What is Viz's Text Font in the Manga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

What is Viz's Text Font in the Manga?

Post by Selsiuss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:10 pm

I've been looking around for a font that looks like the font used in the English Dragon Ball manga, but so far to no avail. Some come close, but not quite. I know it is not Comic Sans or anything else found in Microsoft Word by default, so if anyone could provide a way to get the Viz DB font or one that comes dang close, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Re: What is Viz's Text Font in the Manga?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 pm

I believe it's called "Wild Words."

Selsiuss
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Selsiuss » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:38 pm

That's pretty close, but not exactly the same font. The Viz font doesn't "lean" to one direction as much, and the "G" in Viz looks more like it's drawn in one smooth stroke instead of two separate lines. Thanks for finding one pretty close, though.

EDIT: I believe that I have found the font that Viz uses. It's called "WhizBang."

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 am

Can someone scan a page with a lot of text?

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:29 pm

Selsiuss wrote:That's pretty close, but not exactly the same font. The Viz font doesn't "lean" to one direction as much, and the "G" in Viz looks more like it's drawn in one smooth stroke instead of two separate lines. Thanks for finding one pretty close, though.

EDIT: I believe that I have found the font that Viz uses. It's called "WhizBang."
I guess that's the one.

ImageImageImageImage
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?