented. So the DVD came out and a bunch of people of were talking about it, so? You think those people compare to the sheer amount of people who watched it online or downloaded it? They don't.
Have they, or have they simply read all about it here on the site due to the insane levels of documentation we have on it? Done by, mind you, someone who lives in Japan.


They watched it, don't believe otherwise. The day the sub of the extended edition came out I had three people send me a PM containing a link to download it and I never specifically asked for it so I wasn't the only one who got that link and there was a wave of people talking about it shortly after.

People here are not going to wait up to a year and a half until the movie is released in their country before they can watch it when it's been available to watch on the internet for about a year just because it's the right thing to do.

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Ok, so Battle of Gods....

Did we ever find out who voices Marron in this movie? In the Funi dub? She wasn't listed for some reason.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that not being known yet either...I doubt anyone happened to notice it in the credits though (I'd love to be proven wrong though, just for my own curiosity).
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16551
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Bullza wrote:No evidence was presented.
Before it even hit September 13th, I see the following people saying they bought it: SaiyaJedi, ShadowDude112, Daimo-Rikuri, Retan, Chuquita, kei17, Vegard Aune... I'm only 40 minutes into September 12th, there.
Bullza wrote:So the DVD came out and a bunch of people of were talking about it, so? You think those people compare to the sheer amount of people who watched it online or downloaded it? They don't.
Clarify who you're talking about. Active people posting as a part of this community, or elsewhere? Again, I'm not going to make a die-hard judgement call because I don't know the ins-and-outs of every single last member's checking account, but remember where you're posting right now. These people are crazy.

Just because you bootleg doesn't mean "everyone" else does.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 pm

You can add me to the list of people who pre-ordered the limited edition BD. :thumbup:
Valerius Dover wrote:Ok, so Battle of Gods....

Did we ever find out who voices Marron in this movie? In the Funi dub? She wasn't listed for some reason.
Marron isn't in the movie.


EDIT: Just realized I thought you were talking about Bra. I can't remember Marron either, but I'm sure she didn't have any lines...or even made any sound at all.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
Tzigi
Regular
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:36 am
Location: Litzmannstadt
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Tzigi » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:19 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Bullza wrote:So the DVD came out and a bunch of people of were talking about it, so? You think those people compare to the sheer amount of people who watched it online or downloaded it? They don't.
Clarify who you're talking about. Active people posting as a part of this community, or elsewhere? Again, I'm not going to make a die-hard judgement call because I don't know the ins-and-outs of every single last member's checking account, but remember where you're posting right now. These people are crazy.

Just because you bootleg doesn't mean "everyone" else does.
Just one meta-thing: while surely many people here bought BoG and watched it fully legally there are some who pirated it for one reason or another (I know it for a fact). But this second category probably won't show up that much in the text of specific post. Kanzenshuu's rules being what they are (especially those parts: "We do not condone bootlegging. (...) Discussions about and direct links to actively-pirating material (including illegal scanlation and video downloads) is not only frowned upon by the entire community, but will potentially result in strikes against your account and removal from the rest of the discussion.") people who don't want their accounts banned are unlikely to say "I have pirated BoG to watch it". I can speak from personal experience: I have in the past contributed somewhat to discussions mentioning BoG without ever mentioning how I watched the movie. So it's possible to assume either that I bought it or that I pirated it. And from my posts you won't know it - since I understand that we cannot discuss such illegal activities here so even supposing I pirated it, I could simply withhold this piece of information and proceed to discuss BoG without discussing my way of accessing this content.

User avatar
ParkerAL
Regular
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Have they, or have they simply read all about it here on the site due to the insane levels of documentation we have on it? Done by, mind you, someone who lives in Japan
I'm in this boat. I haven't seen the movie yet, besides the ridiculous number of clips Funimation before it hit theaters, but I have read Kanzenshuu's article on the differences between the theatrical and extended cuts out of curiosity.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Before it even hit September 13th, I see the following people saying they bought it:


You're talking maybe a couple dozen die hard fans who bought the movie before it showed up everywhere on the internet. They don't reflect the average user of which this site has thousands. As much as people like DBZ most aren't going to buy a movie that doesn't even have subtitles in their language.

Likewise they aren't going to wait and that's why most would have watched it online which is fine.

People aren't going to say "I just downloaded a torrent!" like they would say "I just bought the DVD!".
Clarify who you're talking about.


People here. Obviously elsewhere it would be even more true.
but remember where you're posting right now. These people are crazy.


That's my point, people on here are such big fans that they'll want to watch it as soon as they can. Something as trivial as a tagline can get pages worth of discussion. I'm from UK so we've had to wait 20 months before we actually get to legally see it as people here just don't speak Japanese. We aren't going to wait that long when everyone else is talking about it and there's clips all over youtube when there's a perfectly good sub a few clicks away.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Tzigi wrote:) people who don't want their accounts banned are unlikely to say "I have pirated BoG to watch it". I can speak from personal experience: I have in the past contributed somewhat to discussions mentioning BoG without ever mentioning how I watched the movie. So it's possible to assume either that I bought it or that I pirated it. And from my posts you won't know it - since I understand that we cannot discuss such illegal activities here so even supposing I pirated it, I could simply withhold this piece of information and proceed to discuss BoG without discussing my way of accessing this content.
Plus, it's not like there was any reason to say how you watched it. Unless someone specifically wanted to mention how, that wasn't never big point of discussion.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10272
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Bullza wrote: I'm from UK so we've had to wait 20 months before we actually get to legally see it as people here just don't speak Japanese. We aren't going to wait that long when everyone else is talking about it and there's clips all over youtube when there's a perfectly good sub a few clicks away.
They'll never release any of the live-action Kenshin movies over here in the States. I guess I should just pirate them, then?

Or I could, you know, just order a copy off Amazon or something. Perish the thought.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:They'll never release any of the live-action Kenshin movies over here in the States. I guess I should just pirate them, then?
LALALALALA, I can't hear you, LALALALALA. (I refuse to give up hope dammit! :cry: )

On topic, I agree that just because someone says they've seen the movie, it's best not to assume they have pirated it. There are plenty of people who do have the ability to purchase an import copy and watch it that way, some of them even understand enough Japanese so as to not need subtitles really. And if one is someone who has pirated it, it's probably best to not trumpet that fact, as well as to purchase a legit copy as soon as one is available in your territory to make up for that fact.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:07 pm

So people from UK should buy the movie from Amazon Japan so they can recieve a version that's in a language that they don't understand?

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8827
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Bullza wrote:So people from UK should buy the movie from Amazon Japan so they can recieve a version that's in a language that they don't understand?
If they want it to be legal, then...yes? As far as the UK goes though, there's already a listing for a release there, so I would figure anyone that's waited this long to see it, can surely hold out another couple of months.

Heck, it's only a matter of time until the US has it listed too, so again, if anyone has actually held off this long, then clearly it's in their capacity to hold off a little bit longer.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:27 pm

If they want it to be legal, then...yes?


What good would that be to anybody? It might be legal but you'd be paying for a film you couldn't understand and so couldn't really enjoy. Therefore the only option would be to wait well over a year and a half until they could get it and you can't expect such big fans to wait that long when there's a DVD quality version on the internet to watch anytime they want.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10272
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Bullza wrote:
If they want it to be legal, then...yes?


What good would that be to anybody? It might be legal but you'd be paying for a film you couldn't understand and so couldn't really enjoy. Therefore the only option would be to wait well over a year and a half until they could get it and you can't expect such big fans to wait that long when there's a DVD quality version on the internet to watch anytime they want.
But...but...you mean.....you might actually have to....WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE COMES OUT? In order to get a movie legally?

Oh the horror! I don't know how anyone could possibly take it. Oh the humanity!
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16551
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Bullza wrote:What good would that be to anybody? It might be legal but you'd be paying for a film you couldn't understand and so couldn't really enjoy. Therefore the only option would be to wait well over a year and a half until they could get it and you can't expect such big fans to wait that long when there's a DVD quality version on the internet to watch anytime they want.
Again, I say: you're on Kanzenshuu.

The conversation is going nowhere. In several threads you've promoted your pro-bootlegging agenda. We get it. You steal stuff. Great.

That's explicitly against the rules here, we're not interested in your conversations about it, and you're disrupting the rest of the conversation from people who want to talk about the movie. Enough is enough at this point.

My bad for indulging in the first place.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
ShadowDude112
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by ShadowDude112 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Bullza wrote: What good would that be to anybody? It might be legal but you'd be paying for a film you couldn't understand and so couldn't really enjoy. Therefore the only option would be to wait well over a year and a half until they could get it and you can't expect such big fans to wait that long when there's a DVD quality version on the internet to watch anytime they want.
I bought the Japanese blu-ray knowing full well I couldn't understand Japanese. But we had the detailed summary of it on Kanzenshuu and Dragon Ball isn't exactly hard to follow either. So, no. You're wrong.
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:If Toriyama joined Kanzenshuu, he'd probably forget his login name and password.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5150
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:21 pm
Location: Munciana

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Bullza wrote:
If they want it to be legal, then...yes?


What good would that be to anybody? It might be legal but you'd be paying for a film you couldn't understand and so couldn't really enjoy. Therefore the only option would be to wait well over a year and a half until they could get it and you can't expect such big fans to wait that long when there's a DVD quality version on the internet to watch anytime they want.
There's a chance that, if more people would import more releases now, then the Japanese studios will see the foreign interest and, in the future, release more things subbed/in other countries.

That, and more and more JP releases have English subs these days.

EDIT: Few people on this forum actually care if others do pirate it, but since it is technically illegal, passing around links and whatnot just isn't allowed on the forum. Heck, anyone who's seen the Extended version has seen it "pirated" from a TV-rip, as that's the only way to see it right now.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog
Want to join the (Un)Official Kanzenshuu Discord Server?~Click Here~

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:52 pm

But...but...you mean.....you might actually have to....WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE COMES OUT? In order to get a movie legally?


People already waited for the movie to come out, last March. Why should people wait over a year and a half to watch something they can watch within 5 minutes? So they remain on Santa's nice list? Maybe they should take your advice and buy a movie in a language they don't understand, perhaps look up each word as they watch it?

As long as they buy it in the end then what difference does it make?
Again, I say: you're on Kanzenshuu.


Not everyone on here will buy a movie they can't understand just because it's Dragon Ball you know.
In several threads you've promoted your pro-bootlegging agenda.
Several threads? Promoting? Just because I said most people downloaded it... I even said multiple times that I'm going to buy it.
we're not interested in your conversations about it


Yet we've got to this point because I said two words (Pirate Bay) to another person as a suggestion so that's not exactly true is it. I mean you just showed up to respond to my comment that was in response to someone else entirely like half a dozen others.

Maybe just let me give the suggestion or if it's a problem just delete the post, there's no need for people to harp on about it.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10272
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Bullza wrote:
But...but...you mean.....you might actually have to....WAIT UNTIL THE MOVIE COMES OUT? In order to get a movie legally?


People already waited for the movie to come out, last March. Why should people wait over a year and a half to watch something they can watch within 5 minutes? So they remain on Santa's nice list? Maybe they should take your advice and buy a movie in a language they don't understand, perhaps look up each word as they watch it?

As long as they buy it in the end then what difference does it make?
I dunno, maybe so they're not breaking the law? You know, strange as it might sound, some people think that stealing is wrong. And I dare you, walk into a store, grab a TV, and walk out with it saying that you'll pay for it later. See how far you get.

I honestly don't care if you pirate or not; it has no effect on me. But don't act like you're justified in doing so. Nobody "deserves" to get the movie before it's released to the public.

Waiting a little while longer isn't gonna kill anyone. It's a movie, not the cure for cancer.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Post Reply